The Student Room Group

What's the deal with Superdry clothing?

Scroll to see replies

I find that branded clothes can generally be made from high quality material. This does NOT apply to Superdry clothing. The hoodies with very easily, the string on the hoodie turns stringy very easily, and only idiots are seen wearing it.
Original post by TheUbermensche
I find that branded clothes can generally be made from high quality material. This does NOT apply to Superdry clothing. The hoodies with very easily, the string on the hoodie turns stringy very easily, and only idiots are seen wearing it.

Like I said before, let's not judge people based on what they wear. I wear a Superdry hoodie because I really like it. I didn't even know the brand was all that. Plus, my mom got it for me at a good discounted price.

As for the quality, I personally think it's great. The fabric feels very comfortable and pleasant. I don't see any problem with the quality at all.
Original post by py0alb
I have no problem whatsoever with people spending money on good quality. Buying cheap shoes/jeans/jackets is something of a false economy because they don't last, and £26 isn't that bad for a t-shirt I suppose. But wasting money on following every single fashion trend or label regardless of whether it will suit you is just 'tarded. Personally I wouldn't want to wear superdry precisely because every other guy in the street has it blazened across his chest.

The thing is, what is the point on buying "good quality" clothes, that last a lot if in a few months no one is gonna wear them because they wont be hot stuff anymore?

PS is this the thread where people that has a supedrdy jacket just noticed how trendy they are, swear they wear them just because they like them and didn't spend 200 quid on them because they bought them for one pound in a charity shop?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 83
Original post by Dragonfly_
The thing is, what is the point on buying "good quality" clothes, that last a lot if in a few months no one is gonna wear them because they wont be hot stuff anymore?

PS is this the thread where people that has a supedrdy jacket just noticed how trendy they are, swear they wear them just because they like them and didn't spend 200 quid on them because they bought them for one pound in a charity shop?

In my opinion most people spend more money on designer labels as an investment not to wear for a year and through out. People who do the latter have no sense
Reply 84
TBH I recently got some Superdry trousers/skinny chinos and the quality is really good for the price (£50 full-price, £20 on ebay store), with a sort of selvedge seam going the entire length of the trousers an the in-seam is also really well done.
Reply 85
Original post by HEDM22
It's just lush clothes and FYI £60-£100 on a pair of jeans really isn't that much money anymore...

It is when I can pay half that on a pair of jeans of identical quality that just happen to lack a designer label.
What your actually paying is:

£7 for the shirt(material costs)

£20 for the branded logo.
I don't think that they would be genuine Superdry hoodies, if they were just a tenner!
Reply 88
Surgery has all coughing mass in India and pays the worker 30p for a ten hour shift THEN mails it here and charges THE EARTH.DESIGN IS FAIR. THEY ARE NOT AS GOOD AS THEY MAKE OUT.Personally I WAS going to get the £200 white ski jacket AND TILL I found out that they SLEEVE families in Asia to make THEM a billion.Advise? DON'T BUY SUPERDRY.
Well I own a few items from super dry and the one thing I notice is that the sizes not only run small but also differ depending on the style and whether it's made in China or Turkey. Also the material makes the tees a lil too hot for the summer but excellent for the winter time or fall (New England weather) the material is really good thick quality and the style is pretty much made by Japanese but influenced by the euro look and so you get a pretty unique blend of style that's kinda of basic with a splash of style, if that makes sense lol! I'd give it a thumbs up as long as your not suffering from menopause or hot flashes. You won't see many ppl wearing the same item as you, they have a pretty big selection ranging from vintage to hiking. The price is a bit high but your clothes will last forever.
It shows the tenor ladies are working.
It’s called Superdry because that’s what women feel when they see you wearing it
Reply 92
I disagree with you. Lower prise =unethical contusion of people making the clothes and less quality. It's a very good brand, it's more expensive but at least is ethical
Original post by Meikaka
I disagree with you. Lower prise =unethical contusion of people making the clothes and less quality. It's a very good brand, it's more expensive but at least is ethical

The brand is sh*t and is basically dying. I still remember years ago when everyone had them winter coats but in different colours. Used to make my blood boil 😂
haha i have a superdry hoody which is 7 years old and still going strong
pretty amazing for 50 quid. its the quality youre getting also
It's a brand made for thugs and bullies. ****ed up **** this world. They walk around like they know ****. Wtf. Clown brand iuam.

Quick Reply

Latest