Work experience? Where are you going or where did you go?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
G4ry
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
When i did Work Experience i worked at one of the big accountacy firms in london. It was quite good fun, some aspects were a little boring but it was a lot better than other people's and i only had to do 4 days instead of 5.
Johnt
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I did my work experience at my school, with the IT technicians for 3 weeks.

Was a blast, spent some of the day building PC's etc etc then just went on games for ages Even built a 'mega' system at the end in a huge case and put loads of games on it! :cool:
heather2
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by lou p lou)
yeah, it is definately one of the most rewarding things i've ever done.

lou xxx
i worked in a special needs school and it was one of the best choices i ever made. i had an amazing two weeks n the report they gave me was ace so it should look gd on cvs or whatever in the future. i worked with kids from 2yrs old up to 19yrs old n i loved every minute of it

heather xxx
fun lovin babe
Report 16 years ago
does any 1 no were i could ask to work in liverpool
and how would i get hold of them please
chatty gal
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by sergio Delor)
Im very interested in finded out where different people have done there work experience and how they got it. I myself will be working at HSBC bank for 4 weeks.
i didn't do work experience i had the chance to but left it to late n now i've only got like a month left of skool n i ent had ne work experinnce at all so make sure ya do it or ya will wish ya had plus it iz time of skoll
amexblack
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by sergio Delor)
Im very interested in finded out where different people have done there work experience and how they got it. I myself will be working at HSBC bank for 4 weeks.
I had work experience at Coutts for 2 weeks, and one week at Cazenove. It was interesting, but not terribly relevant to my coure; I didn't even mention coutts on my PS.

Over summer i hope to do some work experience at the times, that should be interesting.
Acaila
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I did my work experience with the outreach department at a theatre. Spent the week hauling sets around and doing workshops with kids mainly which was fun . They all called me Sauron cos of my LOTR t-shirt . Also one day the guy I was with was in Glasgow so he sent me with a dance troupe to do a contemporary dance workshop at a local highschool. Five hours later, I was in complete and total agony . But it was a great week
Ramaya
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Allders - most boring week and a half of my life
hornblower
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Chartered accountancy firm for two weeks.
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Hehe. I spent a week at Argonaut software, testing games.
DazYa
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
dental practice for 2 wks.
chatty gal
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
ma m8 went to a tattoo place 4 er work experience
SpAnIsH_fLy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I spent two weeks at Boots on Warren st.
blegh...
~Sam~
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
We did work experience in year 10. I tried to organise to go to local newspapers but I had no luck so the school set something up for me. I ended up working for the public relations department for the National Society for Epilepsy. I really enjoyed it and it opened by eyes a lot.
ickle_katy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
in year 10 i worked with a london based conference organising and pa company on location in Scarborough...that was really really fun

and in year 12 i worked in Techniquest...which was also fun.

im stil not too sure what i want to do after uni, but neither have put me off anything!

love Katy ***
~Sam~
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ickle_katy)
in year 10 i worked with a london based conference organising and pa company on location in Scarborough...that was really really fun

and in year 12 i worked in Techniquest...which was also fun.

im stil not too sure what i want to do after uni, but neither have put me off anything!

love Katy ***
What subject do you do at uni?
[email protected]
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I did work experience at a theatre and got FIRED!!
For NO reason-seriously. I went there, they didn't tell me to do anything, (no exaggerating!!) so I just sat in and watched the rehearsals. I was called in for a chat and they asked me to leave!
username9816
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Katie Heskins)
I did work experience at a theatre and got FIRED!!
For NO reason-seriously. I went there, they didn't tell me to do anything, (no exaggerating!!) so I just sat in and watched the rehearsals. I was called in for a chat and they asked me to leave!
LOL.
kikzen
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i went to france for a week. worked in a hotel. was damn good
Brown Patrick Bateman
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Currently doing 2 week placement at London law firm Slaughter & May. It's one of the 5 in "magic circle", meaning you start on 28k as a trainee and 2 years later hit 50k. But there's more to life than money... the work environment is top but law isn't everyone's cup of tea...
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (83)
18.74%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (90)
20.32%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (84)
18.96%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (96)
21.67%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (44)
9.93%
I haven't started researching yet (46)
10.38%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

Oops, nobody has posted
in the last few hours.

Why not re-start the conversation?

Start new discussion

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise