Work experience? Where are you going or where did you go? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Ahollisan
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
ok don't laugh at the name but i worked at a place called folder galore. (pause for laugh)
it was good but a bit scary i had to handle cheques and talk to clients. one time when i answered th phone i was speaking to the president of coca cola, asking if we had recieved his cheques. scaryyy
had to pretend that i was use to speaking to rich billionaires.

oh yeah i also got paid
piggie
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
i worked in a solicitors firm, i dont know why though. it was boring and basically all i did was be their skivey for two week. Can you do this? can you do that. it was so boring. all i did was filing, faxing, typing stuff up and getting lunches. it has nothing to do with what i want to do when im older all i know now is i dont want to be a secretary and work in central london. you try crossing them roads, its chancing death!!!!!!!!

miss piggie x
Niaya
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
going to portsmouth city council
love_4_ducks
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by sergio Delor)
Im very interested in finded out where different people have done there work experience and how they got it. I myself will be working at HSBC bank for 4 weeks.

i got myself a placement at my local lower school for 2 weeks! had a excellent time and didnt wanna leave lol xx
Heidi
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by bond2004)
Iworked with the London Ambulance Service for two weeks it was great.
How did you apply to work with the London Ambulance and what exactly did you have to do?
Soulfish
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I spent a week work at The Economist in year ten. That was great fun, esp getting to meet everyone that worked there and see how they put everything together.
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Two weeks at a lower (primary) school as a classroom assistant. Teaching is easy
DazYa16
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Gimp)
Two weeks at a lower (primary) school as a classroom assistant. Teaching is easy
LOL ! Gimp as a teacher?! ! lol haha that's funny !
Pencil
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I worked in the housing department at Essex County Council
MattG
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
went with a friends dad to his computer programming company "science systems" (its not his, he works there) they design programs for satellites and stuff. it was good in the respect that it made me understand that i didn't want to be a computer programmer.....

free food tho!

typical cus they didnt really have any work for me to do, so one day i spent walking round their head office with a huge bunch of keys and a techinal map of the place checking which key works where...:eek:
fun lovin girl
Report 15 years ago
does any 1 know who i would get in touch with 2 get a placement in a hospital in liverpool
fun lovin girl
Report 15 years ago
because if i get placed by my school ill get the worst job ever! all my teachers hate me and have alll got it in 4 me :mad:
onlylittleme
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by fun lovin girl)
does any 1 know who i would get in touch with 2 get a placement in a hospital in liverpool
I am looking for hospital work too, or any sort of work related to medicine and it really is impossible due to all the confidentiality. All the doctors I have talked to have said that you really need contacts, and if you want to be a doctor (which I am assuming you do) just take any work experience that is given to you, even if it seems rubbish, you will need it to get into medical school! Failing having any contacts you could just write a letter and send it to all your local hospitals, that is what I have just done, begging for work experience and explaining how much you would like it :P, and wish that one will reply!
suz19
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Two weeks in an infant school. It was fun but not exactly relevant to what I want to do now:rolleyes:
Jaq
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i spent 1 weke at a hospital

3days at the paediatric dept and the doctor there was really good, explaining everything he did n so on.
2 days at the surgery dept, which was as boring as **** as i just got shoved around from 1 surgeon to d next n i didnt even get to see ne surgery bein done...hmpf
Katie J
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I spent one week with a conservation/restoration team at Tredegar House (mannor house!). That was pretty damn cool, I went all over the place where the public are never allowed! I spent a second week shadowing the Caerleon Roman Legionary Museum's curator/in house archaeologist and another week at the same place with the education department! Last summer I spent a couple of days with the Gwent Glamorgan Archaeological Trust excavating outside a church hall...we found nothing!
pringle
Report 15 years ago
i went to the army for 5 days and then had a week off, it was the most fun 5 days ever and i was with my my friends i'd recommend it to anyone. also in my skool two people get the chance to work at parma airport for a week which looks great too
suspicious_fish
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I had a really amazing work experience. Not half as rewarding as working with autistic children, nor as "good", but still.....
I worked on the setting-up of the Fame Academy house (mostly consisted of finding screws for absent-minded camera-men and labelling monitor stacks) and on the setting up and filming of Party In The Park. I carried camrea parts and helped set up camera tracks, then on the day itself I fitted some radio mics (Beyonce, a few of Blazin Squad, a guy from Weezer and a guy from Busted) and did a lot of "cable bashing", i.e. carrying the wires for a camera on tracks.
Got to meet the stars and see TV from the other side..... a lot of fun.
And gave me my new claim to fame: I've touched beyonce's arse!
kokopops
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by fun lovin girl)
u live in liverpool? my friend managed to get it in th royal coz she knew sum1 there...sis in a health practice coz she knewsum1! its virtually impossible to get a placemen in a hospital unless u know sum1 who wokrs there coz they dnt like taking on work placements!
Baron
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i had a boring work experience, it was at an accountants - all i did was shread paper and add up numbers
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university offer been reduced?

Yes (8)
30.77%
No (15)
57.69%
Don't know (3)
11.54%

Watched Threads