This discussion is closed.
99lockleyd
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Hi my name is daniel and i am 15. i am currently doing GCSE's. i am predicted C's and above in all my subjects and am going to sixth form after school to study A levels in english lang & lit, history, sycology and sociology. i want to become an RAF pilot and wondered if these qualifications would entitle me to do so?
if they do will i need to go to university or will i go straight into the RAF after sixth form?

please reply thank you.
x Dee x
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 99lockleyd)
Hi my name is daniel and i am 15. i am currently doing GCSE's. i am predicted C's and above in all my subjects and am going to sixth form after school to study A levels in english lang & lit, history, sycology and sociology. i want to become an RAF pilot and wondered if these qualifications would entitle me to do so?
if they do will i need to go to university or will i go straight into the RAF after sixth form?

please reply thank you.
Hey ther, my m8 is in his last year of A levels (with me) and he is goin 2 be an RAF pilot wen he leaves. I no he says uv got 2 hav A levels but what in doesnt matter. Hes in the cadets tho so that is his main link. If u want il find out sum more info 4 u x
Wzz
  • CV Helper
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
You can join after sixth form, or get paid a small annual bursary through uni then join after that. If you have a degree you get accelerated promotion, as well as the advantage of tackling some of the training with a bit more life experience and maturity behind you.
Barny
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 99lockleyd)

please reply thank you.
Looking at the RAF careers website, or doing a search for 'RAF PILOT' will get you the answer to this question..
Alex Still
Report 16 years ago
Hi My name is Alex i am also 15 and want to be a RAF pilot and i was wandering about the requirements for it ie height and qualifications if you know anything that would be very useful thanks
angelzland
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Alex Still)
Hi My name is Alex i am also 15 and want to be a RAF pilot and i was wandering about the requirements for it ie height and qualifications if you know anything that would be very useful thanks
U have to be a lil munckin (about 4ft),wear glasses and have no hand and eye co-ordination..otherwise you don't stand a chance hunny!
kikzen
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
do more science subjects.

physics, maths (mechanics).
Wzz
  • CV Helper
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Science based subjects will help you a little in sofar as groundschool's concerned, but that's it. You need sharp mental maths skills, and knowing a few physics based things helps you understand aircraft more when pounding through groundschool exams.

However, you're more likely to get selected with good results, so do whatever you like. There aren't any banned subjects. That said some interviewers were famously harsh on people with real Mickey Mouse degrees, but there you go...
jayeden90
Report 15 years ago
wot do i need to do to become a uk pilot e.g. qualifactions cos i need to pic my choices
Alex Still
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by angelzland)
U have to be a lil munckin (about 4ft),wear glasses and have no hand and eye co-ordination..otherwise you don't stand a chance hunny!
Cheers for the advice it will be very helpful
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (153)
60.96%
Yes- I don't like it (11)
4.38%
No- I want it (70)
27.89%
No- I don't want it (17)
6.77%

Watched Threads