The Student Room Group

How old do you have to be to buy pain relief?

I've been looking for clarification on this for a while...

how old do you have to be to buy pain relief such as Nurofen or Ibuprofen in Boots or Tesco, for example?

Thank you :smile:
Reply 1
Found this and this. Don't know if they help?
Reply 2
I think it's 16. Might be 18. Directgov?
To buy Nurofen in Boots you have to be 16 years old. If you scroll down it says ''Age restriction - You must be at least 16 years old to purchase this product'' - http://www.boots.com/en/Nurofen-200mg-16-Tablets_9415/

I would imagine it'd be the same everywhere. Also, if it matters, most places only allowed you two buy two packets at a time. I got turned away from Tesco for trying to buy two boxes of paracetamol and two boxes of cold and flu capsules, and I'm quite clearly full of cold and need them :indiff:
Reply 4
Sakura-Chan
I got turned away from Tesco for trying to buy two boxes of paracetamol and two boxes of cold and flu capsules, and I'm quite clearly full of cold and need them :indiff:

That was probably because cold medicine tends to have a lot of paracetamol in it and taking that stuff in combination with normal painkillers may lead to an overdose. I think the cold medicine boxes have those warnings on them as well.
Peregrinum
That was probably because cold medicine tends to have a lot of paracetamol in it and taking that stuff in combination with normal painkillers may lead to an overdose. I think the cold medicine boxes have those warnings on them as well.

Yeah, I know. It's just inconvenient that you're not allowed to buy more than two of anything :huff:
Reply 6
Pretty sure it's 16 :smile:
is necessary to take into account that these painkillers are addictive and anxiolytics, and that should be taken consciously and with caution.

James Kildare
Findrxonline
What's the age restrictions on buying one maxi flu lemsip
You can buy as many ibroprofen as you like but only allowed to purchase 2 boxes of paracetamol, wether that’s tablets or in products containing paracetamol.

Quick Reply

Latest