This discussion is closed.
Agrippina
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by superior)
what do u belive in jesus ?? God or human (prophet).
Does anyone here believe every word of the Bible???? I know someone who does. Isn't it just the most embarrassing and annoying thing when other people preach their religious views to you? Has anyone ever had that happen to them? I have, by the most arrogant, self-righteous so-and-so I ever met. Can you believe, he says in all seriousness that everyone else is lying and his ideas are "correct". Is it just me, or does this guy need some serious therapy? Not to mention he needs his ego bringing down a few notches. *getting more and more angry*
EI_123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Eeyore)
Does anyone here believe every word of the Bible???? I know someone who does. Isn't it just the most embarrassing and annoying thing when other people preach their religious views to you? Has anyone ever had that happen to them? I have, by the most arrogant, self-righteous so-and-so I ever met. Can you believe, he says in all seriousness that everyone else is lying and his ideas are "correct". Is it just me, or does this guy need some serious therapy? Not to mention he needs his ego bringing down a few notches. *getting more and more angry*
Tell him to read 'Genealogy of Morals' by Friedrich Nietzsche.
Page 3
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by superior)
what do u belive in jesus ?? God or human (prophet).

Jesus isn't a God. He is the son of God. Everyone knows that.
Agrippina
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Eternal Idol)
Tell him to read 'Genealogy of Morals' by Friedrich Nietzsche.
What's that about?
Agrippina
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
What's that about?
Well obviously morals....!
Page 3
Report 16 years ago
What's that about?
Nietzsche declared God to be dead.
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
What's that about?
Ethics, modern moral, guilt, ascetic ideals, a lot of subjects
Agrippina
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Page 3)
Nietzsche declared God to be dead.
Hmmmm interesting... on what grounds? My (ex)friend would say he was lying. For sure.
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Hmmmm interesting... on what grounds? My (ex)friend would say he was lying. For sure.
The will of power, I don't think your ex friend could argue with Nieztsche, even if he knew german hehe.
Agrippina
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
The will of power, I don't think your ex friend could argue with Nieztsche, even if he knew german hehe.
Believe me my ex friend would argue against anything that didn't fit in with his cosy, black-and-white, if-it-says-it-in-the-Bible-it's-true ideas. He says all religions other than Christianity are "pathetic". His dismissive views just piss me off so much... he ruined our friendship because he said my views are "lying" etc. *bursts into tears*
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Believe me my ex friend would argue against anything that didn't fit in with his cosy, black-and-white, if-it-says-it-in-the-Bible-it's-true ideas. He says all religions other than Christianity are "pathetic". His dismissive views just piss me off so much... he ruined our friendship because he said my views are "lying" etc. *bursts into tears*
Nietzsche would prove him that he's indeed the pathetic one but I don't know if he would tell the truth about it.
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I dont understand why people bother to respond to religious threads. We live in a multi-cultural society where many people are brought up on different religions with different views, therefore it is unfeasible to suggest who is the one true God, or whether Jesus is a God, etc. All we can do is respect each others views and customs.
Agrippina
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Bhaal85)
I dont understand why people bother to respond to religious threads. We live in a multi-cultural society where many people are brought up on different religions with different views, therefore it is unfeasible to suggest who is the one true God, or whether Jesus is a God, etc. All we can do is respect each others views and customs.
As my exfriend proves, it's not as simple as that. He has ZERO respect for the views of others. Thankfully tho I think he's in a minority, but it's awful when you do bump into someone like that. Especially when as a friend you think they respect your views. GRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
As my exfriend proves, it's not as simple as that. He has ZERO respect for the views of others. Thankfully tho I think he's in a minority, but it's awful when you do bump into someone like that. Especially when as a friend you think they respect your views. GRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
What I really despise is when people try and impose their views upon you.
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
The world would be a better place without religions, just a fact.
Agrippina
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Bhaal85)
What I really despise is when people try and impose their views upon you.
Absolutely, I know exactly where you're coming from!!!! He tried to convert me!!! He said I'd go to Hell! He said my life was meaningless because I don't worship Jesus!!! Can you believe anyone could be so conceited?!!! And I thought he was my friend!!!!!! :eek:
Agrippina
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
The world would be a better place without religions, just a fact.
I so agree. I've got to go now but I will be back, finally someone who listens to my religious opinions!!!!
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I so agree. I've got to go now but I will be back, finally someone who listens to my religious opinions!!!!
Hehehe, no problem, I would love a world where everyone has his faith, the same that others or unique one and everyone understand his right.
But, actually, in this world, religions tend to start wars and spread hate.

See you later.
iiikewldude
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
jesus was a pervert and he liked little boys
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by iiikewldude)
jesus was a pervert and he liked little boys
Can you prove it?...
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (476)
66.48%
No (240)
33.52%

Watched Threads