Acceptable Waistline for Men over 6 feet?

Watch
SummerSofas
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Okay i know that for an average height guy (5'9) his waist ought to be ideally around 32/34 inches, with more than 36in as a health risk. But surely this varies with height? I'm 6'2 and have a 35.75in waist, is this unhealthy, because i dont feel/look fat..
Advertisement
sil3nt_cha0s
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
The ideal waist size for a 6'2 guy should be 34 inches, apparently :yes:.

http://www.collectivewizdom.com/NormalWaistSize.html
zcomputer5
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by SummerSofas)
Okay i know that for an average height guy (5'9) his waist ought to be ideally around 32/34 inches, with more than 36in as a health risk. But surely this varies with height? I'm 6'2 and have a 35.75in waist, is this unhealthy, because i dont feel/look fat..
Well I am 6'1.5 and my waist is 34inch, however it has increase from previously 32inch though this has been mainly due to weight training for 2.5years.
Advertisement
SummerSofas
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by zcomputer5)
Well I am 6'1.5 and my waist is 34inch, however it has increase from previously 32inch though this has been mainly due to weight training for 2.5years.
intersting, i used to be 12 stone and 33 waist, i started on weights, im 14 stone 4 now and 35.75 waist.
whats your weight btw?
MALIK HAMID
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm 6'3" and 34 inch waist & I'm guessing that's pretty much the standard.
Advertisement
storm_jh
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
**** that, I'm 6'2 and 32, and currently on a diet.
HARRY PUTAH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
The ideal waist size for a 6'2 guy should be 34 inches, apparently :yes:.

http://www.collectivewizdom.com/NormalWaistSize.html

w00t.

get in there son!
Advertisement
SundayJob
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
~6 foot and 34 is probably the best.

I'd say 32-36 is acceptable.

Anything under 32, i'd say put on weight.

Anything above 36, i'd say try to lose weight.

zcomputer5
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
intersting, i used to be 12 stone and 33 waist, i started on weights, im 14 stone 4 now and 35.75 waist.
whats your weight btw?
I am currently around 15 stone at probably about 12.5% body fat.
Advertisement
zcomputer5
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by SundayJob)
~6 foot and 34 is probably the best.

I'd say 32-36 is acceptable.

Anything under 32, i'd say put on weight.

Anything above 36, i'd say try to lose weight.

I would agree with this.
RawJoh1
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Depends on how you're built. Plenty of very thick set guys have big waists (eg. 36 inches) but because they're very thick set and muscular it doesn't look bad.

If you're skinny/average build but with a beer belly, you'll look ****.

It's the package that matters, not the waist.
Advertisement
Mr. Toten Wolfen
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I as a 6’2” male myself, have a 33-34” waistline which is “ideal”, while you have a 35.75” waist line, this doesn’t mean you’re unhealthy though. See, I’ve been pretty overweight my entire childhood(3-12 YOA) and had a waistline of 30- at 5’11”, this was because the fat doesn’t build as much as the muscle. On the other, when I started taking my weight training and sports like football and MMA more seriously, I developed muscle and expanded my waistline by 3-4inches. I thought I was getting fatter and more unhealthy because of this, but when I looked in the mirror, I looked more healthy than I’ve ever had in my life at age 14. I’m 17 currently and still keeping up an active lifestyle, trying to keep my waistline under 37in in fat but above 30in in muscle. The thing is, if you workout and have a more built muscle stature, that could be the reason for looking good and having a larger waistline. Also, BMI tests don’t always calculate your level of fat correctly, if you were going for that next. You have to see a medical professional if you’re concerned with your Fat:Muscle ratio.
Rakhimjon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I am 5'9 and my waist is 30 inches. Is this less than normal?
Advertisement
161BMW
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
What is ideal waist size for 5ft 11 or 6ft ?
Cambrian80
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
There is no "ideal" waist size. Medically speaking, having a waist circumference of more that 37in (for men) or 31.5in (for women) puts you at an increased risk of a range of health problems. So, provided you're under those guidelines, it's probably not worth worrying too much.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (22)
22.92%
No (74)
77.08%

Watched Threads