This discussion is closed.
Howard
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by maljosh)
vienna95, i think you are a big-head (that wasn't meant to be an insult)
I'm not gonna argue with you, but americans are going to far... the whole europe is angree with them, and you are telling me americans are good. I'm not a racist. I just don't like it when one nation rises above all the rest and thinks it's ok. It's not... mark my words, girl, America will suffer in the future coz of their politics agaist other countries...

By the way, i'm russian... ya ya, i know russian economy sucks, but still as a country it is quite powerfull in the middle east. Do you think it is a good idea to go agaist Russia, France, Germany, China? That's what US are doing at the moment... if you knew the situations in those countries, polititions aren't very happy with US rulling on everything...

OPS, we're missing the point, it's quite a good idea to explore the mars, but there isn't much point to do it.. i don't think people will ever move to mars... oh, i got it, when 3 world war starts americans will move to mars in order to survive.. hehe, i have nothing against american people, but they really ought to change their politics, may be president as well...
Oh, so you "don't like it when one nation rises above all the rest"

Don't you think you are being a bit overcritical, coming as you do from a nation who's politicians for decades spent many many more times (as a proportion of GDP) on arms than America ever did?
Vienna
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by kildare)
Why not rise above it?
the really abusive stuff i do...(your a *****, you deserved to be shot, go **** urself, ******, ****.etc)

the borderline stuff is disappointing but usually pertains to the argument.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
vienna95, i think you are a big-head (that wasn't meant to be an insult)
I'm not gonna argue with you, but americans are going to far...
trying to further mankind? or is this just bitterness because they beat you to the moon?

the whole europe is angree with them, and you are telling me americans are good.
no, im saying Europe should take its finger out of its arse and smell the coffee. what is bad about americans?? for gross generalisations sake of course.

I'm not a racist. I just don't like it when one nation rises above all the rest and thinks it's ok.
or if that country happens to be America and u happen to hate everything to do with it?

It's not... mark my words, girl, America will suffer in the future coz of their politics agaist other countries...
what future?
like the British Empire suffered..? like other REAL imperial powers?
which countries?

By the way, i'm russian... ya ya, i know russian economy sucks, but still as a country it is quite powerfull in the middle east. Do you think it is a good idea to go agaist Russia, France, Germany, China? That's what US are doing at the moment... if you knew the situations in those countries, polititions aren't very happy with US rulling on everything...
i live in France, i know what they think. they are anti-american because they cant stand the fact that they are the 5th economy in the world and frankly not as big as theyd like to be or think they are. they sit around waffling on about legitimacy and abstraction, knowing that 'it wont happen in our back yard'.
Russia lost more in the Iraq conflict than face. Russia lost arms deals to Iraq totalling 80billion dollars(thats aboout 3 times as much as the US could have gained and havent). Mr. Poutine wouldnt know free market if it came up and smacked him in the face.China is living under communism and Germany will cease being europes largest economy by the end of this decade. in fact, Germany has always been and still is an ally of America and the public support shows that.

all these countries hate america because america possess something they do not have or do not understand.

OPS, we're missing the point, it's quite a good idea to explore the mars, but there isn't much point to do it.. i don't think people will ever move to mars... oh, i got it, when 3 world war starts americans will move to mars in order to survive.. hehe, i have nothing against american people, but they really ought to change their politics, may be president as well...
why, because you dont like them?
because they are effective?
because it protects them and gives them a high standard of living?
because they protect the western world?

i appreciate arguments regarding objection toward specific policies, but you just sound like a weary and envious Cold War dropout.
G4ry
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I don't see how going to space is really going to further mankind? The way the world is in i can't see mankind surviving the next 3 years unless something is done. Bush is not focusing on the bigger picture and he's just doing everything wrong to try and make sure he wins the next term. The american airline security is a farcé, we have known all along that the weakness is in american internal security and not from planes coming from Europe, so what does Bush do? He introduces more regulations to get in to america and finger-print readers, digital pictures. This proved to be useless because he didn't do anything about his airports which has the real problems, and someone slipped through the net yesterday by taking live ammunition on to a plane. This can be related to the world, he's focusing on the huge picture and not looking at fixing his own back-yard first.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
I don't see how going to space is really going to further mankind? The way the world is in i can't see mankind surviving the next 3 years unless something is done. Bush is not focusing on the bigger picture and he's just doing everything wrong to try and make sure he wins the next term. The american airline security is a farcé, we have known all along that the weakness is in american internal security and not from planes coming from Europe, so what does Bush do? He introduces more regulations to get in to america and finger-print readers, digital pictures. This proved to be useless because he didn't do anything about his airports which has the real problems, and someone slipped through the net yesterday by taking live ammunition on to a plane. This can be related to the world, he's focusing on the huge picture and not looking at fixing his own back-yard first.
instead of talking in soundbites and rhetoric, give us some examples of the bigger picture and 'doing everything wrong' and 'fixing his own back yard'.

everyone knows the weakness is internal? er, no. the weakness is islamic arab-born europeans on flights to the states.

this is based on a guy who got through the failing metal detectors with a handful of bullets/?
Waya
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
George Bush has done some pretty silly things in his time in office, but this is up there with them. He's pledging to spend One Trillion Dollars on space exploration. Why?!? That amount could go towards much better uses such as: curing aids, getting rid of third world debt, making sure no-one on this planet goes hungry, he could buy his own oil so he doesn't have to invade other countries for it.

I'm all for exploration but this is just getting rather silly. He should first of all fix things on this planet before going off to ruin another planet.
He's doing it because he's looking for weapon's of mass destruction up there.
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well if they make it onto mars and decided to populate it and Bush volunteers to be the ruler on mars its worth every penny
G4ry
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by vienna95)
everyone knows the weakness is internal? er, no. the weakness is islamic arab-born europeans on flights to the states.

this is based on a guy who got through the failing metal detectors with a handful of bullets/?
The weakness is not arab born europeans on flights to the states. Where did the planes that crashed into the towers come from? You'll find it was an internal flight, not an international flight.

You call it a handful of bullets, but with the right preparation these can kill, it doesn't take much to set them off either, and quite accurately too.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
The weakness is not arab born europeans on flights to the states. Where did the planes that crashed into the towers come from? You'll find it was an internal flight, not an international flight.
so, "we have known all along that the weakness is in american internal security and not from planes coming from Europe" comes from YOUR logic based on events over 2 years ago. believe it or not, it would be a understatement to say American security and terrorist measures have changed since then, and so have those taken by the terrorists. recent FBI intelligence showed that the majority of suspected terrorists detained or their attacks that were foiled were conceived and planned in Europe by terrorists living in Europe. much like 9/11 which was organised in Germany. the US quite rightly sees that international flights into the US that are not subjected to their security measures are the gravest cause for concern.

You call it a handful of bullets, but with the right preparation these can kill, it doesn't take much to set them off either, and quite accurately too.
but it doesnt present the american homeland security system as a failing, falliable mess.
maljosh
Report 16 years ago
vienna95, i'm not a communist, in fact i always wanted Russia to be an Empire. I never liked the idea of killing the tsar (king) and the stuff communists introduced. But after 2nd world war communism was very influential, they only made a few mistakes...and the whole world was afraid of communism taking over other countries.. and nobody helped Russia out, that's why russian economy sux, who did all that? Americans! They didn't do much fighting in the 2nd world war, and their economy was strong, they were supposed to help those countries who did most fighting in the war, they never did, in fact they started all the bad stuff against Russia, that's why cold war started... ya, Russia sucked that time, they were a bit stupid not to cooperate with US, but why should they? When they were the country who lost most lives during the war...and now USA acts as if they were the strongest country all time, they have no history, but the act as they do. I bet they think they won the second world war. They never did... i think they should be a bit more caution with their politics...

I didn't say i hate everything about america.. i reckon it's quite a good country to live in, i only think some of their politics are to agressive.. they are playing very dangerous game. And you sound if you were 100% sure on everything, don't be, that's the problem with big-heads.

You know there is a theory about every powerfull nation falling in time.. not sure how it's called... i studied that at school, when i was a kid, lol. There are lots of examples like Babilon,Egypt, Roman Empire etc etc...so i guess US is in the same situation now..it's just the matter of time... how about a bet? i'd say in less than 10 years US economy will crash...
Danithestudent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
he is spending over 30billion on AIDS in Africa alone.
I am not usually the one to pick at stuff like this but erm they have patented it all, are giving them a certain amount, then not letting them produce it cheaper so they'll have to buy it from America at gigantic prices after all the 30 bill aid has run out
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I didn't say i hate everything about america.. i reckon it's quite a good country to live in, i only think some of their politics are to agressive.. they are playing very dangerous game. And you sound if you were 100% sure on everything, don't be, that's the problem with big-heads.

