You reckon I've got the right things covered here? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Danithestudent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
I need to contact my Universities I've applied to in order to rectify an error on my form, do you think that this is ok to send to them?
________________________________ _________________________
UCAS Application No. **-******-*

Dear Sir or Madam

It has come to my attention recently that some of the information on my UCAS application form that has been forwarded to your institution is incorrect.
One of the General Certificates of Secondary Education awarded in Spanish has been inserted with the wrong examining board. It has been put down with the board of Edexcel as told to me by my previous college, however as I only recently received the certificates on the 14th of this month it has been brought to my attention that is a grade given by AQA.
Please could this be noted down for any checks that may occur when my application is reviewed for a placement on my chosen course.

Yours faithfully,

Miss D. G. Robinson
15/01/2004

________________________________ ___________________________
Whaddya reckon?
MattG
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
that looks good to me
George-W-Duck
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
That should be fine, i had the same problem but id put my job down as my dads (didnt read the smallprint), but i sent them an email on the same lines and they corrected it within a week. You might have an extra problem in the exam board shows up on your ucas form, but i wouldnt lose sleep, its hardly going to make the unis change their mind.
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
yeah I waited on the phone for 45 minutes yesterday for them to tell me it was not really a big deal they didn't run ANY checks on your GCSE grades!
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Looks fine - although it might save time on the university end if you specify the course you've applied for (some uni's hold applicant files centrally but if they hold applicant files out in departments/schools then it's worth making it easy for the central admissions office to know where to send the letter to get it attached to your file)
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
I guess that would be a good idea I mean all the courses but one have the same code. I'm trying to send a copy via e-mail as well but a lot of the Universities don't seem to have admissions e-mails for some reason
El_Borish
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
beautifully official-sounding
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Danithestudent)
I guess that would be a good idea I mean all the courses but one have the same code. I'm trying to send a copy via e-mail as well but a lot of the Universities don't seem to have admissions e-mails for some reason
Because they're scared of being bombarded - and they know that 90% of students are too scared to phone up and ask about things that they would email about in a second :rolleyes:
nikk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Danithestudent)
Not that I like to be picky, but it should be signed 'yours sincerely' instead of 'yours faithfully' if you start the letter with 'dear'.
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by El_Borish)
beautifully official-sounding
Better than my letter to the Times' complaining about their proposed new criteria (I just can't resist those brackets - even on official documents )
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by NikNak)
Not that I like to be picky, but it should be signed 'yours sincerely' instead of 'yours faithfully' if you start the letter with 'dear'.
No it's sincerely if you do know the name, faithfully if you don't (you're putting faith in the mystery person to help you).
El_Borish
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Pencil Queen)
Better than my letter to the Times' complaining about their proposed new criteria (I just can't resist those brackets - even on official documents )
...never saw that one - what new criteria?
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by El_Borish)
...never saw that one - what new criteria?
They've only asked for the tariff points for A levels - completely disincentivising universities from accepting applicants with 1 A level and a double AVCE.
viviki
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
It looks fine, if you hunt on the websites you can normally find some sort of email address for admissions. I'm sure it will be fine but they will appreciate you letting them know.
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I dont think it really matters as i'm sure UCAS has records of any grades you get and this is how if in doubt a University will check with UCAS for the authenticity of a grade/exam board.
Alexander
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Just a picky point -- you shouldn't sign yourself off as "Miss".
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
I just got the end part of all their e-mails and stuck admissions on the front, only one hasn't been delivered. I'll send a snail copy as well though just so they have something on record.
And, yes, sincerely is only for named persons.....that and I also find trouble spelling it.
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
(Original post by Alexander)
Just a picky point -- you shouldn't sign yourself off as "Miss".
I'm over 18 and I hate being referred to as Ms.
viviki
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I always sign myself as Miss on official things I absolutely hate Ms
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
It conjures up thoughts of gay divorcee's and spinsters....which I am most certainly not at 18 thank you very much!
It sounds rather pretentious as well as if to say, I'm not married but that doesn't mean I haven't been loved...etc.etc etc
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1462)
79.59%
Leave (375)
20.41%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed