So What about Brunel and who's thinking of going? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Kathryn2021
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I'm interested to know this as i'm currently at the uni and i was wondering what impressions you had about it or whether you had any question which i can answer.
Kathryn2021
personally i would say to people.. don't go to Brunel.. it may have a good reputation in some areas such as engineering, sport and a very good social science department.. but it really has a dodgy attitude to it's students. It doesn't invest in entertainment.. the campus is horrible.. and the facilities compared to other uni's i've seen to be fair are rubbish (know this causei live with it)..

anyone else feel like having a good ol' slate
kita
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Kathryn2021)
personally i would say to people.. don't go to Brunel.. it may have a good reputation in some areas such as engineering, sport and a very good social science department.. but it really has a dodgy attitude to it's students. It doesn't invest in entertainment.. the campus is horrible.. and the facilities compared to other uni's i've seen to be fair are rubbish (know this causei live with it)..

anyone else feel like having a good ol' slate
Ok im glad i read this...i was thinking of going there, i had an offer from them. Is it really that bad then?!
apple peel
Report 16 years ago
ya i've got an offer from them too... for psychology...
whats the uni's reputation like for this subject??
Kathryn2021
(Original post by apple peel)
ya i've got an offer from them too... for psychology...
whats the uni's reputation like for this subject??

I actually study in the Human sciences department.. and i've done a couple of the modules for psychology. The department has an excellent reputation and psychology also has a 4 rating for research. Although be warned the department is strict about deadlines etc. it can be hard to get extensions at the last minute.

Generally speaking the people on campus are very nice. There are a lot of improvements being made to the site at the moment, including an extension to the library. However the computer system is not fantastic and doesn't really compare to other uni's.

Also as far as halls are concerned try to avoid Clifton. It's beena couple of years since i lived in halls and i think they have revamped Clifton now, but i was the nastiest when i was in Halls and isn't en-suite.

Standard rooms at Brunel are nice and big.. and there's a good atmosphere on the floors, some of my best friends lived in the same block as me.

Please visit brunel though before you decide, it's either for you or not.
lalla
Report 16 years ago
hi
i have applied at brunel at uxb and was thinking to do buiness management and accountin i heard brunel is quite good . but wats better brunel or kingston
Mark_KK
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Kathryn2021)
I'm interested to know this as i'm currently at the uni and i was wondering what impressions you had about it or whether you had any question which i can answer.
I have a friend there (considerably older) who is doing a P.H.D. and teaching part time. He says that it has some good departments but overall he would not have considered it for undergraduate. Its ok, but its not great.
apple peel
Report 16 years ago
ya, i've actually near enough 99% gone off the idea of going to Brunel... i've heard very mixed reviews about it.. mainly negative i have to say.. so maybe Brunel isn't the place for me.. think i may of wasted a UCAS application place by applying to Brunel.. nevermind eh..
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (153)
60.96%
Yes- I don't like it (11)
4.38%
No- I want it (70)
27.89%
No- I don't want it (17)
6.77%

Watched Threads