You know there is a theory about every powerfull nation falling in time.. not sure how it's called... i studied that at school, when i was a kid, lol. There are lots of examples like Babilon,Egypt, Roman Empire etc etc...so i guess US is in the same situation now..it's just the matter of time... how about a bet? i'd say in less than 10 years US economy will crash...
it is impossible to say what will happen. most things come to an end, like most great powers have. what i disagree with you about, is the manner of that ending. you seem to think that it will be in the form of direct revenge, some kind of 'attack' in the near future, and not the natural course of economics and societal power that have made and broken powers over centuries. and i would modify your bet to, in the next 10years the US is still a global power. and it will be...that is not a big head, that is common sense.
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
"i'm not a communist, in fact i always wanted Russia to be an Empire"

Here's news for you. Russia, or at least the USSR WAS an Empire. Didn't it comprise of 22 Soviet States plus a number of satelites, like Romania, East Germany, Hungary etc? That's not an Empire?

"But after 2nd world war communism was very influential, they only made a few mistakes......."

Erm......like sending millions of people to forced labor camps in Siberia you mean, like rolling tanks into Hungary to crush the velvet revolution?"

"..... and nobody helped Russia out, that's why russian economy sux, who did all that? Americans!"

No, the USSR's economy was crap because it was based on a centralized command economy. I remember myself visiting Moscow and St.Petersburgh (or Leningrad as it was then) and being continually approached for a pair of Levi's and watching people line up for a loaf of bread (unless you were a communist party member in which case lining up was not a requirement)

The post Soviet economy was crap because Yeltsin didn't have the balls (and was too drunk) to stop the old communist elite from asset stripping the machines of wealth creation and the rise of the Russian mafia.

."..........and their economy was strong, they were supposed to help those countries who did most fighting in the war, they never did, in fact they started all the bad stuff against Russia, that's why cold war started... ya, Russia sucked that time, they were a bit stupid not to cooperate with US, but why should they?"

I think you'll find the US did a lot to help countries after WWII. What about the Marshall plan? The USSR didn't receive any help because they were pursuing their own communist agenda and Stalin was busy executing everybody.

.............and now USA acts as if they were the strongest country all time, they have no history, but the act as they do.

Actually, American history is quite rich, considering there's only a couple hundred years of it.

I didn't say i hate everything about america.. i reckon it's quite a good country to live in.......

Yes, and I know a lot of Russians who live here (mostly mafia) who'd agree with you.

" You know there is a theory about every powerfull nation falling in time.. not sure how it's called... i studied that at school, when i was a kid, lol. There are lots of examples like Babilon,Egypt, Roman Empire etc etc...so i guess US is in the same situation now..it's just the matter of time... how about a bet? i'd say in less than 10 years US economy will crash..."

I'd agree that all Empires fall, but I think the ten year lifespan you predict for the US is a bit pessimistic.
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I think that was the most left wing statement I have ever made....

Oh oh and a personal favourite

"I loved visiting Latin America, I just wish I'd learnt latin before I went"
Dan Quayle hahahaahahahah
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Howard)
Yes, and I know a lot of Russians who live here (mostly mafia) who'd agree with you.

I'd agree that all Empires fall, but I think the ten year lifespan you predict for the US is a bit pessimistic.
1) You know the Russian mafia?

2) I predict 50-100 years.
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 2776)
1) You know the Russian mafia?

2) I predict 50-100 years.
Well, if you go to Miami it's difficult to stumble accross a Russian who isn't in some way connected, albeit mostly at a low level.

My missus is Polish so I hang out with a lot of central and eastern Europeans. You'd be surprised at some of their pasts!
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
There is this guy in my French class that is Russian and I reckon his dad is in the mafia
He lives in Finland and his dad bought him a house to go to college here for two years, with an indoor pool and tennis courts.
With a maid
and when he wears polo necks, you can see his vest *giggle*
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Danithestudent)
I am not usually the one to pick at stuff like this but erm they have patented it all, are giving them a certain amount, then not letting them produce it cheaper so they'll have to buy it from America at gigantic prices after all the 30 bill aid has run out
a) who needs it?
b) who is giving it?
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Danithestudent)
You're seriously not suggesting that were it not for the evil American drug coroprations the Central African Republic's vibrant research and development programs would be developing and producing competitively priced, and safe drugs for the world market are you?
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I dont agree with spending tha much at this current moment in time but...

At some point in the distant future humans will have to think very serious about space exploration. There will come a time when we will have to leave Earth or become extinct. Its that simple and thats proven scientific fact.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (385)
67.07%
No (189)
32.93%

Watched Threads