Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    so after embarking on a new diet on monday and keeping a food diary i have noticed something annoying... i'm really hungry!!
    but the thing is, even though i am eating less, its not THAT little and i see no reason for me to be hungry!! i have had about 1400 cals a day.
    here's what i've eaten today:

BREK: porridge
    SNACK: 3 satsumas
    LUNCH: cheese and salad sandwich
    SNACK: 2 frubes (not long ago when i got home...)

food diary app says thats 900 cals.

and yet my tummy is rumbling so bad but i'm trying to hold off dinner for a while cos its still quite early... (so i dont snack later right )

anyways, any suggestions?? also, what should i have for dinner

ReputationRep:
    ANSWER HOS please

ReputationRep:
    Stop. Dieting.

ReputationRep:
    a couple of glasses of water and you feel bloaty, ie less full!

just make sure you don't eat so little you faint!

ReputationRep:
    Lol 2 frubes, are you a kid? You need to eat more.

Maybe a slice of bread?

ReputationRep:
    Erm eat what you want and then burn of calories? I did that and lost half a stone in a week.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Drinking something sometimes works.
    And bread with no butter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by issih)
    so after embarking on a new diet on monday and keeping a food diary i have noticed something annoying... i'm really hungry!!
    but the thing is, even though i am eating less, its not THAT little and i see no reason for me to be hungry!! i have had about 1400 cals a day.

and yet my tummy is rumbling so bad but i'm trying to hold off dinner for a while cos its still quite early... (so i dont snack later right )

Are you drinking enough, one of the keys in dieting is drink, drink and drink some more because the liquid while not containing many calories does fill your stomach for a bit.

ReputationRep:
    Oh and make sure you drink a glass of water before every meal becuase this makes you feel full . Before breaky drink warm water with lemon becuase it helps to burn calories.

ReputationRep:
    diet coke always kills my appetite.
    or a hot drink like tea

ReputationRep:
    If you're used to eating junk food (like me) then I tend to find that even if I eat a proper meal, I will still end up quickly craving junk food. It's not actual hunger, it's more in the mind. But anyway, it's 7pm now so I'm sure you can have dinner now.

That said, I can't be arsed dieting and, unless you are actually overweight, I would tell you not to worry about it, eat when you feel hungry etc etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liquidus Zeromus)
    Stop. Dieting.
    lol erm why

ReputationRep:

You know you want to.

ReputationRep:
    Cut out snacks and eat proper meals.
    Eat a bigger breakfast, lowfat lunch with high protein. I find eggs are good when dieting. They fill you up for ages and are low in calories and fat.
    Try and up your meat and fish intake and lower carbs. It makes you feel a lot fuller for longer.

No point in snacking on frubes which are low in nutritional value and high in sugar when you could use those calories in having a bigger more nutritional meal at lunch for example which will keep you going.

hey well depending on your height/ weight atm, 1400 is probably fine. i did something like that, and it just takes a while for your body to realise it's getting less food! however when you're really hungry [like now] it is not failing to have more snacks. some healthy ideas i like:
    fruit. sounds simple but its so easy and low in calories. i love frozen grapes.
    carrot sticks, celery. very few calories, but give you something to munch on.
    i ate rice cakes. sounds dull, but the healthy ones are 25 kcals each. you can have them with various toppings.

other tips: i chewde gum when i got a craving. my problem is i eat when im not really hungry, and the gum was a good substitute.
    drink lots of water with every meal to fill you up quicker.
    eat slowly.
    i made 'snack bags' with 100kcals in each. i like dried fruit, so i weighed out the portions and put them in sandwhich bags so i had a healthy snack to grab.

especially at the beginning you don't want to restrict yourself too much, so listen to your body, and if you really need food - eat!

good luck! i found keeping a food diary really helped me lose weight at a steady rate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by issih)
    lol erm why
    1. Diets don't work
    2. You probably don't need to lose weight anyway
    3. You're hungry (most important reason)

ReputationRep:
    If your hungry, eat! this is why diets are silly, just try and eat a bit healthier and eat til you feel full not til you feel sick. Have a piece of fruit or a slice of toast or something until dinner.

ReputationRep:
    Eat good Chinese food (i.e. not that takeaway crap) and no junk, forget calorie controlled diets. I lost nearly a stone by living off soup and noodles for weeks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by issih)

You should be getting 2000 calories a day - you won't be healthy if you don't. Speak to your doctor for advice on dieting healthily...

ReputationRep:
    You might not be eating enough calories

Don't diet unless you plan on keeping your food intake like that forever. D:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 18, 2010

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.