Whats the best UNI for ICT degree??????????? Watch

This discussion is closed.
soph2004
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
hi i need help in finding a good uni to do a degree in IT not computing not my strongest bit

im takeing AS AVCE ICT at the moment and i am predected good grades with other subject

any idea pls inform me of them would be very helpful.

sophie
fishpaste
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
You can do a degree in IT? I bet even it's called IT it's computing, or it's a diploma or something.
soph2004
Rep:
?
they class alot of the IT course as computing but i dont want a hardware side of IT course do you know any unis good for IT/computing :confused:
onearmedscissor
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by soph2004)
they class alot of the IT course as computing but i dont want a hardware side of IT course do you know any unis good for IT/computing :confused:
By that do you mean you'd prefer the consultation part? It's called Information Systems as far as I know.
soph2004
Rep:
?
my idea is to be a web designer but i also love things like excel and that so i thing a common wide range IT degree would be best along side a desing course maybe
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by soph2004)
my idea is to be a web designer but i also love things like excel and that so i thing a common wide range IT degree would be best along side a desing course maybe
I study Multimedia and Internet Technology BSc (Hons) at Salford. Its mainly about design and web programming but traditioal modules such as c++ programming, JAVA, netwroking theory as well as business studies units are in there. We also produce a short film in the first year. The exam was in that unit was damn hard thouh we had to explain in detail how TVs work.

Also computer science courses these days are much more sofware based than hardware
soph2004
Rep:
?
kool ok thanks ill have a look
BossLady
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well it does depends on your grades ie A-Level 3A/4A prediction and you can do it at Imperial/Cambridge===>very academic, but the best places in the country to do comp sci/computing. Whereas you can do it somewhere alot lower and get a more vocational one, teaches you languages etc
Soulfish
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
For computer science courses, if the course your looking at is accredited by the British computing society/IEE for full or partial exemption from CEng exams I do believe that it means it has a hardware component.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (472)
59.3%
Yes- I don't like it (43)
5.4%
No- I want it (228)
28.64%
No- I don't want it (53)
6.66%

Watched Threads