This discussion is closed.
Sire
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Bigcnee)
I don't mean this offensively, because I respect you;

I think you should get educated on the matter.
No offense taken. Though I am educated on the matter. Just thought I'd throw that in to allow people a broader thought pattern. It seemed like a good idea at the time. Though I'm curious. What specifically did you wish me to 'get educated' on?
Joey_Johns
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Speciez99)
you are obviously arent christians and have virtually no understanding of christainity as the reason there are differences between the old testement and the new is because of jesus.

before you all start on me i would just like to point out that i am an athiest.

I am infact a Roman Catholic. I go to church on a Sunday. Like I said I went to the most famous Roman Catholic school in the country.

I'm not desputing they were written becuase of Jesus. They were. My point was that they were written by people who did not know Jesus. Infact written many decades (around 70 yrs if i'm not mistaken) after Jesus died. Paul who did know Jesus had his writings disregarded by the gospel writers (Mark is closest to the Pauline Gospel but still far away).

What you are trying to tell me is that when you die, someone many decades later will know more about you than your family/friends did. I dont think so.
Eggy Hog
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Joey_Johns)
Like I said I went to the most famous Roman Catholic school in the country.
Which school's that then?
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
What you are trying to tell me is that when you die, someone many decades later will know more about you than your family/friends did. I dont think so.
Why not? It does seem to be the way of the world at times. Yet what you have to ask yourself is just how much is 'made up' and how much is actually factual?
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Eggy Hog)
Which school's that then?
I do not believe that makes any difference to my comments. But if you must know, Stonyhurst College.
Eggy Hog
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I do not believe that makes any difference to my comments. But if you must know, Stonyhurst College.
Just before I return to the thread, is your view of Stonyhurst an accepted view or your own personal view?
_EMMA_
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Bhaal85)
I dont understand why people bother to respond to religious threads. We live in a multi-cultural society where many people are brought up on different religions with different views, therefore it is unfeasible to suggest who is the one true God, or whether Jesus is a God, etc. All we can do is respect each others views and customs.
well said, it can never be one answer to questions like these
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
Why not? It does seem to be the way of the world at times. Yet what you have to ask yourself is just how much is 'made up' and how much is actually factual?
Lol. Indeed. A lot is true, i'm not disputing that, its just the way it is written and that the Pauline gospel, was blatently disregared by the gospel writers due to its factual evidence of Jesus. In a sense Jesus wasnt the perfect being he was made out to be. Sounds pretty much like the media today e.g. J.Wilkinson, when clearly he isnt the best rugby player on the planet.
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Righto, I've never actually heard of that, but I'll take your word for it. What I'd like to know is why you believe there is a God?
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Lol. Indeed. A lot is true, i'm not disputing that, its just the way it is written and that the Pauline gospel, was blatently disregared by the gospel writers due to its factual evidence of Jesus. In a sense Jesus wasnt the perfect being he was made out to be. Sounds pretty much like the media today e.g. J.Wilkinson, when clearly he isnt the best rugby player on the planet.
*chuckles* no he isn't the best rugby player on the planet, there are 15 aussies in the way before he gets that spot, however I do think you're right
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Just before I return to the thread, is your view of Stonyhurst an accepted view or your own personal view?
An accpeted one. Its not only the oldest in England, with the oldest prep school in the country it has 22 saints and martyrs as ex pupils and owns countless priceless relics etc.

What this has to do with my comments I dont know. I was just pointing out i'm well educated in the matter.
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
Love the little addition of athiesm. I do understand the difference between the old and new testament however, and I still maintain that it is all a form of propaganda. *shrugs* People have always been both cunning and stupid. The cunning prey on the stupid. Simple as that. If anyone disagrees, then please tell me why we buy knives off TV based on the fact that we can use a steak knife to saw through a hammer just because someone did it on TV.
I remarked so, because:

1) Propaganda is the wrong word to use, no matter what you mean.

2) The second part of your post seemed completely irrelevant, and looked as though it might be covering up for a lack in underlying knowledge.
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
Righto, I've never actually heard of that, but I'll take your word for it. What I'd like to know is why you believe there is a God?

I dont believe there is a god. I do believe in a lot of the catholic morals though. A lot dont apply to todays society but most can be applied well in my opinion. Whether there is a god or not doesnt matter to me.
Eggy Hog
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
An accpeted one. Its not only the oldest in England, with the oldest prep school in the country it has 22 saints and martyrs as ex pupils and owns countless priceless relics etc.

What this has to do with my comments I dont know. I was just pointing out i'm well educated in the matter.
I'm roman catholic as well. What about Ampelforth and Downside, are they any good?
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
*chuckles* no he isn't the best rugby player on the planet, there are 15 aussies in the way before he gets that spot, however I do think you're right

With respect, Andrew Johns is on another level, and thats coming from an Englishman. Australia would have won the world cup if they had paid big bucks to lure him from league, simple as.
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Bigcnee)
I remarked so, because:

1) Propaganda is the wrong word to use, no matter what you mean.

2) The second part of your post seemed completely irrelevant, and looked as though it might be covering up for a lack in underlying knowledge.
I see what you mean, though I will stick with propaganda, yet indeed in a rather vast or even vague relation to my point. Thankyou however, I do see what you mean about the possible lack of underlying knowledge. Shall try not to make that mistake again.
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I'm roman catholic as well. What about Ampelforth and Downside, are they any good?

Yes. Ampleforth and Downside are benedictine catholics whereas Stonyhurst is Jesuit though.
superior
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
and the question that no one EVER answer ..
even the most known religious people in christianity ..

is it written in the bible anything about jesus saying am god belive in me or at least am son of god or is it ever mentioned jesus is god ?????

ill tell u the answer :NO !!!

moreover, christians, do u know how many times TRINITY is mentioned in the bible ?????

none !!!
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by superior)

is it written in the bible anything about jesus saying am god belive in me or at least am son of god or is it ever mentioned jesus is god ?????

moreover, christians, do u know how many times TRINITY is mentioned in the bible ?????

none !!!
Wrong. tsk tsk. Well true if you count 'belive' as a word in the english language. However it is indeed written in the bible that Jesus stands before a man and says something along the lines of 'I'm the son of God etc, put your faith in me' Something like that anyway. I'm not about go go find a bible to look it up though.
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by superior)

none !!!
Yes, on two counts.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1384)
79.54%
Leave (356)
20.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed