Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    are their any acting schools in derbyshire?
    are they exspenceive I love acting but i dont know if my pearents would be able to aford it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robyn)
    are their any acting schools in derbyshire?
    are they exspenceive I love acting but i dont know if my pearents would be able to aford it

search on google

ReputationRep:
    You should look on the stage. Or try and find your local stagecoach or theatre train.

ReputationRep:
    I live in derbyshire and i was in the same position but it depends how old you are because i think im too old for stagecoach and im only 18 cos i think it only goes up to a certain age and that is quite expensive so i didnt go when i was young enough. are you old enough to go to uni this year? my friend is applying to uni to do drama but shes also applied to a proper drama school - Guildford (the conservetoire). it costs a fortune per term but my drama teacher had recommended writing to accomplished actors because some of them sponsor young ppl to go to drama schools.
    there are auditions for Derby youth theatre in september of every year and Derby community theatre in Jan, look in derby evening telegraph or phone up the playhouse.

ReputationRep:
    I dont know anything about derbyshire, but I do know that if you are interested in applying to drama school, the accredited drama courses at, for eg. RADA, will offer grants. You have to be 18 when you audition through.
    If you are interested in getting a scholarship from an actor or business, you need to supply them with cv & either a vid of u performing, or the date & venue of your next performance.
    If you can get up to London, I would recommend checking out the NYT- National Youth Theatre. They will find sum1 to sponsor u during their courses if you audition successfully.
    Gd luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tigs)
    I dont know anything about derbyshire, but I do know that if you are interested in applying to drama school, the accredited drama courses at, for eg. RADA, will offer grants. You have to be 18 when you audition through.
    If you are interested in getting a scholarship from an actor or business, you need to supply them with cv & either a vid of u performing, or the date & venue of your next performance.
    If you can get up to London, I would recommend checking out the NYT- National Youth Theatre. They will find sum1 to sponsor u during their courses if you audition successfully.
    Gd luck!
    thanx for your advice

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.