The Student Room Group

Forbes' World's Most Beatiful campuses

What do we think?: http://www.forbes.com/2010/08/31/beautiful-campuses-lifestyle-education-colleges-10-university-architecture_slide_2.html

Here's the first ten for those who don't want to see the slideshow.
Kenyon College, Ohio
University of Oxford, England
Princeton University, New Jersey
Scripps College, California
Stanford University, California
Trinity College Dublin, Ireland
Tsinghua University, Beijing
United States Air Force Academy, Colorado
University of Bologna, Italy
University of California- Santa Cruz, California

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm surprised Cambridge isn't on there, considering how similar it is to Oxford.

It's all a matter of opinion anyway. Personally, I think Cambridge is the nicest.
Reply 2
Been to princeton and oxford.. they were some sexy ass places.. i wouldn't study.. i'd just walk around and look at stuff. then.. that explains why i couldnt get in to oxford (A)
Reply 3
Very nice, but I still think Founders at Royal Holloway is really rather spectacular.
Damn, I shouldn't have thrown away the mailer Kenyon sent me.

edit: looking at pictures, it reminds me a lot of other pwetty LACs, like Bryn Mawr (which is said to have the nicest student accommodation)
I would argue Royal Holloway should be in there....even if it is a crappy school.
Reply 6
Warwick's nice!! Surprised some more UK unis aren't on there like Exeter, LSE etc.
Why Is Bath Not There!!!
Reply 8
Very America-oriented :yep: They do have some pretty campuses.
The air academy looks like god's razor blade.

:lolwut:
Failure to recognise the incredible scenery of Exeter university is probably some sort of crime.
spacepirate-James

This is very true - it doesn't seem to belong on the list? Cambrige, Bath, Exeter, Royal Holloway are all much more attaractive than that ugly building? I bet this list was written by an American :yep:

Oh, and I don't think that oriental university (can't spell the name) is all that either, although the one in Italy is nice.
Reply 12
spacepirate-James

Exactly what I was thinking! lol...so much surrounding free space as well.
Reply 13
I can vouch for Bologna. Beautiful city.
Nottingham's campus looks pretty damn nice!
Urgh I hate American architecture. These are nearly all Anglo countries though - seems a bit biased to me.
cdsmith1990
Nottingham's campus looks pretty damn nice!

Agreed! And I visited it yesterday!
Reply 17
Agree with all the comments saying Exeter should have been included. Yale's amazing though..
Why is Cambridge not on there!?
Oxford & Cambridge are not "campus" universities. Both have colleges & wider university faculties dotted around their respective cities. Architecturally splendid? Yes. A campus? No.

Latest

Trending

Trending