Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

Missed my Induction - What will happen to me? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I have missed my induction today due to a family emergency, and want to know what will happen. During the Induction I was supposed to be collecting my Foundation Programme pack and College registration form + there were supposed to be some presentations about the course I am doing etc. Now I'm worried that they wont let me enrol.

So I just wanted to find out will I still be able to enrol and how important is the induction? My actual enrolment is tomorrow at 12.45, but am worried I might get a good ********** for not turning up to the induction and not be allowed to enrol.

Would appreciate some advice.

Thanks.

Note: Uni is Queen Mary

ReputationRep:
    should be ok as long as you didnt miss enrolment and tell them why u werent there...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EH18)
    should be ok as long as you didnt miss enrolment and tell them why u werent there...
    I hope so. It stated in the email I got about induction that you must attend the induction programme for your course. That's what worries me.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    It depends on the uni, and probably whether you have a good reason for missing it. Nobody here can tell you.

ReputationRep:
    Was it an emergency along the lines of a long term pets or a family member being seriously ill/dead, or was it 'The dog has gas, keep an eye on him.' ?

ReputationRep:
    You could email the person who runs your course and explain the situation?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: September 22, 2010
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Is GoT overrated?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.