Is Jesus A God ??? Watch

This discussion is closed.
skelterer
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Eternal Idol)
I'm just wondering, are you catholic?
No i am not. . You should know better about the world... There are just 23,5 catholics in whole russia )
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by skelterer)
No i am not. . You should know better about the world... There are just 23,5 catholics in whole russia )
Why should I? Maybe that's why I've asked.
You should be Orthodox...

I really doubt that you know the half that I know.
skelterer
Report 15 years ago
Why should I? Maybe that's why I've asked.
You should be Orthodox...

I really doubt that you know the half that I know.
i said "you should" because your question was... mmm... strange, because neither my notice nor my location provokes to think i am catholic. If i was catholic, how could i say that Jesus was not God?

Ho-ho! Why do you think you know more than me? How old are you, baby? Only small silly boys say in such way...
Report 15 years ago
Jesus is not the son of God. This is beyond doubt. If you look at the earliest versions of the bible they do not in any way state or imply that Jesus was divine, but rather that he was the prophet of God. Does anyone deny that the bible has been corrupted? For this is fact.
I do not understand exactly the concept of trinity? If "Jesus is the son of God", then how is his status equal? Did God give birth to Himself? If Jesus was human does this not imply that God is human also? Mary was human, and the mother of Jesus. Why is Mary not regarded as Divine, nor her forefathers? Christians believe that Adam and Eve were the first humans, and that all humans afterwards are related and can be traced back to them. Therefore we are all related eventually to Jesus, should we all then not be regarded as Gods? In fact, the theory of evolution would suggest that we are related to many other animal lifeforms, should they not then also have the right to be regarded as Gods? If Jesus was crucified, is this not the same as saying God was crucified? Does this not sound absurd? For God to be crucified by his own creation?
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i said "you should" because your question was... mmm... strange, because neither my notice nor my location provokes to think i am catholic. If i was catholic, how could i say that Jesus was not God?

Ho-ho! Why do you think you know more than me? How old are you, baby? Only small silly boys say in such way...
First of all, you were talking about the bible, wich is a CHRISTIAN book.

Because you have no manners, I asked you gently and you answered like a pig.
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
And if you are so smart?
Why the fxxx are you asking my age?
You can see it ...
superior
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
LET ME TELL YOU THE WHOLE STORY :

muslims belive :
GOD created ADAM, from no father and no mother, EVA then was created from ADAM, so it could be like from father only and no mother.

they disobyed god once and ate from that tree so they were sent to earth to live there and interbreed instead of heavens they were in.

GOD FORGIVED them after they ask for forgiveness, god is the most merciful, he forgived them at once !

ADAM was like a prophet he teached his children and all human beings Eva gave birth to, to worship one and only one god ..

then many prohets had the same job exactly, all about teaching people that god is one belive in him, dont belive in any one else ..

MOSES said the same, god is one worship him i am only a prohpet.

JESUS was created he was a human being, ofcourse muslims dont deny his miracelous birth from his VIRGIN mother marry, he was created from mother and no father, something like adam or eva ..

he said worship god, god is one. people then tried to kill him, so god made a look-alike one who they killed thinking its him, NO jesus was raised and he is coming back just before the day of judgment ( but this is another story)

people then separated into three :
ones says- GOD WAS WTH US !
others say-SON OF GOD WAS WITH US !
and the others-PROPHET OF GOD WAS WITH US! --> which the muslims descend from

MOHAMED then was sent as the last prophet to all human kind not to say something new just to say what all past prophets had said before him : GOD IS ONE WORSHIP HIM !

i think now it makes sence, at least it makes scence to me !
skelterer
Report 15 years ago
And if you are so smart?
Why the fxxx are you asking my age?
You can see it ...
Ha! Look at him! "He asked gently" !! Do you think that saying "you know less than my ass knows" is gentle speaking?
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Ha! Look at him! "He asked gently" !! Do you think that saying "you know less than my ass knows" is gentle speaking?
"I'm just wondering, are you catholic?"
That was my first question, so shut up.
superior
Rep:
?
so jesus is not after that !!
hitchhiker_13
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by 786)
I do not understand exactly the concept of trinity? If "Jesus is the son of God", then how is his status equal? Did God give birth to Himself? If Jesus was human does this not imply that God is human also?
The trinity is a divine mystery so you're not supposed to understand it fully. Basically it says the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit are 3 parts of the one God. They are all equal, and Jesus is not God's son in the sense that He knocked up Jesus' mother.

Mary was human, and the mother of Jesus. Why is Mary not regarded as Divine, nor her forefathers? Christians believe that Adam and Eve were the first humans, and that all humans afterwards are related and can be traced back to them. Therefore we are all related eventually to Jesus, should we all then not be regarded as Gods?
Mary, in the Catholic Church at least, is seen as a divine figure- she is human but was conceived without sin (The Immaculate Conception) and was raised above other humans and is now in the Kingdom of God. The thing is, the Son of God existed before Mary gave birth to Jesus, this was just him taking human form for his particular mission. And by the way, most Christians do not believe in Adam and Eve, it is seen as an allegory.

If Jesus was crucified, is this not the same as saying God was crucified? Does this not sound absurd? For God to be crucified by his own creation?
Yes it is the same as saying that God was crucified. That is the point. Christians believe that Jesus died because God loved us so much. Jesus took on all our sins and died for us.
superior
Rep:
?
hitchhicker 13 !!
i think it doesnt make sense (at least to me) that jesus (GOD AS U SAID) killed/crucified himself for us ??
why would he do so ?????
whats the point ????

if i had a brother and he didnt listen to my father and he was bad to him then he asked his father to forgive him .. would the father ask me to kill myself so he forgive my brother ???? or would i kill myself for my brother to be forgiven ?????????????????????????????

no i would be maniac or my father would be !!!

and other thing if jesus did really crucified himself for our sins, so now iam forgiven yeah ???? thats what u said ..
so i can kill u and rape millions and then he he am forgiven !!!!!

please think !!
its all logic
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by superior)
hitch !!
i think it doesnt make sense (at least to me) that jesus (GOD AS U SAID) killed/crucified himself for us ??
why would he do so ?????
whats the point ????

if i had a brother and he didnt listen to my father and he was bad to him then he asked his father to forgive him .. would the father ask me to kill myself so he forgive my brother ???? or would i kill myself for my brother to be forgiven ?????????????????????????????

and other thing if jesus did really crucified himself for our sins, so now iam forgiven yeah ???? thats what u said ..

please think !!
its all logic
Logic is beyond any religion, if you follow logic you are atheist.
Besides that, religion doesn't make sense, it's a matter of faith ...
hitchhiker_13
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by superior)
hitchhicker 13 !!
why would he do so ?????
whats the point ????

please think !!
its all logic

Calm down, I'm just telling you what Catholics believe. Jesus, by becoming human and accepting the sins of humans, died so our sins would be forgiven. This does not mean we can do anything and be forgiven. His death meant we could have redemption and be in the Kingdom of God with him. Obviously we must still repent our sins.

He did this (say Christians) because it is the ultimate act of love, and God loves us. To use your analogy, it would be like you taking the blame for your brother's bad behaviour because you love him so much.

Please don't ask me to justify the Catholic churches position of offer proof when you know there isn't any. Basically, the Passion is about love.
I'm just telling you what the Church believes.
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by hitchhiker_13)
Calm down, I'm just telling you what Catholics believe. Jesus, by becoming human and accepting the sins of humans, died so our sins would be forgiven. This does not mean we can do anything and be forgiven. His death meant we could have redemption and be in the Kingdom of God with him. Obviously we must still repent our sins.

He did this (say Christians) because it is the ultimate act of love, and God loves us. To use your analogy, it would be like you taking the blame for your brother's bad behaviour because you love him so much.

Please don't ask me to justify the Catholic churches position of offer proof when you know there isn't any. Basically, the Passion is about love.
Does anyone actually manage to truly believe that though? Sure there is such a thing as hope, but do people really believe that?
superior
Rep:
?
(Original post by hitchhiker_13)

since your talking about someones idea in such details, so u must be sure of yours..
SO CAN I ASK YOU WHAT DO U THINK ABOUT IT YOURSELF ???
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
Does anyone actually manage to truly believe that though? Sure there is such a thing as hope, but do people really believe that?
I'm atheist, but, yes.
I've attended to a Catholic school in primary school and there were a lot of priests that believed that.
Eggy Hog
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
The thousands of priests, monks and nuns around the world who have offered their life to the Lord. As well as most churchgoers.
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Eggy Hog)
The thousands of priests, monks and nuns around the world who have offered their life to the Lord. As well as most churchgoers.
Well like Eternal Idol, I too attended Catholic school despite being Anglican. While I only got the chance to ask 3 priests, they all told me something along the lines of 'no son, but we are here to help people all the same'. Thus I'm just wondering if people truly, I mean truly believe all that rubbish. *shrugs* Just asking.
superior
Rep:
?
(Original post by Eggy Hog)

GOD DIDNT CREATE US TO KILL OURSELF FOR HIM ..
the only thing he will like is to kill yourself for fighting for your rights or for to rise your religion or if someone took ur country ..
exactly what is happening now in palastine ..
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1618)
79.12%
Leave (427)
20.88%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise