This discussion is closed.
Lisx
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
do you have any advice on how to secure work experience?

I need work experience in animal related fields.

Is it best to write a million letters and send them to every organisation like vets/farms/shelters/stables etc etc??

Thankyou xxx
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Lisx)

Is it best to write a million letters and send them to every organisation like vets/farms/shelters/stables etc etc??

Thankyou xxx
Easier and quicker to phone places up...pick a time when it's not likely to be busy (ie not first thing in the morning, lunch time or just before 5) and ask whether they would consider taking you on - if they're not really negative offer to bring your cv in in person.

Even the largest organisations usually make contact with work experience and job applicants over the phone.
The_Barman
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Lisx)

Thankyou xxx

I agree with pencil queen. If ya wanna secure work experiance...letters is not the best way to go. I wouldn't advise phoning to start with though. I would suggest that you set up a 5/10 meeting with whoeva would be employing you and talk to them face2face. Let them know how keen and willing you are. After that you should know where you stand!

Thats what worked for me!!
Lisx
(Original post by The_Barman)

I agree with pencil queen. If ya wanna secure work experiance...letters is not the best way to go. I wouldn't advise phoning to start with though. I would suggest that you set up a 5/10 meeting with whoeva would be employing you and talk to them face2face. Let them know how keen and willing you are. After that you should know where you stand!

Thats what worked for me!!

Thankyou! what is a 5/10 meeting?

I'm currently writing down all my possibilities and contact details, xxx
Lisx
*up*
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Lisx)
*up*
Up mine? No, up yours!
Lisx
(Original post by Bhaal85)
Up mine? No, up yours!
Lol!!! xxx
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (532)
66.67%
No (266)
33.33%

Watched Threads