LSE offers for Maths and Eco Watch

This discussion is closed.
Soumak
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Hey,

Who here has an offer to study Bsc Maths and Economics at LSE. Im still waitin - just wonderin what your offers r?

Thanx
Leeroy
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
no reply, Im waiting for exactly same course...
Soumak
Oh cool - so Im not alone!!!

So Leeroy - wat subjects u do and watu predicted at A level - just out of interest? (assess the competition - hahahahaha)

Bye
princess-renamed
Report 15 years ago
i got a letter from lse 2day saying ive been oput ont he short list for thw subject due to the over whelmimg demand for the subject!?!? and they should inform me of the final decision by march!!!!
i got 7 a starts at gcse, and do econ and business, maths and chem for alevels n ve been predicted 3 a's. i hope i get an offer . lemme no if anyone else gets an offer or ne letter fort he same course
Soumak
hey,

yah still waitin here. I got 4 A stars and 6 As for GCSE's.
Got predicted AAAA at A level for maths, eco, chemistry and history.

ne way screw it - i dont care ne more

Bye
Leeroy
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
hey soumak....

GCSEs - 11A* 1A
Alevel - 5 predicted As - maths, further maths, economics, physics, general studies

ill be so pissed if i dont get a place, specially after not getting into oxford :mad:

anyway good luck make sure u post on here wen u find out. u got msn by the way?
sukh_b
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Hi,
Ive also applied for Economics at LSE (not heard anything yet).I got aabb in Economics,History,Maths and Bio (respectively) at AS and am now doing the first 3 of these at A2 (predicted 3 A's).My GCSE's were gud but not as spectacular as some of those i hav heard on this forum (6 A's 4 B's).I would appreciate it if u could tell me of any other interests you have that you put into your personal statement that could have swung an offer your way i.e played Rugby for Eng. under-16's,etc (not necessarily sporting interest).It seems clear to me that it is vital you have an interesting life out of school/college to get an offer from LSE.to what extent is this true?

Ps many who have applied to LSE seem to be doing 4 A2's, do you think this will hinder my application as i do 3?

I appreciate any replies.
Leeroy
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
YESS!! got an offer for maths and eco. ABB.

anyone else?
claire1985
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by sukh_b)
Hi,

Ps many who have applied to LSE seem to be doing 4 A2's, do you think this will hinder my application as i do 3?

I appreciate any replies.
No it's complete rubbish to think that, they don't care about this at all-i got an offer and i only do three A-levels and got ABBBB at AS (B was in the subject i actually want to do, oops!)
Soumak
Hey Leeroy,

Congrats on the offer. I got a letter yesterday sayin that ive been put on the waitin list. Its betta than rejection I guess. Ne way - i got to get down to serious work - theres no pint in gettin an offer and missin the grades. Ne way talk to u later.

Bye
Leeroy
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Soumak)
Hey Leeroy,

Congrats on the offer. I got a letter yesterday sayin that ive been put on the waitin list. Its betta than rejection I guess. Ne way - i got to get down to serious work - theres no pint in gettin an offer and missin the grades. Ne way talk to u later.

Bye
Cool, a few of the people i met from oxford have been put on that so your still in with a good chance.

In response to the other guy, I put that I play sunday league football, came second in Europe in freestyle kickboxng, and play guitar in a band. Also put a bit about responsibilities in school, work experience and career ambition and a fair bit about the subjects (mainly maths)
Soumak
Yah i had put that I did stand up comedy shows, DOE gold (in process), school cricket team and company secretary for Young enterprise scheme. My PS was mostly on eco. Gonna talk bout maths now.

Bye
Leeroy
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Soumak)
Yah i had put that I did stand up comedy shows, DOE gold (in process), school cricket team and company secretary for Young enterprise scheme. My PS was mostly on eco. Gonna talk bout maths now.

Bye
Good idea, mine was heavily maths based, and as its the maths dept. deciding theyll probly appreciate it. and hey! I did young enterprise too!lol, never got past the bronze stage of DOE tho lol.
Soumak
(Original post by Leeroy)
Good idea, mine was heavily maths based, and as its the maths dept. deciding theyll probly appreciate it. and hey! I did young enterprise too!lol, never got past the bronze stage of DOE tho lol.

Lol.... Im seriously contemplating doin the final trek for my DOE gold. Too muck walkin.....aargh!!!!!!!!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• London School of Economics and Political Science
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 4 Jul '19

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (386)
30.93%
The paper was reasonable (490)
39.26%
Not feeling great about that exam... (216)
17.31%
It was TERRIBLE (156)
12.5%

Watched Threads