Easter Island, Tristan da Cunha, Galapagos islands....

Watch this thread
FormerlyFrisbeeFan
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Has anyone been to any of these places? I'd so, so love to go...they sound amazing, but I wondered if anyone on here had actually been.
FormerlyHistoryStudent
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 11 years ago
I'd imagine that quite a few people have been to the Galapagos Islands, as it's quite on the tourist trail now (albeit expensive.) Easter Island is pretty accessable now as well. I highly doubt that anybody here has been to Tristan da Cunha, however. Only way to get to it is on a boat from Cape Town, and that's probably extremely expensive.
sandys1000
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by FormerlyFrisbeeFan)
Has anyone been to any of these places? I'd so, so love to go...they sound amazing, but I wondered if anyone on here had actually been.
Can I ask why you are so enthralled by Tristan da Cunha. I suppose the uniqueness and isolation of the community would be interesting, but is it really on a par with the other two?
FormerlyFrisbeeFan
Rep:
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
(Original post by sandys1000)
Can I ask why you are so enthralled by Tristan da Cunha. I suppose the uniqueness and isolation of the community would be interesting, but is it really on a par with the other two?
That's the reason exactly. I'd love to be able to stand on the most isolated island in the world! The situation just appeals to me very much. Also, I'd find the language very interesting, as I gather that their dialect of English is very idiosyncratic. I would rather visit the other two first (along with Fiji), but I'll be disappointed if I never get to Tristan da Cunha before I die.
sandys1000
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by FormerlyFrisbeeFan)
That's the reason exactly. I'd love to be able to stand on the most isolated island in the world! The situation just appeals to me very much. Also, I'd find the language very interesting, as I gather that their dialect of English is very idiosyncratic. I would rather visit the other two first (along with Fiji), but I'll be disappointed if I never get to Tristan da Cunha before I die.
TBH I don't know why I posted my previous post, because I agree with you. It about $800 to get the boat apparently, so I suppose it's an achievable aim
ALANASHWORTH
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
My wife an I have been SO SO fortunate to have visited many of these isolated islands. Tristan da Cunha five times Nightingale Island once, the Galapagos once, Easter Island three days, Pitcairn, Henderson, Ducie, landed on all three, South Georgia, Deception Island, The Falkland Islands several of the archipelego, Norfolk Island,St Helena five times the list goes on and on. ALAN
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (47)
26.55%
As I expected (58)
32.77%
Harder (64)
36.16%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
4.52%

Watched Threads