Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    When i did Work Experience i worked at one of the big accountacy firms in london. It was quite good fun, some aspects were a little boring but it was a lot better than other people's and i only had to do 4 days instead of 5.

ReputationRep:
    I did my work experience at my school, with the IT technicians for 3 weeks.

Was a blast, spent some of the day building PC's etc etc then just went on games for ages Even built a 'mega' system at the end in a huge case and put loads of games on it! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    yeah, it is definately one of the most rewarding things i've ever done.

lou xxx
    i worked in a special needs school and it was one of the best choices i ever made. i had an amazing two weeks n the report they gave me was ace so it should look gd on cvs or whatever in the future. i worked with kids from 2yrs old up to 19yrs old n i loved every minute of it

heather xxx

ReputationRep:
    does any 1 no were i could ask to work in liverpool
    and how would i get hold of them please

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sergio Delor)
    Im very interested in finded out where different people have done there work experience and how they got it. I myself will be working at HSBC bank for 4 weeks.
    i didn't do work experience i had the chance to but left it to late n now i've only got like a month left of skool n i ent had ne work experinnce at all so make sure ya do it or ya will wish ya had plus it iz time of skoll

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sergio Delor)
    Im very interested in finded out where different people have done there work experience and how they got it. I myself will be working at HSBC bank for 4 weeks.
    I had work experience at Coutts for 2 weeks, and one week at Cazenove. It was interesting, but not terribly relevant to my coure; I didn't even mention coutts on my PS.

Over summer i hope to do some work experience at the times, that should be interesting.

ReputationRep:
    I did my work experience with the outreach department at a theatre. Spent the week hauling sets around and doing workshops with kids mainly which was fun . They all called me Sauron cos of my LOTR t-shirt . Also one day the guy I was with was in Glasgow so he sent me with a dance troupe to do a contemporary dance workshop at a local highschool. Five hours later, I was in complete and total agony . But it was a great week

ReputationRep:
    Allders - most boring week and a half of my life

ReputationRep:
    Chartered accountancy firm for two weeks.

ReputationRep:
    Hehe. I spent a week at Argonaut software, testing games.

dental practice for 2 wks.

ReputationRep:
    ma m8 went to a tattoo place 4 er work experience

ReputationRep:
    I spent two weeks at Boots on Warren st.
    blegh...

ReputationRep:
    We did work experience in year 10. I tried to organise to go to local newspapers but I had no luck so the school set something up for me. I ended up working for the public relations department for the National Society for Epilepsy. I really enjoyed it and it opened by eyes a lot.

ReputationRep:
    in year 10 i worked with a london based conference organising and pa company on location in Scarborough...that was really really fun

and in year 12 i worked in Techniquest...which was also fun.

im stil not too sure what i want to do after uni, but neither have put me off anything!

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickle_katy)
    in year 10 i worked with a london based conference organising and pa company on location in Scarborough...that was really really fun

and in year 12 i worked in Techniquest...which was also fun.

im stil not too sure what i want to do after uni, but neither have put me off anything!

love Katy ***
    What subject do you do at uni?

ReputationRep:
    I did work experience at a theatre and got FIRED!!
    For NO reason-seriously. I went there, they didn't tell me to do anything, (no exaggerating!!) so I just sat in and watched the rehearsals. I was called in for a chat and they asked me to leave!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katie Heskins)
    I did work experience at a theatre and got FIRED!!
    For NO reason-seriously. I went there, they didn't tell me to do anything, (no exaggerating!!) so I just sat in and watched the rehearsals. I was called in for a chat and they asked me to leave!
    LOL.

ReputationRep:
    i went to france for a week. worked in a hotel. was damn good

ReputationRep:
    Currently doing 2 week placement at London law firm Slaughter & May. It's one of the 5 in "magic circle", meaning you start on 28k as a trainee and 2 years later hit 50k. But there's more to life than money... the work environment is top but law isn't everyone's cup of tea...

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.