Offers for aeronautical? Watch

This discussion is closed.
elise
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has had an offer for aeronautical/aerospace engineering? I'm an overseas student, and sent in my application two weeks ago by express mail. I already have the A-Levels: AAA in Maths, Physics, Chemistry. Here's what I applied for:

Imperial: Aeronautical
Bristol: Aeronautical
Bath: Mechanical/Aerospace
Edinburg: Mechanical

I'm worried that I applied late/near deadline. I read in a prospectus (Imperial's) that the Aeronautical course is generally oversubscribed. Anyone knows if they've sent out all their offers already?

-elise
babyboo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i dont think it will affect your chances significantly! if you've got the grades and your personal statement is good then thats what matters more, not when u applied through ucas.granted unis do start replying soon after they recieve your application apart form lse it seems so im sure u will get offers! u seem capable! xxxx
fred86
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by elise)
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has had an offer for aeronautical/aerospace engineering? I'm an overseas student, and sent in my application two weeks ago by express mail. I already have the A-Levels: AAA in Maths, Physics, Chemistry. Here's what I applied for:

I'm worried that I applied late/near deadline. I read in a prospectus (Imperial's) that the Aeronautical course is generally oversubscribed. Anyone knows if they've sent out all their offers already?

-elise
i have offers from bristol and bath, had them soince nov/dec time
way2go
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by elise)
Hi,

-elise
Hi Elise,

Here's another wannabee aerospace engineer. Which one will be your 1st choice? Why didn't you apply to southampton?

I wish you good luck with your application!
emzie
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i have a friend who has offerd from loughbourgh, Edinbourgh, Imperial and i cant remember the rest lol! he's heard from everyone now, i think his offers were around the BBB mark
klutz
Report 14 years ago
hey way2go...so which uni r u planing to go for aeronautical?? i'm thinking abt going to bristol..
way2go
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by klutz)
hey way2go...so which uni r u planing to go for aeronautical?? i'm thinking abt going to bristol..
I am already reading aerospace engineering at the Delft University of Technology in The Netherlands. I am now in my second year. So, if you have any general questions, just ask.

I don't know a lot about aerospace engineering in the UK, but for what I've heard and read, Bristol is quite a good choice.

By the way, I am also a member of EuroAvia, which is the european association of aerospace students: http://www.euroavia.net. It's a pity that Bristol is not an affiliate member, but otherwise I would seriously recommend joining it!
female_engineer
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Anyone here applied to loughborough for aeronautical engineering, or know of anyone who has? Anybody got an offer from them? I've applied to do aeronautical engineering/aerospace engineering at loughborough, southampton, liverpool, glasgow, queens belfast and hertfordshire.
El Asesino
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
If you don't get any of the places there's always clearing at the end of August, where it's basically first come first served especially with your grades you'd get a place in no-time. Another good uni is Kingston, the only institute that got 24/24 in their overall assesment.
female_engineer
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I got my offers in the end and am hoping to go to Loughborough University in September to study Aeronautical Engineering . How about others?
chats
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by female_engineer)
I got my offers in the end and am hoping to go to Loughborough University in September to study Aeronautical Engineering . How about others?
good luck, we need more female engineers
rb211524
Report 14 years ago
Would you like to concentrate in the aero-engine part? It is my name "RB211-524G/H" used to power the Boeing747-400.
female_engineer
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Now that everyone has received their A-level results, who is now going to study aeronautical engineering at University this Sept/Oct and if so which Uni?
klutz
Report 14 years ago
ME. At Imperial College. what abt u female_engineer?
justcallmefoxxy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Anyone here applied to loughborough for aeronautical engineering, or know of anyone who has?
My boyfriend's starting there this October to do aeronautical engineering! I think his offer was AAB with an A in physics... or something like that.
female_engineer
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by klutz)
ME. At Imperial College. what abt u female_engineer?
Yes, I'm going to Loughborough.
Hyvry1
Report 14 years ago
Aerospace engineering at Surrey.
dhutch
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yes, I'm going to Loughborough.
YAY, so am I !!

Daniel
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (108)
19.78%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (222)
40.66%
Nope, not that interesting (216)
39.56%

Watched Threads