The Student Room Group

why do I feel sick after I got knocked down by a car???

I was riding across the road on my bike and a car came round the corner and smacked me down. (Nothing broken and I didn't hit my head, atleast I don't think so as I can't remember it that clearly)

I just want to know why I feel sick? I feel like I want to throw up.
I remeber I felt like this when I was younger after I had crashed into a phone box on my bike.

Is it the shock or something??

Scroll to see replies

opps please get checked by a doctor! Better to be safe than sorry :smile:
Reply 2
Most likely, are you sure you are ok?
Reply 3
It's probably shock, you should go and get checked out by a doctor:smile:
Reply 4
I'd go for shock
Drink something sugary and lukewarm.... (Yes i know you're not meant to drink anything hot but this is what the 999 people told me to do while dealing with the epileptic boyfriend)
Reply 5
I'm no doctor so I won't pretend I know what it is. But, if I were in that situation I'd panic (because thet's the kinda person I am!).

You should most definately call NHS Direct and tell them your symptoms. They can help you out better than we can (I think).

The web site is here (the number's in there somewhere too)
Reply 6
Its most likely to be shock!
Reply 7
ive been in a few accidents i.e. knocked of me bike and in car crashes and i felt the same way. Its just shock, youll get over it in no time :smile:
Reply 8
Please go and get checked out, why weren't you when it first happened? Just to be safe :smile: I hope you're feeling better soon.
Reply 9
It's just a delayed reaction.

You should feel fine tomorrow. Try actually puking if it makes you feel better...
Go get it checked out by a doctor as sickness after an accident like that can be a sign of concussion.
i last time got hit by a car i got up and started laughing at the driver O.o
Reply 12
I am just going to repeat what most people are saying.

Its probably shock and nothing to worry about, being hit by a car is probably a pretty stressful experience, and you probably find you are a bit shakey as well! Its most likely a perfectly normal reaction to what you went through.

But its still probably best to see a doctor or phone NHS direct, just to be safe!
did the car just drive off? did no one help you or see what happened or anything??? when did this happen?
Reply 14
Pandy
It's just a delayed reaction.

You should feel fine tomorrow. Try actually puking if it makes you feel better...

I'm ok now after a nice, long 12 hour sleep!!
Thanks for all your concerns everybody, I didnt mean to alarm anybody, I just wanted to find out why I felt sick.
Reply 15
sparkle86
did the car just drive off? did no one help you or see what happened or anything??? when did this happen?

no, she was a policewomen and she insisted I give her my details. She phoned me last night just to check up on me- I think she felt guilty in some way, although it was actually my fault.
Reply 16
* gemchicken
Please go and get checked out, why weren't you when it first happened? Just to be safe :smile: I hope you're feeling better soon.

I didnt think it was that serious and I hate the fact that my parents would find out- they always lecture me about wearing a helmet and getting off my bike to cross the road. They always have a go at me, I know they care for me, but I'm a teenager, what do you expect?!!?!?
It's just a groggy feeling you get. I was in hospital for a week after my accident with various sicknesses. Don't worry too much mate, but GO and get checked out.
Ive also been hit by a car whilst my bike. Luckily I didn't knocked. However, I did feel really shacken up. It has hindered my willingness to ride on the road.
Reply 19
I havent been hit by a car but i feel sick when i read in a car!?