Turn on thread page Beta

3000th Post/Housing In 2nd Year watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    He's keeping his lips sealed on this. We've been trying to guess, but apparantly only 1 other person knows what will happen.
    i think that's a_musical_girl

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    Do you think whatever Uni I apply to will let me stay in Halls for all my years? It would be cheaper for me and I will be on a strict buget. Do they let people withspecial circumistances to be able to stay in halls?

PS I'm getting my site sorted finally, my year's domain is almost up too! I have a deal with a company (CDs and Videos) and another with a Sheet Music/Books and other musical stuff which is allowing me to sell their stuff on my site. The money from which will go straight into the Uni Fund!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    i think that's a_musical_girl

lou xxx
    Yeah, maybe, probably!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_musical_gal)
    Do you think whatever Uni I apply to will let me stay in Halls for all my years? It would be cheaper for me and I will be on a strict buget. Do they let people withspecial circumistances to be able to stay in halls?
    my brothers old roomate has been allowed to stay in halls in leeds for all his years. he even pays extra and stays for holidays. i doubt there would be a problem.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    So basically, what you're saying is that he is announcing a proposal of some kind?

ReputationRep:
    So worth checking out then before applying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    my brothers old roomate has been allowed to stay in halls in leeds for all his years. he even pays extra and stays for holidays. i doubt there would be a problem.

lou xxx

Lou, any chance you can find out how he managed that from him for me?

5 days of rep up for grabs!

ReputationRep:
    Lou, any chance you can find out how he managed that from him for me?

5 days of rep up for grabs![/color]
    he didn't find out before applying- in fact he didn't even start off in halls, he moved in about a week later (he's from leeds anyway)- he just contacted the person in charge of accomadation and they managed to come to an arrangement. i get the impression it was relatively simple.

i'd e-mail all your unis before you apply and ask if staying in halls for your entire course is a possibility- i doubt it would be a problem in any of the big unis with plenty of halls- and i do know that most unis guarentee a place for all 1st years.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    He's keeping his lips sealed on this. We've been trying to guess, but apparantly only 1 other person knows what will happen.
    2 others now, the truth was beaten out of me in a club in exeter!

any guesses who?!

ReputationRep:
    I'm going into halls again next year so I don't have to share with my current gay flat mate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)

any guesses who?!
    Hmmmmmmmmm, Katy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)

any guesses who?!

hehe, drunk ollie couldnt keep his mouth shut!!!

i tried coming on here and making an announcement..but i couldnt figure out how to turn the computer on in my drunken state....

...so its a secret for now...

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    Ollie, if you are thinking about it:

Internet proposals are lame!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickle_katy)
    hehe, drunk ollie couldnt keep his mouth shut!!!

i tried coming on here and making an announcement..but i couldnt figure out how to turn the computer on in my drunken state....

...so its a secret for now...

love Katy ***
    and drunk katy wouldnt take no for an answer!

practically beat me into submission!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)

Ollie, just remembered, please disperse some rep.

ReputationRep:
    I give up on the monday thing. Noone's guessed what's gonna happen. It's unguessable!

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea where I'll be living, or who I'll be living with next year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)

when there were big beefy bouncers standing next to you- who'd throw me out if i was at all agressive!!

you told me because you wanted to.

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:

PS I'm getting my site sorted finally, my year's domain is almost up too! I have a deal with a company (CDs and Videos) and another with a Sheet Music/Books and other musical stuff which is allowing me to sell their stuff on my site. The money from which will go straight into the Uni Fund!

it can be dramatically cheeper to live out of halls sometimes, im not planning on spending the £100 a week i am now next year.

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickle_katy)
    it can be dramatically cheeper to live out of halls sometimes, im not planning on spending the £100 a week i am now next year.

love Katy ***
    Yeah exactly - i'm paying £72 a week in halls and next year most of houses in the area cost about £50 a week - loads cheaper (especially as most of them include bills). All i'll need to do is spend £150 on a bus pass for the year and then i'm sorted!

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.