This discussion is closed.
superior
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
i dont think so sire ..
jesus christ never said i'm god .. dont say things unless ur sure..

and u cant just tell me jesus said i'am god or something go look in the bible ull find it !!!!!!
Bigcnee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by superior)
i dont think so sire ..
jesus christ never said i'm god .. dont say things unless ur sure..

and u cant just tell me jesus said i'am god or something go look in the bible ull find it !!!!!!
"This is my Son, whom I love. Listen to him!"
Mark 9:7
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Bigcnee)
"This is my Son, whom I love. Listen to him!"
Mark 9:7
Not the one I was referring to, but thanks Bigcnee. As for you superior. You suggest I'd lie on a forum? Odd, very odd. I can't really see why anyone would bother with that. It is a forum after all. If you are by chance looking for an argument however, please look elsewhere. There is a part where the character Jesus states that he is the son of God, and instructs a man to put faith in/believe in him.
superior
Rep:
?
who said that to who and which occasion ..

maybe its a loving mother talking about her child !!!

bring me the whole verse or part .
superior
Rep:
?
ok got to go now ..
thanks alot ..
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by superior)
ok got to go now ..
thanks alot ..
Bloody hell. I wish I didn't have this constant desire to teach my fellow man. Look I've got to get ready for work in 10 minutes, but check your PMs in the next few days and I'll find it for you. It is there, as you'll find out in the next few days.
pedy1986
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
Righto, I've never actually heard of that, but I'll take your word for it. What I'd like to know is why you believe there is a God?
Now now sire, since when did reason and faith go hand in hand
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by corey)
Now now sire, since when did reason and faith go hand in hand
It all depends on your interpretation at the time. So to answer it could be always, or never. Again depending on your interpretation.
ThornsnRoses
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
There is only one true God/Goddess…neither male nor female, neither human nor spirit. He does not beget and neither is he begotten. No one is more powerful than IT. It is the supreme power. God/Goddess is something the human mind can’t comprehend…so why think about it?

Everything else about all those bull**** religious stories are made up…

All these religious people who claim to want to help you or who claim you don’t believe in religion because the Devil is in control of you…well wakey wakey. These ‘religious’ people have an agenda they want to fulfil. Nothing more, nothing less.

Everyone should believe what they want to believe.

"Religion is the sign of the oppressed creature, the feeling
of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of unspiritual conditions. It is the opium of the people.”
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ThornsnRoses)
There is only one true God/Goddess…neither male nor female, neither human nor spirit. He does not beget and neither is he begotten. No one is more powerful than IT. It is the supreme power. God/Goddess is something the human mind can’t comprehend…so why think about it?

Everything else about all those bull**** religious stories are made up…

All these religious people who claim to want to help you or who claim you don’t believe in religion because the Devil is in control of you…well wakey wakey. These ‘religious’ people have an agenda they want to fulfil. Nothing more, nothing less.

Everyone should believe what they want to believe.

"Religion is the sign of the oppressed creature, the feeling
of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of unspiritual conditions. It is the opium of the people.”
*chuckles* Tell me something. Why are Humans the first creatures to think of religion?
Darkness
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yet another thread concerning religion on this forum. Wow!

If their abundance has made one thing clear it is that there can never be a uniform agreement between humans of different background, knowledge, culture and wisdom pertaining to God on an Internet forum.

The most effective way of deciding what you believe is the Truth is to research it independently yourself with a clear mind and conscience. The first step is to decide whether there is a God at all. Look at arguments from both sides--the believers and the atheists. E.G. does science remove any validity to concept/reality of a God, or does it offer support? If, after this stage, you consider yourself to be an atheist then you are done. If not, then you move onto the subsequent stage and decide whether any of the three major (God-oriented) religions have anything to offer you--the one which agrees most closely with your own view of God will probably be the one which you decide you may want to follow. On the other hand, you may decide you believe in God but not in any religion.

The point is that acquiring or dismissing faith is a solo-effort, and one that must be undertaken at some stage--your decision could very well effect you for an eternity!!
hitchhiker_13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Matt the cat)
If he is the son of God does that make him a God?

Technically he's one third of God
hitchhiker_13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by hitchhiker_13)
Technically he's one third of God

Well, that's only in Christian faiths. In Islam of course, he's a prophet, just like Elijah etc., and therefore human.
101mphfastball
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Depends what you wanna believe doesnt it? If you wanna believe he is really Puppa Smurf or Santa Clause then he might as well be.

But if you believe the Bible to the the inerrant word of God then he's God.

However if you have Islamic beliefs he's just one of many prophets.

Maybe he's Puerto Ricon Ball player?
Perdurabo
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I think that perhaps he was a deeply profoundly wise man but nothing more.

He goes off into the desert a nobody for 40 days fasting, comes back a prophetic wonderboy.
Basically the same happened to Mohammed too.

I'm off to go live in the woods...
skelterer
Report 16 years ago
"wise man" ?? If you are a wise man, can you revive anybody?

The Bible says unambiguously - he was God's son.
(matt 3:17)
Meerkat
Report 16 years ago
Yes, I believe in Jesus. He is God. He is part of the Trinity- the Father, the Son (Jesus) and the Holy Spirit/Ghost.
Perdurabo
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by skelterer)
"wise man" ?? If you are a wise man, can you revive anybody?

The Bible says unambiguously - he was God's son.
(matt 3:17)
There are perfectly logical explanations of everthing that he does.
I do believe in God but i don't believe Jesus was any closer to God than we are or could be.

He was god's son. I agree.
No matter what our opinion of what god actually is, aren't we all his children?
skelterer
Report 16 years ago
Actually, you might also say "doesn't matter who is my father. And although i dont wanna know him, i am his son". Do you think this makes sense?!

And again - Jesus is NOT God. He's just his son. Just take a look in the Bible and you will see this in 2342424 places.

PS Please excuse my poor english - i am just russian
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by skelterer)
Actually, you might also say "doesn't matter who is my father. And although i dont wanna know him, i am his son". Do you think this makes sense?!

And again - Jesus is NOT God. He's just his son. Just take a look in the Bible and you will see this in 2342424 places.

PS Please excuse my poor english - i am just russian
I'm just wondering, are you catholic?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (216)
67.92%
No (102)
32.08%

Watched Threads