The Student Room Group

How many motorbike lessons are needed for test?

Right. I've got a full UK car licence but decided to get a motorbike licence aswell because they are way cheaper than cars generally. 1. I'm just wondering how many lessons I'll need after the CBT course in order to be able to pass the test. 2. I also want to know how much a lesson is and approximately how much cheaper it is if you use your own bike. Atm with the all the costs of getting a full UK motorcycle licence, I feel as though it would be much less hassle to just ride my 125 on a CBT and retake the CBT every 2 years. ;S Thanks people.

CT: How to find cheap motorbike insurance for young riders
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 1
Farrboy
Right. I've got a full UK car licence but decided to get a motorbike licence aswell because they are way cheaper than cars generally. 1. I'm just wondering how many lessons I'll need after the CBT course in order to be able to pass the test. 2. I also want to know how much a lesson is and approximately how much cheaper it is if you use your own bike. Atm with the all the costs of getting a full UK motorcycle licence, I feel as though it would be much less hassle to just ride my 125 on a CBT and retake the CBT every 2 years. ;S Thanks people.

Thats exactly what I'm doing, riding my 125 on CBT is fine for town and city running around...

Only do the test if you plan on getting a bigger bike, need to carry pillions or need to use the motorway (not too advisable on a 125 lol).

BTW what bike do you have... minds a honda CBF 125 :smile:
Reply 2
Courses are about £500 without CBT, or £600 if you need a CBT.

This includes the cost of your 2 tests, 4 days tuition, and use of their bikes.

CBT is fine if you just want to be in town. Go outside town and you'll really appreciate the power of a bigger bike. Also with a CBT you cant take passengers or go on motorways.
Reply 3
Riderz
Courses are about £500 without CBT, or £600 if you need a CBT.

This includes the cost of your 2 tests, 4 days tuition, and use of their bikes.

CBT is fine if you just want to be in town. Go outside town and you'll really appreciate the power of a bigger bike. Also with a CBT you cant take passengers or go on motorways.

I only had 1 day tuition before my main test. Passed with 5 minors :p:

I agree though, you need more than a 125 for comfortable motorway use, a 125 would struggle too much.
vmattei1989
I only had 1 day tuition before my main test. Passed with 5 minors :p:

I agree though, you need more than a 125 for comfortable motorway use, a 125 would struggle too much.

If you're doing an intensive course and gone from never being on a bike to full test in a week, 4 days provides you with the experience

If you are going to be usingthe bike to commute for the next ten years, then its going to cost you minimum £500 over that time
(edited 13 years ago)