Badges: 13
Report 10 years ago
I read incestory :dontknow:
Antonia87
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Irish and Scottish on my mother's side. Dont know anything about my dad's family though.
tanzeel
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
From northwestern Pakistan(Pukhtoon) so it could be a mixture of any of hundreds of races/nationalities, including but not limited to Afghans, Turks, Greeks, Persians, Arabs, Indians and a few others who've been left there genetic footprint there.
asparkyn
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
China. We have a pretty damn old civilisation!

EDIT: I think I should go into detail. Dad from mainland China, Mum from Indonesia (some of her ancestors are from China as well), although considering the Indonesian post-Dutch colonial rule I'm pretty sure I have slivers of Dutch, Japanese and Portuguese blood in my veins :getmecoat:
Jackthevillain
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
German Silesian and Irish are my main ones but further back theres quite a few I think but I dont know if any are for sure.
Aesc
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Persian on my dad's side, apparently
setthetruthfree
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Scottish on my dad's side, brought into Ireland during the plantation. All Irish on my mother's side.
Chocothunder
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Father says that we're descended from an ancient line of English nobility which dates back to the reign of William the Conqueror.
concubine
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Only know as far back as 1600 (so probably more than most of the above) but... Scotland. Lotsa pale skin, red hair and green eyes in my family so I guess it's safe to say there's a fair deal 'celtic' blood in me.
LordBerkut
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My maternal Grandfather is an American who had German parents, my maternal grandmother was born to a Scottish mother who had Irish potato-famine fleeing parents name the McGrory's, though she happened to be born in London, and then quickly moved here. My Mum was conceived in California, was born here and then returned there for her first four years before returning here. My Dad's family all seem pretty Scottish, are named Milne and Mann and probably came from particularly thrifty peasants who ate grit, bathed using only dirt and enjoyed burning witches.
najinaji
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
African, Caribbean, English, German, Russian (possibly)
doubledot
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Mother is Sarawakian (Bidayuh/Dayak, to be precise - it's an old headhunter tribe) and Chinese. Father is Irish - red hair and all, though funnily enough he ended up as a Black Irish, and English.
thecdon
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Chocothunder)
Father says that we're descended from an ancient line of English nobility which dates back to the reign of William the Conqueror.
Total ********. Nobody is 100% English. What bout your mother's side?
Helevorn
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Irish, Dutch and Spanish ... a nice mixture i think.
asparkyn
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by doubledot)
Mother is Sarawakian (Bidayuh/Dayak, to be precise - it's an old headhunter tribe) and Chinese. Father is Irish - red hair and all, though funnily enough he ended up as a Black Irish, and English.
Bidayuh and Dayak! :eek: Woah, I am meeting a lot of Sarawakians today! Does your mother come from Kuching, or smaller places like Miri or Sibu?

Spoiler:
Show
I find it very unlikely that she'd live in longhouses, so ... :getmecoat:
Cicerao
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Mother's parents English, father's parents Irish. And it goes back in history as such.
Frankel
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
How do I find out?

What sort of money will this cost?
Chocothunder
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by thecdon)
Total ********. Nobody is 100% English. What bout your mother's side?
Mother's family were originally French, but re-located to England in the late 17th Century.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (426)
56.57%
I don't have everything I need (327)
43.43%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed