Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jimmyatemyworld)
    I completely disagree! It shows you are totally committed to studying the subject, one of the main aspects they are looking for. You've made the effort to save up the money (which anyone can do), you've made an even bigger to go abroad to see a different legal system and it's law based work experience no matter what.
    You can show you're commited to the subject in many ways. Doing a whole lot of work experience at local firms is sufficient. Saving up for something like that is all well and good if your parents are going to fund everything else you need whilst saving for it.

ReputationRep:
    has anybody got an offer from Sussex ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smallfish)
    :beard: Hmm.. Warwick just acknowledged my application again! After already doing so in November. Has this happened to anyone?
    Me too, they sent me another one yesterday after acknowledging me in October how odd

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howellsy)
    I ended up with acknowledgements in October and November. I think people have probably gone to them worried about not being acknowledged, so they've sent out acknowledgements again to anyone who applied after October.
    Ah thanks for letting me know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JH-QC)
    Me too, they sent me another one yesterday after acknowledging me in October how odd
    Well they sent mine again after I emailed them about an unrelated query. Maybe they thought it was some sort of subtle hint.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=krishanchopra;29512860]it was 3 As and 7 Bs have i gotta chance?[/QUOTE
    ]
    thats good as long as tou think ur alevesl out-weigh them

ReputationRep:
    Offer from Warwick!!! sweet

ReputationRep:
    Just saw my offer to read law at LSE conditional on me getting A*AA !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LornaSandison1)
    You can show you're commited to the subject in many ways. Doing a whole lot of work experience at local firms is sufficient. Saving up for something like that is all well and good if your parents are going to fund everything else you need whilst saving for it.
    Yes but if you have experience at home AND abroad it's always going to look more impressive. You can't deny that it evokes a bit more of a 'wow' than doing your run of the mill solicitors work. The more work experience = the better, including work experience abroad. And it's not a crime for your parents to fund the food that goes into your mouth lolz

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daisy.noble)
    Do you?! Inbox me on fb or something so i know who you are! Small world
    I ended up going for Corpus Christi in the end... not that it matters coz my interview went terribly so i'm awaiting my rejection I see you applied to Catz! X
    congratsss! did u get an interview first b4 they actuli gave u an offer? and how was ur LNAT?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bexxy_2010)
    I got like a pretty bad LNAT score last year but eventually did get an offer from Bristol in about March. So maybe you're in like the maybe pile? I'm in the same boat but hoping they'll offer me last year.
    I've only just seen this! haha.

Ahhhh that's comforting, thanks very much. Fingers crossed! Lol. Do you go to Bristol now??

ReputationRep:
    Yes but if you have experience at home AND abroad it's always going to look more impressive. You can't deny that it evokes a bit more of a 'wow' than doing your run of the mill solicitors work. The more work experience = the better, including work experience abroad. And it's not a crime for your parents to fund the food that goes into your mouth lolz
    I didn't say it was! Just some people aren't as fortunate that your parents pay for your computer, mobile phone etc etc whilst you are saving up for a trip to The Hague.

Yes, it does evoke 'wow' factor, but ask any admissions tutor and I doubt they'd give someone who has experience at a foreign office a place over someone who doesn't, purely on those grounds.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howellsy)
    I ended up with acknowledgements in October and November. I think people have probably gone to them worried about not being acknowledged, so they've sent out acknowledgements again to anyone who applied after October.
    I have been instructed by a certain gentleman to keep reminding people that Warwick take forever, and that this particularly scholar didn't receive his offer until April last year. So, be reminded, and don't anybody be panickin'.

I'm panickin' that I haven't had a third acknowledgement now though :erm:

ReputationRep:
    Don't be ridiculous bro.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Potiron)
    I have been instructed by a certain gentleman to keep reminding people that Warwick take forever, and that this particularly scholar didn't receive his offer until April last year. So, be reminded, and don't anybody be panickin'.

I'm panickin' that I haven't had a third acknowledgement now though :erm:
    Oh no I was just explaining that the whole two acknowledgement thing was nothing out of the ordinary. I'm keeping sane at the moment with the "no news is good news" philosophy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anoushka1)
    So far I have

Cambridge: A*AA
    LSE: A*AA
    Queen Mary's : AAA
    King's College London: No reply
    UCL: Rejected!! (today so gutted kind of wanted them as my back up but oh well life goes on) lol

Hope all you lovely people get your offers!

Kind of worried as I was rejected on the basis of my LNAT so maybe I will get rejected from Kings too
    ooh, well done on Cambridge and LSE!!!
    soz about the UCL rejection,
    so far i've got Cambridge (A*AA) and durham (AAA),
    still no reply form warwick UCL and Bristol,
    which college in Cambridge?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stafford1992)
    :five: college?

I'm going to Magdalene.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stafford1992)
    Thank you and congratulations on your offers!!! Amazing you have a great firm and back up
    Unfortunately I cant put LSE as my back up but oh well
    Im sure youll get your other offers

I got into Selwyn, its right near the Law Faculty! So hopefully will be seeing you in lectures
    What college in Cambridge for you?

ReputationRep:
    Course: LLB Law
    University: LSE
    Offer: A*AA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xumam)
    Course: LLB Law
    University: LSE
    Offer: A*AA
    Good.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 9, 2011
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.