for all you pro war people out there: Watch

This discussion is closed.
Vienna
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
Hmm. If I'm standing there with my gun aimed at a man crawling around on the floor, and this man suddenly reaches for a weapon... This man is now a dead man. I was asking if the man had made an attempt to pick up the weapon though. *shrugs* You're in a rather strange mood today vienna, did I miss something?
i think its love...
Bigcnee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Dickie)
dying man? what are you on (about)? standard procedure in war is to shoot the enemy, so its pretty easy to guess that the iraqi would have shot at the american
I also forgot that enjoyment in killing was a basic necessity in the American army.
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by vienna95)
i think its love...
We've never even met Vienna.
Dickie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Bigcnee)
I also forgot that enjoyment in killing was a basic necessity in the American army.
where is it suggested that enjoyment is envolved? its simply survival
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Considering;

"I can't see it"

You seem to be vehement in your defence.
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Survival??? My God thats a good one. I've actually just had to grab a glass of water. That one really made me laugh. Thanks lol. Survival via invading smaller powers that pose no threat to America??? LMAO Sorry, back in a tick still laughing. Not being sarcastic, that was really funny
Dickie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
Survival??? My God thats a good one. I've actually just had to grab a glass of water. That one really made me laugh. Thanks lol. Survival via invading smaller powers that pose no threat to America??? LMAO Sorry, back in a tick still laughing. Not being sarcastic, that was really funny
ok, what I meant is that its survival for the guys on the ground, who have been ordered to invade the smaller power posing no threat to america.
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
ok, what I meant is that its survival for the guys on the ground, who have been ordered to invade the smaller power posing no threat to america.
Have you seen the video clip?
Dickie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
no, i couldnt get to it. but ive read the thing underneath which describes it.
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
no, i couldnt get to it. but ive read the thing underneath which describes it.
Shut up, then.
Dickie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Shut up, then.
what a well thoguht-out argument
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I couldn't get this one to load, but I've seen enough similar clips to agree that it just wasn't 'survival'. Proably not even to be classified as murder either, because it is meant to be something of a war after all. But survival doesn't, simply does not include killing a man who is crawling around on the ground. Survival is killing someone who has every intention of killing you if they can get in first. Does this make sense Dickie?
Danithestudent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Everytime I try and watch it, it keeps trying to make me sign up and pay.
I get first hand accounts anyway, I've heard really nasty stories like my friend in Afghanistan, when that German bus blew up he grabbed someone's arms to pull them out...unfortunatley the rest of the person didn't seem to be attached to the arms.
Dickie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
I couldn't get this one to load, but I've seen enough similar clips to agree that it just wasn't 'survival'. Proably not even to be classified as murder either, because it is meant to be something of a war after all. But survival doesn't, simply does not include killing a man who is crawling around on the ground. Survival is killing someone who has every intention of killing you if they can get in first. Does this make sense Dickie?
in a way, but at the end of the day, it was a war. the iraqi was an enemy. would you wait around to see if he's gonna shoot at you?
Danithestudent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
in a way, but at the end of the day, it was a war. the iraqi was an enemy. would you wait around to see if he's gonna shoot at you?
I have to say I wasn't all pro-war but I'd rather people were pissed that we went to war than if we'd left it then something bad happened as the people that are annoyed we went to war would be annoyed we hadn't done anything. Ya know? Still doesn't condone it though, but it was better than Nuking them I suppose.
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yes. There was no certainty that he was going to try to kill. Perhaps wait a little longer, and if the bloke grabs a weapon, then slot him. Otherwise the benefit of the doubt must always be given.
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
How sensationalistic. :rolleyes:
realistic
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
what a well thoguht-out argument
I believe that you can't comment, when the topic is something you haven't seen.
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
This reminds me of what happens in Israel nearly every day when someone has blown him/herself up
MattG
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
for the first one if you want to see it go for direct download..u need quicktime for it to work
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (388)
67.24%
No (189)
32.76%

Watched Threads