Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by onearmedscissor)
    Dude, the guys just been ****ing decimated with apache missiles... he won't survive the journey back to base. What he would survive though, was informing nearby friendlies... there's always protection nearby for weapons conveys, they're the tide turner of battles.
    30mm canons. Not missiles. And again, how long would his mates with some AK47s turn up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kurdt Morello)
    By the way the Israeli land is terrorism but Palestinian land where the settlements impinge upon it is freedom fighting - Dictionary Defined - i should hope
    no. it is terrorism.

since u ask, The unlawful use or threatened use of force or violence by a person or an organized group against people or property with the intention of intimidating or coercing societies or governments, often for ideological or political reasons.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by onearmedscissor)
    Read my post.
    Read your post.

ReputationRep:
    Has somebody been watching 'Black Hawk Down' a million times? Looks like it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonatan)
    First of all, you did quiet explicitly say its freedom fighting when it occurs on palestinian land, which is wrong. Second the word antisemitism may come from teh construction anti - semite, but the meaning of the word is not what you want it to be. I know very well what antisemitism means, and i have heard people comming up with this ******** that antisemitism is also anti-arab views, which is not the case. There is a difference between teh origin of a word and its meaing. Go check a dictionary if you do not beleive me. Finally, not too long ago two BRITISH residents performed suecide bombings in Israel. Religious fanaticism is the reason ebhind, not poverty.
    agreed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    a tragic incident. but when you mingle with palestinians throwing stones and attacking israel military posts there will be an element of risk.
    you seem to think that the young men who make up the IDF do so for fun. they constantly live in fear for the next suicide bomber who will come to pass through their checkpoint. like yesterday, where, instead of following procedure, an Israeli soldier showed compassion to a mother crying that her metal chest implant could not pass through the metal detector. he took her aside for a body search and then she blew him up.
    this situation is incredibly difficult to judge.

no. the number of civilian casualties was estimated to be around 3-5000.

why? Israel has expressed its wish to its own land as agreed by a UN mandate. it is its surrounding Arab neighbours who have openly expressed their desire to wipe the Jews from the face of the planet. It is the backing of the US and their steadfast principle that a country has a right to exist that keeps the Israeli people in any kind of existance.
    America trusts Israel because they respect basic democratic principles, in the same way, they do not demand India to disarm.

Consider this, millions of EU taxpayers money goes directly to Palestinian terrorists. what is the difference between ur idea of a pro-Israeli US and a pro-Palestinian Europe? Europe is wrong.
    Ah - a fair point Vienna but checkpoints situations are closer contact than helicopter gunships from miles away - what are little boys going to do against those - but i take ur point to a degree and it is difficult to judge checkpoints.
    On ur point about the UN mandate - surely u know that the Israeli army is well equipped enough to deal with the all arab countries' antiquated soviet tanks and out of date missiles. There seems to be no difference between the two notions u speak of at the end but surely some people were upset about America also sponsoring the likes of Saddam and Bin Laden for their own needs - and lest we forget the IRA whose funding came from American irish citizens who terrorised our shores for so many decades

ReputationRep:
    the Israeli army is well equipped enough to deal with the all arab countries' antiquated soviet tanks and out of date missiles.
    is this before or after the US has closed down the WMD programs?
    which is it to be?

There seems to be no difference between the two notions u speak of at the end but surely some people were upset about America also sponsoring the likes of Saddam and Bin Laden for their own needs
    erm, not the turks, the eastern europeans, northern europeans,parts of Latin America and the rest of the western world.

- and lest we forget the IRA whose funding came from American irish citizens who terrorised our shores for so many decades
    hardly direct from Congress coffers.

ReputationRep:
    I take ur points about the meanings of anti-semitism - but...

(Original post by Jonatan)
    First of all, you did quiet explicitly say its freedom fighting when it occurs on palestinian land, which is wrong.
    Why is it wrong - this is what is happening in Kashmir between India and Pakistan yet it is called freedom fighting and US only recently started backing India by lifting embargoes on technology

. Finally, not too long ago two BRITISH residents performed suecide bombings in Israel. Religious fanaticism is the reason ebhind, not poverty.
    This religious fanaticism was as a result of adversity faced by muslims in West Bank - poverty contributes to this shocking trend which has close links (understated i know) to terrorism. This is a problem created by Israel and the West's encouragement both through sponsorship and heavy handedness

ReputationRep:
    is this before or after the US has closed down the WMD programs?
    which is it to be?

Well what WMD programmes? - forget what the danes have found for now because they are still checking out whether they could have used these in WMDs. the Libyans were hardly v. advanced either. So israel could have coped quite competently i would imagine

erm, not the turks, the eastern europeans, northern europeans,parts of Latin America and the rest of the western world.
    Why not? and if they werent then u forget the capacity for govts. to gloss over when it suits them too. Why attack Galloway or Livingstone when they are against (vehemently so) the war in Iraq when Rumsfeld was well known for selling Saddam alot of the weapons we are finding now.

And i take ur point about the Irish Americans but they should have been investigated for funding terrorism abroad because that is the US govts. responsibility

ReputationRep:
    Well what WMD programmes? - forget what the danes have found for now because they are still checking out whether they could have used these in WMDs. the Libyans were hardly v. advanced either. So israel could have coped quite competently i would imagine
    Libya, Syria, Iran, North Korea, Pakistan, Iraq. all had or have WMD programs in place. if you argue that because of US intervention and support for Israel, they dont really pose a threat, you justify my argument and i may ask, what is the problem?

Why not? and if they werent then u forget the capacity for govts. to gloss over when it suits them too.
    a small thing called Communism and the Cold War.

Why attack Galloway or Livingstone when they are against (vehemently so) the war in Iraq when Rumsfeld was well known for selling Saddam alot of the weapons we are finding now.
    because its all about America for them, nothing to do with the welfare of Iraqis. they wanted to see US soldiers die and the US fail, so they could say 'haha, suffer capitalists!'

And i take ur point about the Irish Americans but they should have been investigated for funding terrorism abroad because that is the US govts. responsibility
    in hindsight yes.

ReputationRep:
    vienna touch me you absolute saddo-masochistic goddess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattG)
    ok..im not sure about this at all.

***WARNING***GRAPHIC*****WAR FOOTAGE****

http://forums.ukairsoft.net/showthre...threadid=44267

this link above goes to the forum i saw it on. links there

im just shocked by it, the devastation caused by these machines is horrific

take a look if you really want too.

mods please delete this soon mind

Whoopty ****ing Do! I'm glad you've realised that in wars people actually yes thats right DIE.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MurphysMoment.)
    Whoopty ****ing Do! I'm glad you've realised that in wars people actually yes thats right DIE.
    Hiya MurphysMoment, would you mind popping me your e-mail in a private message or something so I can have a chat to you about Manchester Uni?

Thanks in advance,

ReputationRep:
    very refreshing....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dickie)
    a non-combatant with a rifle?
    as 2776 said, the man should have been captured, not killed. They had a chopper, local air superiority, certainly superior firepower to anything that was in the close vicinity. But they killed him, I'm not sure which is worse now. Your arrogance and ignorance, or the American war crime depicted.

ReputationRep:
    i know, but a lot of ppl are happy to argue their moral abcs without witnessing what wars really about.

ReputationRep:
    It's amazing how so many of the "I'd have shot him" people, sound like Gareth from 'The Office'.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.