This discussion is closed.
butterflew
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
i don't mind sharing our company idea with you. we were in about £1000 profit after returning investment i think. either way i got £70 ut of it which was a very poor return actually for all the effort we put in and the stress and friction involved!

we bought hoodies and offered a customisation service (words only) using a local t-shirt printing company- very popular, we put all our efforts into one good product and making it a success. it was value for money, being considerably cheaper than shop bought alternatives. another good idea a previous company had was personal alarms (all girls school+hysteria about flashers at the school gates= lots of sales, respeck)
gemgems89
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by butterflew)
i don't mind sharing our company idea with you. we were in about £1000 profit after returning investment i think. either way i got £70 ut of it which was a very poor return actually for all the effort we put in and the stress and friction involved!

we bought hoodies and offered a customisation service (words only) using a local t-shirt printing company- very popular, we put all our efforts into one good product and making it a success. it was value for money, being considerably cheaper than shop bought alternatives. another good idea a previous company had was personal alarms (all girls school+hysteria about flashers at the school gates= lots of sales, respeck)
Sounds like a good idea. That's an option but would require quite a bit of capital to start off with, which we don't yet have.
butterflew
Report 16 years ago
no, we only used capital from selling our shares: also we took orders with payment at the same time to ensure that a) we didn't not get apid by people and b) we had money to pay the clothing company, and the printers. we considered asking for deposits and collecting the rest on dlivery but that was way too much hassle. if you're marketing campaign is strong enough and you make it clear that the company will be a success, and get people talking about it, your profile should be trustorthy enough for people to pay on ordering. of course be sure you can follow it through properly! good luck!
gemgems89
Rep:
?
(Original post by butterflew)
no, we only used capital from selling our shares: also we took orders with payment at the same time to ensure that a) we didn't not get apid by people and b) we had money to pay the clothing company, and the printers. we considered asking for deposits and collecting the rest on dlivery but that was way too much hassle. if you're marketing campaign is strong enough and you make it clear that the company will be a success, and get people talking about it, your profile should be trustorthy enough for people to pay on ordering. of course be sure you can follow it through properly! good luck!
Thanks for the advice. I'll take it into consideration.

Any more ideas? :confused:
5thavenue
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by gemgems89)
Hiya,

I want to do Young Enterprise as part of my Duke of Edinburgh award.
Does anyone know anything about it and any good ideas to do for it?

Thanks
yeah go 5th av in town and forget about it
gemgems89
Rep:
?
(Original post by 5thavenue)
yeah go 5th av in town and forget about it
Eh?
5thavenue
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Eh?
exactly!?
thefish_uk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Eh?
5th Avenue...

Where the hell is that.

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/streetmap...398945&A=Y&Z=1
gemgems89
Rep:
?
(Original post by 5thavenue)
exactly!?
Look, don't post on this thread if it's meaningless.
gemgems89
Rep:
?
Ok, this thread keeps getting dropped down and we need to decide for Thursday. So anymore ideas please?

So I need to bring it back up as I need ideas quite quickly. If anyone knows any good websites, I'd be very grateful. Though I've already looked through the first 10 pages of google...

Thank you!
LH
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Ok, this thread keeps getting dropped down and we need to decide for Thursday. So anymore ideas please?

So I need to bring it back up as I need ideas quite quickly. If anyone knows any good websites, I'd be very grateful. Though I've already looked through the first 10 pages of google...

Thank you!
Go on YE website, you can see what all the registered companies (with a website) are doing.

http://www.young-enterprise.org.uk/
gemgems89
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
Go on YE website, you can see what all the registered companies (with a website) are doing.

http://www.young-enterprise.org.uk/
Ah thank you!

Didn't know you could look at over people's sites,

Thanks!
AllergicToFairydust
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
We have two young enterprises at our school because the deaputy head boy didn't want to do what we were doing....

Anyway, when the head of sixth form registered the companies she only registered the deaputy head boys company and she KNEW all along but didn't tell us until it was too late and she couldn't register us. Now the deaputy head boys company which is run soley by him has been enter for the competition and our company (25 of us) feels really let down, disappointed you name it....

We can't have a tax free bank account because it isn't an offical Young Enterprise, can no longer called ourselves Young Enterprise or enter the local competition OR get the UCAS points which mainly of us joined for!

Also, we enter a competition and won our registion fee money and £50 of start up money and we didn't see a penny because it was given in the deaputy head's company when his company was registed!
LH
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by a_musical_gal)
We have two young enterprises at our school because the deaputy head boy didn't want to do what we were doing....

Anyway, when the head of sixth form registered the companies she only registered the deaputy head boys company and she KNEW all along but didn't tell us until it was too late and she couldn't register us. Now the deaputy head boys company which is run soley by him has been enter for the competition and our company (25 of us) feels really let down, disappointed you name it....

We can't have a tax free bank account because it isn't an offical Young Enterprise, can no longer called ourselves Young Enterprise or enter the local competition OR get the UCAS points which mainly of us joined for!

Also, we enter a competition and won our registion fee money and £50 of start up money and we didn't see a penny because it was given in the deaputy head's company when his company was registed!
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Complain! If they did that to me, they would get a hell of a lot of grief.
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

That would have been so unfair. At least give the money to charity.
AllergicToFairydust
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
We are complaining to the headmaster on Monday Morning, we managed to get a 15 min meeting with him and he thinks it will only be one or two of us there - well all of us are going. I don't know how we'll manage to fit in his office but we have had enough of our Head of Sixth Form saying she'll fix things.
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
We are complaining to the headmaster on Monday Morning, we managed to get a 15 min meeting with him and he thinks it will only be one or two of us there - well all of us are going. I don't know how we'll manage to fit in his office but we have had enough of our Head of Sixth Form saying she'll fix things.
That is seriously not on. Is there only the possibility of 1 company in the school? Because we have 5 in our school.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (388)
67.24%
No (189)
32.76%

Watched Threads