The Student Room Group

Help! Need to phone a uni to tell em I cant be assed going

Sheffield university phoned my mum up yesterday and left a message saying they want me to phone back to tell em if I gonna come to there open day.

I have no intention of going to this university and on the ucas site it says they have given me a conditional offer so I need to phone up and say I dont wanna go to any of there 3 open days but I dont wanna piss em off so they take away my offer becuase I will prob be using them as my second choice so whats a good way of telling em I cant be assed?
There isn't one

unless you can convince them that you've visited the university before and really can't afford the time/money involved with the open days (course they might call your bluff and offer your travelling expenses for a day that suits you).

But it's quite foolish to be considering putting a university as your insurance without even visiting...if you have no intention of going does that mean if you miss your firm offer you'll be reapplying next year rather than going to sheffield or just that you are 100% confident of meeting your firm offer?
Reply 2
Yea I'll easy get the grades for my first choice, I hope lol. Ok i'll stop being a wanker and visit them, thanks for your reply

Also heriot watt, birmingham and nottingham have all sent me letters asking for interviews before talking about offers, sending letters back saying I dont wanna come to there interview, this = auto rejection yea? (dont give a crap about them anyway)
In that case why worry about offending them...if you don't feel you need an insurance you don't *have* to have one - why waste your time and sheffields time for no real reason?
Reply 4
I'll buy myself some time I think I'll tell em I will go on 2nd of march, ages off then i'll see what I think then
Reply 5
Phone them up and tell them that you feel that you're already well 'aquainted' with the uni and you don't feel you can justify some time off school to visit again. I did that with Reading uni - they wanted me to go for an open day and short interview, but seeing as its my home town, and i had been to the uni countless times, and i had no intention of going there, i wrote a very polite and apologetic letter to them saying that i didn't feel it necessary to visit again - already know the uni and department, would be in the middle of exams blah blah but thankyou very much anyway. They still gave me a BCC offer after that though (though i reckon if i'd have gone i would have got maybe CCC but it would have made no difference to my choices anyway).
Reply 6
mrmarsupial
on the ucas site it says they have given me a conditional offer so I need to phone up and say I dont wanna go to any of there 3 open days but I dont wanna piss em off so they take away my offer becuase I will prob be using them as my second choice so whats a good way of telling em I cant be assed?

if they've given you an offer through UCAS, then they can't revoke it. They can't force you to commit to an open day - unless it is a condition of the offer?!

Personally I'd go for the easiest way and just ignore it, and if they call back play stupid and say you didn't get the message :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending