This discussion is closed.
maljosh
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
What do you think is the best city to leave in? (in England)
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
You forgot Leeds, and I resent that.
maljosh
I reckon the cleanest of these 3 cities is Newcastle... Liverpool sux... i'm thiking of moving to London...
4Ed
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
do you mean 'live' in, and isn't there an option for OTHER? there are other cities in England you know...
maljosh
oh, ya, i forgot.. but that's the cities i've been in, i've lived in Newcastle and Liverpool...

Leeds is big... what else?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Liverpool's a great place to live
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
What about Sheffield? Any good?
username9816
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Bhaal85)
What about Sheffield? Any good?
Nahhh, not sheffield.
thefish_uk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I hate these "what's the best city" polls, no matter what cities they include. I bet nobody here has lived in more than 4 or 5 different cities, so who really knows?

It's just based on stereotypes, what you've read in the news, stuff like that.
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
TBH I can't think of any city in the UK that isn't a good place to live

well apart from Portsmouth, and Salisbury...
Xenon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
A biased view-London. I have never even visited the other cities!
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Technically there are 2 cities in London - the city of london and the city of westminster.
maljosh
I'm really dissapointed Liverpool won The european capital of culture thing... Newcastle is so much better. They've build an awesome bridge(costed about £10M), Art Gallery and there are other cunstructions on the way... i really can't believe it, why the hell did they go for Liverpool? Just coz the Beetles were from there and coz the population is 1M more than in Newcastle. It's discusting the way drivers drive in Liverpool, they'd never stop if more than 5 people standing in the bus, you can get up to 20 people standing .. always driving on red, every1 smoking upstairs.... Community College Sux!
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by maljosh)
I'm really dissapointed Liverpool won The european capital of culture thing... Newcastle is so much better. They've build an awesome bridge(costed about £10M), Art Gallery and there are other cunstructions on the way... i really can't believe it, why the hell did they go for Liverpool? Just coz the Beetles were from there and coz the population is 1M more than in Newcastle. It's discusting the way drivers drive in Liverpool, they'd never stop if more than 5 people standing in the bus, you can get up to 20 people standing .. always driving on red, every1 smoking upstairs.... Community College Sux!
riiiiight
well thats a logical well reasoned arguement if ever I saw one :rolleyes:
boygenious
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
dublin's a bit alright
deadflower1984
Report 16 years ago
Ummmmm, you forgot Birmingham!
x Dee x
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by maljosh)
Haha, I agree!! But im from newcastle so thats prob biased x
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I've never been to Newcastle so cannot comment but here are my favourite UK cities I have visited.

1. Manchester
2. York
3. Liverpool
4. Westminster
5. Kensington
6. Salford.
fishpaste
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
It was the capital of culture award, not "who has least people smoking upstairs," award. And for that it has to be Liverpool, you only have to visit Liverpool to understand why.
thefish_uk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
I've never been to Newcastle so cannot comment but here are my favourite UK cities I have visited.

1. Manchester
2. York
3. Liverpool
4. Westminster
5. Kensington
6. Salford.
How many have you visited?

And isn't it interesting how you put Manchester at the top, considering you live there and know the place inside out.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (476)
66.57%
No (239)
33.43%

Watched Threads