for all you pro war people out there: Watch

This discussion is closed.
Bigcnee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by MattG)
for the first one if you want to see it go for direct download..u need quicktime for it to work
...or winamp
onearmedscissor
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Odd video, kill all potential enemies though in my opinion. That's the idea.
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by onearmedscissor)
Fair enough.
But taking pleasure in it is an extremely disturbing/harrowing image.
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Now define a potential enemy. Would it possibly be every citizen in Iraq who fits the description of 16-60 and male??? You twat.
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Bigcnee)
Fair enough.
Rather disgusting is the first thing I think of when I hear of those who take pleasure in killing.
Jonatan
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
Now define a potential enemy. Would it possibly be every citizen in Iraq who fits the description of 16-60 and male??? You twat.
Innocents get hurt in war, thats the nature of it. However, in the case of Iraq Saddam Husein annually killed many more than the entire war has done total so far. I therefore think it was good the US invaded and removed him from power. I am not very excited about their reasons for doing so however...
MattG
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
what i dont get with the helicopter vid is that there is a wounded iraqi crawling across the floor, why shoot him? seems very merciless and bloodthirsty to me. he could have been picked up and arrested
Dickie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I believe that you can't comment, when the topic is something you haven't seen.
seen the video now. my previous comments remain.

Folks, this is what happens in war. Two or more nations fight each other until one is forced to surrender. People die in wars. This simple premise has never changed.

And where do you get that they took pleasure from the killing?
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by MattG)
what i dont get with the helicopter vid is that there is a wounded iraqi crawling across the floor, why shoot him? seems very merciless and bloodthirsty to me. he could have been picked up and arrested
Sensible post, well done. You are one of the few.
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Dickie)
seen the video now. my previous comments remain.

Folks, this is what happens in war. Two or more nations fight each other until one is forced to surrender. People die in wars. This simple premise has never changed.

And where do you get that they took pleasure from the killing?
Look at the second link.
Jonatan
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by MattG)
Things are not always like they appear. Were you actually sitting in that helicopter seing the scene from teh pilots perspective? What were the other circumstances around the incident. Remember that circumstances are very special in a war. It is not like taking a stroll down the street.
Dickie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Look at the second link.
the second link on the airsoft forum, or the ABCnews article?

They are the same video
MattG
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by Jonatan)
Things are not always like they appear. Were you actually sitting in that helicopter seing the scene from teh pilots perspective? What were the other circumstances around the incident. Remember that circumstances are very special in a war. It is not like taking a stroll down the street.
have you been near a truck that has been blown up? have you been shot at by a 30mm cannon?! this guy has at least taken a few bullets. hes alive, down, wounded. anything he does in that condition isnt going to jepodise the lives of the helicopter crew.
Jonatan
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by MattG)
have you been near a truck that has been blown up? have you been shot at by a 30mm cannon?! this guy has at least taken a few bullets. hes alive, down, wounded. anything he does in that condition isnt going to jepodise the lives of the helicopter crew.
The question is what the helicopter crew knew at the time and whether they had time to evaluate the situation. When in combat you do not have time to take a second look. Sure it seems odd they could shoot someone who were that badly hurt, but you have to remember it may not have been so easy to deduce that he actually was hurt from their perspective. Also, its easy to sit here reasoning about what the pilots should have done. Out in teh field they have maybe a fraction of a secodn to make a decision.
onearmedscissor
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Fair enough.
Of course, you merely need to get the job done. It's inevitable that it's not going to be easy, it's better them than you. I'm being realistic here by the way, think about it.
onearmedscissor
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
Nice assumption you make, followed with an insult. Further amusement.
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Jonatan)
The question is what the helicopter crew knew at the time and whether they had time to evaluate the situation. When in combat you do not have time to take a second look. Sure it seems odd they could shoot someone who were that badly hurt, but you have to remember it may not have been so easy to deduce that he actually was hurt from their perspective. Also, its easy to sit here reasoning about what the pilots should have done. Out in teh field they have maybe a fraction of a secodn to make a decision.
Clear to see that you've never been in anything resembling a life threatening situation. Let me tell you that you either panic, or find yourself evaluating everything. The adrenalin factor allows this to happen, and you don't realise how fast everything is going. Yet there was nothing frantic about what the men in the chopper did. They simply didn't have any real fear there, and thus killed a wounded man they weren't even remotely afraid of.
Jonatan
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by MattG)
Also, did you read the post above the link?

(Original post by post)
Before anyone jumps to conclusions read the ABCnews link, according to that there was suspicious activity with an RPG sized/shaped object and this was in an area with heavy resistanced during the strongest fighting of the Iraq war.
This is exactly my point. You saw the situation from one angle, had plenty of tiem to watch and analyze it and you knew what was about to happen. The pilots had a very short time to make a decision without any prior knowledge under stressed conditions and a partially obstructed field of view (The field of view in a combat helicopter is always partially obstructed by the helictopter itself).
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Nice assumption you make, followed with an insult. Further amusement.
Put it together like that to save a lot of time evaluating you. You passed. Well done.
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Of course, you merely need to get the job done. It's inevitable that it's not going to be easy, it's better them than you. I'm being realistic here by the way, think about it.
I understand this, but I have zero respect for people that take particular pleasure out of murder.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (213)
67.83%
No (101)
32.17%

Watched Threads