The worst part about taking an exam is... Watch

This discussion is closed.
Mark_KK
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
The time when you are in-between the taking of the exam and getting the results, this is especially relevant when you think that you have done enough to achieve what you want/need but are not totally sure (i.e. most people then ).

Thankfully I am limited to an 8 or 9 week wait for the results of my January modules and I take my final summer exam on July 2nd which is about 6 or 7 weeks before results come out.

As a result of the above I do not have to wait *too long* before I get my results, but its still an awful limbo to be in.
emmz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Mark_KK)
The time when you are in-between the taking of the exam and getting the results, this is especially relevant when you think that you have done enough to achieve what you want/need but are not totally sure (i.e. most people then ).

Thankfully I am limited to an 8 or 9 week wait for the results of my January modules and I take my final summer exam on July 2nd which is about 6 or 7 weeks before results come out.

As a result of the above I do not have to wait *too long* before I get my results, but its still an awful limbo to be in.
the thought of not knowing the results puts me off working for the summer exams. i dunno why its just me im weird.
Bhaal85
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

Yep I know what you mean. Tomorrow I get my marks for Mathematics for one of the modules I resat in November, I am hoping for 100%. I wish somebody could have told me that I would have got the results like in June, just so that I would more relaxed than I am at the moment!
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I hate waiting for results, I just want to know them and act on them ASAP. Though I'm quite good at predicting my performance so I can anticipate what I have and therefore what I need. My teacher worked out that in my next three Maths modules I need an average of -6 to fail...

But the waiting is crap. Yawn!
Bhaal85
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ZJuwelH)
I hate waiting for results, I just want to know them and act on them ASAP. Though I'm quite good at predicting my performance so I can anticipate what I have and therefore what I need. My teacher worked out that in my next three Maths modules I need an average of -6 to fail...

But the waiting is crap. Yawn!
Average of -6???? What?
Mark_KK
Rep:
?
(Original post by emmz)
the thought of not knowing the results puts me off working for the summer exams. i dunno why its just me im weird.
Not knowing how I did puts me off almost everything.

I took my first three modules last Friday and needless to say I spent the weekend very much thinking about how I had done.
byb3
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

Yeah, one day I hope robots can mark them. Surely there are ways to get them marked as soon as you did the exam. As soon as I leave the exam room I want to know how I did.

Adam
deathisg0d
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
Nah, the most annoying thing would probably be the D***ed punk kid next to you who keeps drumming his fingers on the desk.
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Bhaal85)
Average of -6???? What?
I have a total of 258 from my AS modules. An E in A-Level Maths is 240. Which means I'm guaranteed an E. Ding!
Bhaal85
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Not knowing how I did puts me off almost everything.

I took my first three modules last Friday and needless to say I spent the weekend very much thinking about how I had done.
Dont, its a killer, reflection on your performance can affect your confidence. Dont dwell upon it.
Mark_KK
Rep:
?
Average of -6???? What?
Renember that failing an A-level involves scoring below an "E" (or is it below a "N").

This in itself must be very difficult although I managed it when I was at school originally and didnt give a fcuk about Business Studies and Economics to the point that I went out on the beer the night before the exam!
Bhaal85
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I have a total of 258 from my AS modules. An E in A-Level Maths is 240. Which means I'm guaranteed an E. Ding!
I thought that you where a Maths Genius? Wait a minute 258 marks out of 300 isn't bad, you just gotta do good in P3 and M2/S2 in June.

Though if I where you. I would seriously consider re-taing some of your AS modules, as it easier to get higher marks.
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I thought that you where a Maths Genius? Wait a minute 258 marks out of 300 isn't bad, you just gotta do good in P3 and M2/S2 in June.

Though if I where you. I would seriously consider re-taing some of your AS modules, as it easier to get higher marks.
I already retook D1 on Monday and I'll definitely retake P1 in June.

I wouldn't call myself a genius, I'm just really good at it and it interests me and I find it fun. More 'enthusiast' than 'genius'.

And my A2 modules are P2, P3 and S1. S1 is a certain A I reckon.
Bhaal85
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I already retook D1 on Monday and I'll definitely retake P1 in June.

I wouldn't call myself a genius, I'm just really good at it and it interests me and I find it fun. More 'enthusiast' than 'genius'.

And my A2 modules are P2, P3 and S1. S1 is a certain A I reckon.
Yep. I got a definite A in P1 that I did on Monday. I have the S1 module this upcoming monday. But its Business Studies that I am dreading.
byb3
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

You don't have to get 300/300 to be a maths genius.

Just have to enjoy it and get a comfortable A.

Adam

FYI (520/600)
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Yep. I got a definite A in P1 that I did on Monday. I have the S1 module this upcoming monday. But its Business Studies that I am dreading.
I don't get why people find Business Studies hard. But then I take Economics and Accounting so I think I'm not the right person to be saying so...
Bhaal85
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I don't get why people find Business Studies hard. But then I take Economics and Accounting so I think I'm not the right person to be saying so...
Well put it this way. My teachers believed I should have got an 'A' at A2. I got 100% in three modules. Then I got half marks in one paper, then bumped it to 100% as well. Then the b*stard of a paper came, BUS5W the report, all the top students got half marks including myself, I was soooooo close to an 'A', 11 marks away. So the teachers at my college decided that they want to scrap that module and have opted for the coursework. Only one person got a grade A and she too, got half marks in BUS5W.

BUSW is all about theory, which is fairly straight forward. However it was the way in which BUS5W was structured that caught many of the students off guard.
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Well put it this way. My teachers believed I should have got an 'A' at A2. I got 100% in three modules. Then I got half marks in one paper, then bumped it to 100% as well. Then the b*stard of a paper came, BUS5W the report, all the top students got half marks including myself, I was soooooo close to an 'A', 11 marks away. So the teachers at my college decided that they want to scrap that module and have opted for the coursework. Only one person got a grade A and she too, got half marks in BUS5W.

BUSW is all about theory, which is fairly straight forward. However it was the way in which BUS5W was structured that caught many of the students off guard.
But surely if the exam was hard tehn teh marks would be scaled upwards-i.e. not yoyr raw marks-ytour UMS marks up to 90, inline with otehr exam diffuculty.
Bhaal85
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by 2776)
But surely if the exam was hard tehn teh marks would be scaled upwards-i.e. not yoyr raw marks-ytour UMS marks up to 90, inline with otehr exam diffuculty.
EXACTLY!!! That is what I thought, but alas no change. That is why our college made the drastic change this year to coursework, they where disgusted, and this was after several appeals, including my work.
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
EXACTLY!!! That is what I thought, but alas no change. That is why our college made the drastic change this year to coursework, they where disgusted, and this was after several appeals, including my work.
That sounds soooo wrong. Surely not?!? Damn, well sometimes the system truely screws you over.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (57)
19.39%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (119)
40.48%
Nope, not that interesting (118)
40.14%

Watched Threads