Today I got a letter... Watch

This discussion is closed.
covered farm wagon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
and this letter said that the inter-collegiate pool is now closed and sadly no college wanted me.

I will not reapply because i am looking forward to uni too much and if I wait another year I'll be a mature student and that sounds far too scary. Perhaps if I fancy postgrad studies I will apply, but that's ages away. So this is a romantic goodbye from me because I will feel silly using a board which is no longer relevant.

See you on the University board instead!

And I suppose I'll wish everyone well who got an offer, 'cos I'm nice like that. Use it wisely!

Lots of love
Emma
xxx
aliel
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by covered farm wa)
and this letter said that the inter-collegiate pool is now closed and sadly no college wanted me.

I will not reapply because i am looking forward to uni too much and if I wait another year I'll be a mature student and that sounds far too scary. Perhaps if I fancy postgrad studies I will apply, but that's ages away. So this is a romantic goodbye from me because I will feel silly using a board which is no longer relevant.

See you on the University board instead!

And I suppose I'll wish everyone well who got an offer, 'cos I'm nice like that. Use it wisely!

Lots of love
Emma
xxx

Bye bye Emma! See you on the uni board. What uni will be graced with your presence then?
covered farm wagon
Rep:
?
(yes, I know I said I was going but I wanted to see if anyone had replied)

I don't know, I've got offers everywhere else I applied to (I'm allowed to boast because Cambridge were mean) so I'm deliberating between Durham, Warwick and Nottingham. Durham is pretty and lovely and has a good department. Warwick isn't pretty but has a fantastic department. Nottingham is quite pretty, has a fairly good department, but does have really exciting-looking optional modules.

You pick for me.

Love Emma
xxx
Kirki
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I just got my letter too At least all the waiting is over, though! I really don't think I could do this again next year, it's just so stressful! No reapplying for me, then.
covered farm wagon
Rep:
?
No, if I didn't get in next year after re-applying I would be really annoyed, what a waste of a year. Let's go elsewhere and be happy.
Nima
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by covered farm wa)
No, if I didn't get in next year after re-applying I would be really annoyed, what a waste of a year. Let's go elsewhere and be happy.
its all a question of how much u want ur goals, and infact what they are.

if you really want oxbridge badly, and thats ur aim, then i hope u go for it.

but if you just want to be successful adn happy and are not that bothered about bein at oxbridge, then yes, going to another good university may be the option for you.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (484)
80.13%
Leave (120)
19.87%

Watched Threads