The Student Room Group
Lisx
do you have any advice on how to secure work experience?

I need work experience in animal related fields.

Is it best to write a million letters and send them to every organisation like vets/farms/shelters/stables etc etc??

Thankyou xxx

Easier and quicker to phone places up...pick a time when it's not likely to be busy (ie not first thing in the morning, lunch time or just before 5) and ask whether they would consider taking you on - if they're not really negative offer to bring your cv in in person.

Even the largest organisations usually make contact with work experience and job applicants over the phone.
Reply 2
Lisx
do you have any advice on how to secure work experience?

I need work experience in animal related fields.

Is it best to write a million letters and send them to every organisation like vets/farms/shelters/stables etc etc??

Thankyou xxx

I agree with pencil queen. If ya wanna secure work experiance...letters is not the best way to go. I wouldn't advise phoning to start with though. I would suggest that you set up a 5/10 meeting with whoeva would be employing you and talk to them face2face. Let them know how keen and willing you are. After that you should know where you stand!

Thats what worked for me!!
Reply 3
The_Barman

I agree with pencil queen. If ya wanna secure work experiance...letters is not the best way to go. I wouldn't advise phoning to start with though. I would suggest that you set up a 5/10 meeting with whoeva would be employing you and talk to them face2face. Let them know how keen and willing you are. After that you should know where you stand!

Thats what worked for me!!

Thankyou! what is a 5/10 meeting?

I'm currently writing down all my possibilities and contact details, xxx
Reply 4
*up*
Reply 5
Lisx
*up*

Up mine? No, up yours! :tongue:
Reply 6
Bhaal85
Up mine? No, up yours! :tongue: