Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have an offer from Bristol to do their MA in Law, basically a senior status law degree.

Anybody else doing the same, or have experience of said course?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LondonTownGirl)
    WOW that's really brave but is that really the smartest thing to do? I mean what if you don't make the offers grade? an A* and 2 As aren't exactly a guarantee. and you never know you could be getting an offer from all 3 if you just have a little patience.
    He has an unconditional from LSE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LondonTownGirl)
    WOW that's really brave but is that really the smartest thing to do? I mean what if you don't make the offers grade? an A* and 2 As aren't exactly a guarantee. and you never know you could be getting an offer from all 3 if you just have a little patience.
    I've already taken my A-levels, the offer is unconditional

ReputationRep:
    Rejected from Leicester, by letter. They have yet to update track.

Ucas sent 11/1/11.

Harsh. But most probably fair.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by symone27)
    not atm, but that was happening to me like a week or so ago. dw it'll sort itself out
    Haha, OK thanks !
    Congrats on your offer

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if we get our Jan resit marks back, before we have to decide on firm/insurance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by High As A Kite)
    Does anyone know if we get our Jan resit marks back, before we have to decide on firm/insurance?
    We get marks from january modules in march, and have to firm/insurance in may.
    So, yes, we do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TimmonaPortella)
    We get marks from january modules in march, and have to firm/insurance in may.
    So, yes, we do.
    whoa, May! plenty of time haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brownies:))
    Yep! I did just before xmas!

Course: LLB Law
    University: Sussex
    Offer: AAB or A*BB

What about you?
    yh gt one today
    AAB
    X

ReputationRep:
    Course: LLB Law
    University: Nottingham
    Offer: AAA (i think, track is down)

Well done!!! When did you receive the offer, today?
    I'm sick of waiting for a reply

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MessyLJH)
    Rejected from Leicester, by letter. They have yet to update track.

Ucas sent 11/1/11.

Harsh. But most probably fair.
    To be fair, you did send the application pretty late (I thought I was really late when my ucas was sent 16/12/10).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jhnj92)
    To be fair, you did send the application pretty late (I thought I was really late when my ucas was sent 16/12/10).
    I think it was a case of me trying to punch above my weight rather than the timing of my application.

I received two offers in two weeks, so I'm not too bothered .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MessyLJH)
    I think it was a case of me trying to punch above my weight rather than the timing of my application.

I received two offers in two weeks, so I'm not too bothered .
    Excellent, congrats anyway

ReputationRep:
    Offer from Nottingham woop
    AAA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cem79)
    Well done!!! When did you receive the offer, today?
    I'm sick of waiting for a reply
    Thanks and yesterday morning. I thought for sure that the email was a rejection from kcl haha

ReputationRep:
    i got an email from ucas saying my track had been updated at like half 7 this morning, but then ucas was down. so i logged onto the nottingham application website thing and it said they were making me an offer
    Hi, i'm still waiting to hear from nottingham. What is the application website thing? I don't know anything about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurenisheeee)
    Hi, i'm still waiting to hear from nottingham. What is the application website thing? I don't know anything about it.
    did you not get an email from them? its this https://my.nottingham.ac.uk/media/uk...ss/layout/psp/

the "applicant portal"

ReputationRep:
    So I was wondering which would be better for Law, UCL or Nottingham? I know of the obvious reasons for UCL but I thought Nottingham is well respected for Law too. Anyone know much more about the benefits of the two that would help me come to a decision?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smallfish)
    So I was wondering which would be better for Law, UCL or Nottingham? I know of the obvious reasons for UCL but I thought Nottingham is well respected for Law too. Anyone know much more about the benefits of the two that would help me come to a decision?
    They're both good uni's, certainly. UCL wins on world (and UK) prestige, and is in London, which is a big plus (it would be for me, anyway. London kicks ass).

ReputationRep:
    Unconditional offers from Dundee (English Law) and Nottingham so far!
    2 down, 3 more to go:excited:

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.