Work experience? Where are you going or where did you go? Watch

This discussion is closed.
VoodooDoll
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i worked at rotherham magistrates court for 3 weeks. it was really interesting actually, but totally put me off a law career!
Marie55
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I had a week at a riding stables which was fun for me cos I got a free lesson every day and got to exercise the ponies a couple of times. Though, I did have to get there at 8am and do some pretty hard physical work. The people were friendly so I had a good time. Certainly different from what I expected from a work experience!
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I worked at my local library and my school library. Sad isn't it.
suspicious_fish
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by wiwarin_mir)
I worked at my local library and my school library. Sad isn't it.
Not at all! I know someone who helped her self-employed dad, and spent most of the day cleaning the house to help "unclutter his mind".
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by suspicious_fish)
Not at all! I know someone who helped her self-employed dad, and spent most of the day cleaning the house to help "unclutter his mind".
well, most people thought it was sad.
suspicious_fish
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
well, most people thought it was sad.
I absolutely love libraries, so you have my ultimate respect, and I offer you a chocolate hobnob: *holds out the tube*.
edufly
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by sergio Delor)
Im very interested in finded out where different people have done there work experience and how they got it. I myself will be working at HSBC bank for 4 weeks.
For my work experience I worked at a Management Consultancy in Liverpool Street, City of London.
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by suspicious_fish)
I absolutely love libraries, so you have my ultimate respect, and I offer you a chocolate hobnob: *holds out the tube*.
thank you *takes one*, I did have quite a bit of fun, processing the entire millenium library selection, which was quite fun actually.
Riverz End
Report 15 years ago
I went to Loughborough University and worked as an IT administrator in their Computing Services building...

...actually, I just went on the internet for a week.
suspicious_fish
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
thank you *takes one*, I did have quite a bit of fun, processing the entire millenium library selection, which was quite fun actually.
I confess my ignorance about the millenium library.
Explain?
hornblower
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Baron)
i had a boring work experience, it was at an accountants - all i did was shread paper and add up numbers
I did that. Shredding was fun! I also spent a lot of time on the PC (doing work of course), filing, going to the bank (once with about two grand in cash), visiting the mail shed and putting up christmas decorations. My teacher decided to pay me a visit just as I was putting up the tree! :eek:
crana
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
for my school work experience i did a week in a hospital school working on a paediatric orthopaedic ward, and i also spent a week and a half in a local special school. and last summer i spent 3 weeks on the nuffield studentship scheme at NOttm Trent university doing cancer research

rosie
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (216)
61.02%
Yes- I don't like it (14)
3.95%
No- I want it (99)
27.97%
No- I don't want it (25)
7.06%

Watched Threads