Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    No, I'm not Bill.

17 is about usual for our school's company, about 40 applied to do it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    No, I'm not Bill.

17 is about usual for our school's company, about 40 applied to do it.
    Oh, so you all have to do a big company... not seperate ones?

ReputationRep:
    We had over 70 apply to our YE thing. We then formed 6 companies. Of 10 per group.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysunshine)
    Oh, so you all have to do a big company... not seperate ones?
    Yes, they only want one company with the best individuals, rather than loads with almost everyone who applies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    Yes, they only want one company with the best individuals, rather than loads with almost everyone who applies.
    Well I suppose you all must be very commited and be good at team work. Everyone I know can't even work in a small group of two, never mind about 17.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    We had over 70 apply to our YE thing. We then formed 6 companies. Of 10 per group.
    So do you get a qualification in the end?

ReputationRep:
    So do you get a qualification in the end?
    Yes, you do an exam as well. It is like 2 GCSE's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    Yes, you do an exam as well. It is like 2 GCSE's.
    !!! Are they graded? And do you have to pick it as one of your options?

ReputationRep:
    We're doing our YE exams in a couple of weeks to fit in with our mocks.

ReputationRep:
    !!! Are they graded? And do you have to pick it as one of your options?
    No, it's Fail, Pass, Merit or Destinction, I think there's another as well.

You are automatically entered for doing YE and it isn't something you need to study for, it's based on what you learnt whilst you were in the company.

ReputationRep:
    The exams reaaallllly easy. I read through the stuff the night before and got a distinction

ReputationRep:
    So has anyone got anymore ideas about what we can sell or do to make profit?

Also, do you need to sell shares? I suppose the teacher will tell me that anyway, sometime.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemgems89)
    So has anyone got anymore ideas about what we can sell or do to make profit?

Also, do you need to sell shares? I suppose the teacher will tell me that anyway, sometime.
    Another tip... dont sell lots of shares to everyone and anyone when you first get your sharebooks and are excited, work out how much capital you will need to buy to start it all up, and only sell that amount. If you need more as you go, you can easily sell more then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefish_uk)
    Wow.

I wanna do Young Enterprise. But all my friends would either not take it seriously or not take me seriously.
    urm

dont speak too soon fish!
    Although @ FW dont they only let you do it in LVI, with business studies?
    Indy is doing business studies...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emma_)
    Another tip... dont sell lots of shares to everyone and anyone when you first get your sharebooks and are excited, work out how much capital you will need to buy to start it all up, and only sell that amount. If you need more as you go, you can easily sell more then.
    Aw thanks

About the food, our school has had people selling food before so that wouldn't be a problem. We are looking for large amounts of profit though, not a few pounds.

ReputationRep:
    Aw thanks

About the food, our school has had people selling food before so that wouldn't be a problem. We are looking for large amounts of profit though, not a few pounds.
    hehehe yea that's what I wanted too. A successful group at my school made stationary and made looooaaaadsss, and one of the competition things.

My guess that to make most money, one should go into some sort of service(?) -because making things is soooo time consuming!

But to be honest, if money is what you're after, getting a job would be more worthwhile!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emma_)
    hehehe yea that's what I wanted too. A successful group at my school made stationary and made looooaaaadsss, and one of the competition things.

My guess that to make most money, one should go into some sort of service(?) -because making things is soooo time consuming!

But to be honest, if money is what you're after, getting a job would be more worthwhile!
    Nah, I'm not just in it for the money.

Do you have to make your own stuff if you're selling or can't you buy in wholesale and then sell it for a higher price lol?

ReputationRep:
    We have decided to do it, but we are really stuck on ideas.

Does anybody know what we could sell that would be a success?

We have had many ideas but none of them would really work. We could make a school calender and take pictures etc, but I doubt people would be interested. Sweets, not very wise as there's vending machines. Stationary, already a stationary shop in the library. The reason I'm using school is because we can, in a way, get free "land" as they'll let us use the the hall free of charge.

So what else? :confused:

Maybe a disco? Nah, I don't think they would turn up.

ReputationRep:
    We have decided to do it, but we are really stuck on ideas.

Does anybody know what we could sell that would be a success?

We have had many ideas but none of them would really work. We could make a school calender and take pictures etc, but I doubt people would be interested. Sweets, not very wise as there's vending machines. Stationary, already a stationary shop in the library. The reason I'm using school is because we can, in a way, get free "land" as they'll let us use the the hall free of charge.

So what else? :confused:

Maybe a disco? Nah, I don't think they would turn up.
    School calendar, someone in our school did that, and sold like 100+ especially to teachers for about £5 each

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    School calendar, someone in our school did that, and sold like 100+ especially to teachers for about £5 each
    Well our school aready sells calendars, and I can't imagine many people wanting one about school. They all like music and TV based calendars.

We want to do something to sell over the net maybe, like a guide.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.