Selwyn Watch

This discussion is closed.
yeahyeah
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Just wonderin if anyone on this board goes, or is planning to go to Selwyn in 2004? Would be interested to hear ppls opinions on the college... what's good, what's bad. I've got a place (grades permitting) for 2004 and just wanted to start to hear what's it's all about!
butterflew
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by yeahyeah)
Just wonderin if anyone on this board goes, or is planning to go to Selwyn in 2004? Would be interested to hear ppls opinions on the college... what's good, what's bad. I've got a place (grades permitting) for 2004 and just wanted to start to hear what's it's all about!
which subject are you goin 2 read?
yeahyeah
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Philosophy. What subject are you reading?
Suzy_vet
Report 15 years ago
I have a friend whos got in to study medicine. I also know someone who studies natsci there. he says its very friendly and fairly laid back (for cambridge).
gapperslacker
Report 15 years ago
Selwyn is fab. I've got quite a few friends there and it's got a nice relaxed feel. It's really pretty and not too far out of town. also there are plenty of colleges around grange road so socially it's pretty good. It may be a suburban "minor" college as some ppl call it but imo it's a pretty decent college. gd luck!
happysunshine
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
That college sounds like Slytherin... or maybe it's just me - irrelevent.
as1
Report 15 years ago
Hey,

I'm reading Philosophy at Selwyn in 2004 also! I previously got into Caius and didn't get my grades so got rejected and was a little worried because I know that Caius has a great reputation and does very well, but I knew very little about Selwyn. I know it's viewed as quite minor. Still, it looks great and I'm just happy to be reading the subject I want at Cambridge.

It's good to hear that its a nice and social college.

AS
pleb
Report 15 years ago
Selwyn is mega-cool, although I'm one of those "so close to getting an offer" after being put in the pool candidates. It is definately a good choice!

My Oxbridge experience over the past 2 years is one long tail of near-misses and utter folly spanning Oxford and Cambridge... But I still don't regret applying to Selwyn this year (despite the fact that I should blatantly have followed my initial feelings and applied to st. John's!) so all is good.
butterflew
Report 15 years ago
o no, i'm not there- just wondering if i'd met you at interviews! well done btw!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1384)
79.54%
Leave (356)
20.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise