This discussion is closed.
leedschick
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Hi, i'm in need of help, i'm doing my coursework and the last question has really threw me. Can you help?

Normalise the database from the potential set of attributes therefore confirming the entity-relationship diagram.

thanks, leedschick

how do i do the diagram
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by leedschick)
Hi, i'm in need of help, i'm doing my coursework and the last question has really threw me. Can you help?

Normalise the database from the potential set of attributes therefore confirming the entity-relationship diagram.

thanks, leedschick
Well you should therefore be given a list of attributes that go into the database that the entity-relationship diagram depicts, right?

Well simply, you go through the attributes in their original form (which should be some sort of un-normalised unrelational database layout), and go through the normalisation process, with the three stages, where you remove part dependent keys and stuff (not a very accurate description i know, but surely you know about normalisation if your doing work about it).
bond2004
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
Try using the analysing tools in access
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (216)
67.92%
No (102)
32.08%

Watched Threads