Psychology?? Watch

This discussion is closed.
guest30
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Hi
My niece has asked me to have a look on this site as she is going to Uni this year to study Psychology. she has applied to Manchester, Liverpool, Kings (I think) and Nottingham. Any suggestions as to which one is the better one?
Perdurabo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by guest30)
Hi
My niece has asked me to have a look on this site as she is going to Uni this year to study Psychology. she has applied to Manchester, Liverpool, Kings (I think) and Nottingham. Any suggestions as to which one is the better one?
Academically, Nottingham is supposedly the best for Psychology. It is top of the league tables in this subject.
Don't forget that it's not just which uni is top but how you think your niece thinks she will enjoy living there and studying that particular course. It may be best to get a copy of the course handbook from each of them.

Good luck!
Perdurabo
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Perdurabo)
Don't forget that it's not just which uni is top but how you think your niece thinks she will enjoy living there and studying...
Sorry i meant to say:
Don't forget that it's not just which uni is top but how your niece thinks she will enjoy living there and studying...

Sorry. that's too much computing not enough sleep for you.
nicki04
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i applied for psychology at Liverpool for the psychology and health sciences course and got a conditional offer. When i visited it looked really good and the city had a great atmosphere. I would say Liverpool is the best outta those three!
Peapod
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Manchester has Professor beattie

But to be honest all trhee are excellent unis so your niece should definately visit all three and pick the one she likes, taking in to account practicalities such as travel.
manchester is the second best city to London for shopping etc.
Liverpool is very green and seems a good place to be a student.
Nottingham has a nice campus apparantly (although I didn't like it) and is also good for nightlife.

So it's her personal taste I'd say!
Peapod
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Just to add the manchester psychology department are on the verge of getting a grand spanking new building!
.NK
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by guest30)
Hi
As someone before said, Nottingham is best for psychology in the country at the moment...but when I applied last year it was 3rd or 4th so I wouldn't go just on that.

I haven't been to the other unis she's considering, but I'm in my first year doing psychology at Notts so if you/she wants anymore specific information about the course or uni, feel free to private message me
rednirt
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I was told liverpool is a very good uni for psych... took no notice and am studying at portsmouth lol, but that was again down to my decision as to where I'd like to live and work etc.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1377)
79.5%
Leave (355)
20.5%

Watched Threads