The Student Room Group

Still haven't received my Notification of Entitlement letter from Student Finance.

My online account shows a copy of the letter and it is dated 16th September 10 (last Thurs).

Everything else is sorted. My online account says what money I'm entitled to and the dates my loans/grants will be paid.

So what's going on :confused:

Last year I needed to hand in the letter at Uni so they could scan it and confirm my attendance, so I could get paid. Last year I got no money until the end of December :eek: Pleaseee not again!! :frown:

I'm going to phone them in the morning. Worried!! I totally forgot all about needing a letter, aaah!!

Also, when I had to do a pre-enrolment online, the Uni didn't seem to know anything about me paying my Tuition Fees using Student Finance. :confused: However, the Uni website was having technical difficulties.

Help!!
Reply 1
You should give Student Finance a call and inform them & ask whats going on.
Yeah, ring them up and get them to send it again.

You can also use the online form to send your declaration back before you receive your letter, heres the form

Signature Declaration
Reply 3
I already did the declaration, I'm past that stage, but thanks.

I've just phoned them and they said my letter was sent on the 15th and I should get it 10 days after. If that includes Saturdays, then I should get it next Monday (the day I'm back at Uni). If it doesn't include weekends at all, then I won't get it in time for Uni.

However, they gave me a Student Support Number and told me to give the Uni that when I go to enrol, so the Uni know my application is being processed. I asked if I would still get my Student Finance on time and she said yes. So fingers crossed!!
Reply 4
One thing that is worth doing is giving the SLC consent to share your information with your university. You can give it over the phone, and essentially this means someone from your uni can speak to the SLC on your behalf to see if there are any other issues with your loan.

This might prove to be quite productive, as in my experience, the SLC do have a habit of needlessly blaming the university for any delays, or just saying everything is okay when it isn’t, just to get students off the phone.

With that in mind, check with your university that they have received a SSAR (pronounced ‘sar&#8217:wink: file from the SLC. This is sent to the uni once the loan is ready, and is usually a pretty good indicator of whether the loan is actually ready to be paid or not.
Reply 5
I asked yesterday for the exact same thing, the online representative told me I can use my old entitlement letter to confirm attendence while waiting for a new one.
Reply 6
you can print it off online on ur SF. its under view correspondence
Reply 7
rajp02
you can print it off online on ur SF. its under view correspondence

But it won't be able to scan isn't it?
Reply 8
it shud do. thers about ten pages of it
Where can the entitlement document be printed?
Reply 10
I have my online entitlement letter but i need to print this off in full, and it will only let me print 2 pages. Does anybody know how i do this?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending