This discussion is closed.
feli1986
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Hello, I've been accepted to Durham U and KCL. I have to decide which one's better but they both have a very good reputation for law.

Any ideas
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by feli1986)
Hello, I've been accepted to Durham U and KCL. I have to decide which one's better but they both have a very good reputation for law.

Any ideas
Oh no!!!!!! What have you done? You would have been better to of applied to Thames Valley University. OMG! Durham, aren't they rated only 9th in the league tables?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by feli1986)

Any ideas
Much as I hate to say it....

Durham

However...it's much harder at Durham to get a 1st or 2i in Law than it is at ANY other university...in some ways this is good - it means that if you are one of the people who get a good law degree from Durham you will be at an excellent advantage. But if you aren't 100% confident that you will be capable of getting a 2i or above or you want to spend *some* of your time at university being lazy and not doing much work then Durham might not be for you.

Either way visit both universities (if possible stay overnight in their halls of residence) visit the student union bar, the lecture theatres, the departments, the town cente, even the local supermarket etc etc and get a real feel for if you will be happy living and studying there.

At any university if you aren't happy and settled you wont fulfill your full potential.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university offer been reduced?

Yes (7)
31.82%
No (13)
59.09%
Don't know (2)
9.09%

Watched Threads