The worst part about taking an exam is... Watch

This discussion is closed.
Mark_KK
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by 2776)
Damn, well sometimes the system truely screws you over.
Yes, a couple of years ago one exam board decided to DOWNGRADE many students because they thought that too many students aheived a good grade.

This prompted many appeals / people missing out on university places and eventually led to a mass enquiry.
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Mark_KK)
Yes, a couple of years ago one exam board decided to DOWNGRADE many students because they thought that too many students aheived a good grade.

This prompted many appeals / people missing out on university places and eventually led to a mass enquiry.
They have to do that, to achieve the same % of A's for every subject, as not to make one subject easier etc.
LongGone
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Mark_KK)
Renember that failing an A-level involves scoring below an "E" (or is it below a "N").

This in itself must be very difficult although I managed it when I was at school originally and didnt give a fcuk about Business Studies and Economics to the point that I went out on the beer the night before the exam!
I know someone who went into an exam hungover and got an A in it. Strange.
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 2776)
They have to do that, to achieve the same % of A's for every subject, as not to make one subject easier etc.
It was stupid. Business was my strongest subject. I revised considerably for it, and all I got was a darn 'B' for my efforts.

For Computing, all I did was read my notes the night before, and I got virtually full marks, and ended up with an 'A'.
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I still remember getting my A Level results when the teacher handed me my sheet it was the most nervewracking moment of my life then, only things that have ever been worse were my degree result which wouldnt have bothered me at all but one of my marks had been externally moderated and my final mark was vastly different to the grade I had been given and for one horrific moment I thought that it would make me have a 2.2 because I was that panicked that I couldnt see on the form where it said overall grade. And worst to date was my driving test but again I dont think I would have been that bothered about that if it wasnt for the fact that I hate driving and the idea of doing that test again really freaked me out.

A Level results day is a ***** especially because you cant act too happy in front of your mates who have missed their place because you dont want to rub it in that you did ok.
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by viviki)
A Level results day is a ***** especially because you cant act too happy in front of your mates who have missed their place because you dont want to rub it in that you did ok.
Hence, why I cant be bothered to make friends with other people in my college. lol.
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I still remember getting my A Level results when the teacher handed me my sheet it was the most nervewracking moment of my life then, only things that have ever been worse were my degree result which wouldnt have bothered me at all but one of my marks had been externally moderated and my final mark was vastly different to the grade I had been given and for one horrific moment I thought that it would make me have a 2.2 because I was that panicked that I couldnt see on the form where it said overall grade. And worst to date was my driving test but again I dont think I would have been that bothered about that if it wasnt for the fact that I hate driving and the idea of doing that test again really freaked me out.

Just like gcse results.
viviki
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
One of my friends always gets good results shes never remotely flunked anything in her life so when the teacher handed her the A Level results he said well done without looking at them and she had got CCD.
I felt absolutely terrible for her.
viviki
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 2776)
Just like gcse results.
I've got a mental block on my GCSE results I dont remember how I got them or anything its really strange, maybe it was that traumatic that I've blocked it out lol.
Percy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
One of my friends always gets good results shes never remotely flunked anything in her life so when the teacher handed her the A Level results he said well done without looking at them and she had got CCD.
I felt absolutely terrible for her.
Why? Those are excellent grades!
Meerkat
Report 16 years ago
Preparation and Just before the exam when you dont know what exactly is coming out and you're like "Who the hell invented the idea of exams!!! PAH!!!" . When you get so anxious and stuff. When you actually do the paper (unless its very difficult), it's quite a nice feeling to have when you kinda know most of the answers! And after the exam, party time. You know what I mean.
bond2004
Report 16 years ago
I agree the waiting is the hardest part.
Mark_KK
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by Percy)
Why? Those are excellent grades!
Its all subjective isnt it?

If you start out as an E or D grade student and end up with CCD you have done well and deserve congratulation.

If you start out as a B or A grade student hoping to do Medicine or something and end up with CCD you have failed!

I am currently doing 2 A-levels and need a B and a C to get into Uni. I will probably still get in with CC but anything less than this and I will consider not to have achieved what I needed to.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (239)
61.76%
Yes- I don't like it (18)
4.65%
No- I want it (104)
26.87%
No- I don't want it (26)
6.72%

Watched Threads