The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

i remember on one of the original ones the netherlands had all their players called "oranges 094" "oranges 056" :biggrin:

yeah, that's my only contribution.
Reply 2
Money, or to be precise a lack of it. EA buy the rights from the leagues as a whole, part of their agreement is presumably exclusivity, so the league can't sell the rights again, therefore PES have to go to each club individually, some they agree terms with, others they don't.
Reply 3
Is FIFA as good as PES these days, out of interest? Back in the day PES always used to be better but FIFA had all the leagues and teams.
Reply 4
Yeah, gameplay is all that matters, but there's that part of you that really ******* wished pes had the official licences. The irony is that the game that has the licences will sacrifice gameplay, but that's business.
Reply 5
Personally i prefer fifa gameplay pes always seemed to arcadey and overly fast to me.

And yes the ******* lack of license completely killed the game for me.
Reply 6
it varies. pes 6 and 08 i think were better than the fifa versions, but since then, fifa got better. Now, pes is still very fast, arcadey and simple, and fifa is slower and more realistic in my opinion. Sorry for helping the threadjack, but I think the OP is answered now.
Reply 7
I played PES 09 the other day, really don't get the deal. Maybe I am used to fifa but it just seemed like the biggest pile of **** game.
And it doesn't have licences because it is a **** game, OP.
Reply 8
PES always felt a little bit cheap and shoddy compared to FIFA for me.
Reply 9
Back in the days of PES 5 i was wondering the same thing, fifa 06 had all the club teams licensed and the gameplay was awful. Maybe it's because fifa has been around longer than PES.
Reply 10
Arekkusu
Is FIFA as good as PES these days, out of interest? Back in the day PES always used to be better but FIFA had all the leagues and teams.

For now, Fifa is the ruling game.
Dnator
I played PES 09 the other day, really don't get the deal. Maybe I am used to fifa but it just seemed like the biggest pile of **** game.
And it doesn't have licences because it is a **** game, OP.

PES 2010 is much better, 2009 was definitely the worst of the series. Although any prior to it now feel weirdly dated in comparison to say, Fifa 10. It'll be interesting to see which '11 game is better.
dunno, I preffered PES to FIFA on PS2 (earlier games), but more reccentley, FIFA has been much better than PES on the HD consoles IMO, the Wii version of PES kicks the Wii version of FIFA's arse though
Who wouldn't want to play as 'Noth London BLUE!'? :biggrin:
Reply 14
If you play on PS3 you can download packs that give you authentic kits and player names, and most importantly, actually include the German league.
Having played both PES and FiFA I can say that FIFA is waaay better.
DId you see Become a goalkeeper in 2011?
The only thing I hate about fifa is that they are always trying to sell you their online crap...
Reply 16
From what ive seen of the new PES it looks really good but I think ive said that about all of them which have been ****.
It doesnt matter anyway because the demos for FIFA and PES are out today!

Oh but in reply to the thread, I dont know why, I guess they dont get asked. Its only the English teams if I remember rightly? But a lot of people release patches/option files where theyve edited the kit and stuff, its still annoying though.
Platini says he prefers Fifa to Pes so he wouldn't allow PES to have the image rights.
PES is a peice of shhite
Reply 19
FIFA is football simulation. PES is just arcade football.As a football fan Fifa has got the overall game experience nailed alot better in my opinion.

Latest