This discussion is closed.
Robyn
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
are their any acting schools in derbyshire?
are they exspenceive I love acting but i dont know if my pearents would be able to aford it
CHAD
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Robyn)
are their any acting schools in derbyshire?
are they exspenceive I love acting but i dont know if my pearents would be able to aford it

search on google
sergio Delor
Report 16 years ago
You should look on the stage. Or try and find your local stagecoach or theatre train.
poowpoow
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I live in derbyshire and i was in the same position but it depends how old you are because i think im too old for stagecoach and im only 18 cos i think it only goes up to a certain age and that is quite expensive so i didnt go when i was young enough. are you old enough to go to uni this year? my friend is applying to uni to do drama but shes also applied to a proper drama school - Guildford (the conservetoire). it costs a fortune per term but my drama teacher had recommended writing to accomplished actors because some of them sponsor young ppl to go to drama schools.
there are auditions for Derby youth theatre in september of every year and Derby community theatre in Jan, look in derby evening telegraph or phone up the playhouse.
Tigs
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I dont know anything about derbyshire, but I do know that if you are interested in applying to drama school, the accredited drama courses at, for eg. RADA, will offer grants. You have to be 18 when you audition through.
If you are interested in getting a scholarship from an actor or business, you need to supply them with cv & either a vid of u performing, or the date & venue of your next performance.
If you can get up to London, I would recommend checking out the NYT- National Youth Theatre. They will find sum1 to sponsor u during their courses if you audition successfully.
Gd luck!
Robyn
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by Tigs)
I dont know anything about derbyshire, but I do know that if you are interested in applying to drama school, the accredited drama courses at, for eg. RADA, will offer grants. You have to be 18 when you audition through.
If you are interested in getting a scholarship from an actor or business, you need to supply them with cv & either a vid of u performing, or the date & venue of your next performance.
If you can get up to London, I would recommend checking out the NYT- National Youth Theatre. They will find sum1 to sponsor u during their courses if you audition successfully.
Gd luck!
thanx for your advice
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (70)
18.82%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (76)
20.43%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (68)
18.28%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (78)
20.97%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (39)
10.48%
I haven't started researching yet (41)
11.02%

Watched Threads