This discussion is closed.
fishpaste
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Dickie)
that may be true, but you neglect to say where the survey was done?

manchester, by any chance? by the regional 'news', who always ignore news that makes their region look bad?
It was done in every region, by MORI. So quite reputable.
Dickie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by fishpaste)
It was done in every region, by MORI. So quite reputable.
fair enough then
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Favourite UK Cities (that I've visited):

Liverpool
London
Cardiff
Southampton
Birmingham
Edinburgh
Bristol
Manchester (it's been a long time since I visited the town centre but it deserves a mention solely for the delight that is the trafford centre)
Salford
Wolverhampton (surprised me)
York (if only for the jorvik centre queued for that for 3 hours)

UK Cities I would like to visit but have never quite got round to:
Sheffield
Leeds
Newcastle
Glasgow (my parents say this is lovely)
Belfast
Brighton
lou p lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Pencil Queen)
Glasgow (my parents say this is lovely)
oooh yes, i love glasgow- i found out i can get married in the cathedral (can't quite remember why, but my mum was well annoyed when she found out cos my dad had never told her). i think glasgow is an amazing city (and i'm only slightly biased as my entire family is from there)

lou xxx
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
"When, without prompting, people are asked which they consider to be England's 'first' city, more than four in five (85%) name London. When asked which they consider England's 'second' city, a third (34%) name Manchester.

Birmingham follows Manchester with three in 10 people (29%) ranking it in second place. Liverpool was also in the picture, with one in 20 people (four percent) naming it as England's second city, and one in 10 (10%) naming it as England's 'third' city. "
and?
sparkler
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Pencil Queen)
TBH I can't think of any city in the UK that isn't a good place to live

well apart from Portsmouth, and Salisbury...
what's wrong with portsmouth?!?!?!?!!?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by sparkler)
what's wrong with portsmouth?!?!?!?!!?
I just don't like it...some places just grate on you and I get that with Pompey (and Durham and Salisbury). I have to say some of the people I've met from Portsmouth are the nicest people in the world...I just know I wouldn't be happy living there.
maljosh
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
fish, i'm studying at the moment in Liverpool..

Edinburgh is quite a city, but it's in Scotland...very beatiful.

Birmingham? I don't think it is a good city to leave in.. ya, it's big.. but it's not well situated.. it's a big industrial polluted city...
rah
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Not true anymore =P It's officially Manchester whether you're arguing population-wise or as a consensus of the population.
really? population wise? i thought birmingham was like half a million bigger or something?

edit-must learn to read following posts.

to be honest nowhere in england compares to london, i quite like birmingham but nottingham is nicer and has suprisingly more choice for shopping, clearly the most important factor haven't been to manchester but didn't like newcastle particularly, york is very pretty but boring and liverpool is just..meh

j'adore london
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (244)
61.93%
Yes- I don't like it (18)
4.57%
No- I want it (106)
26.9%
No- I don't want it (26)
6.6%

Watched Threads