Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have an offer from Bristol to do their MA in Law, basically a senior status law degree.

Anybody else doing the same, or have experience of said course?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LondonTownGirl)
    WOW that's really brave but is that really the smartest thing to do? I mean what if you don't make the offers grade? an A* and 2 As aren't exactly a guarantee. and you never know you could be getting an offer from all 3 if you just have a little patience.
    He has an unconditional from LSE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LondonTownGirl)
    WOW that's really brave but is that really the smartest thing to do? I mean what if you don't make the offers grade? an A* and 2 As aren't exactly a guarantee. and you never know you could be getting an offer from all 3 if you just have a little patience.
    I've already taken my A-levels, the offer is unconditional

ReputationRep:
    Rejected from Leicester, by letter. They have yet to update track.

Ucas sent 11/1/11.

Harsh. But most probably fair.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by symone27)
    not atm, but that was happening to me like a week or so ago. dw it'll sort itself out
    Haha, OK thanks !
    Congrats on your offer

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if we get our Jan resit marks back, before we have to decide on firm/insurance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by High As A Kite)
    Does anyone know if we get our Jan resit marks back, before we have to decide on firm/insurance?
    We get marks from january modules in march, and have to firm/insurance in may.
    So, yes, we do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TimmonaPortella)
    We get marks from january modules in march, and have to firm/insurance in may.
    So, yes, we do.
    whoa, May! plenty of time haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brownies:))
    Yep! I did just before xmas!

Course: LLB Law
    University: Sussex
    Offer: AAB or A*BB

What about you?
    yh gt one today
    AAB
    X

ReputationRep:
    Course: LLB Law
    University: Nottingham
    Offer: AAA (i think, track is down)

Well done!!! When did you receive the offer, today?
    I'm sick of waiting for a reply

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MessyLJH)
    Rejected from Leicester, by letter. They have yet to update track.

Ucas sent 11/1/11.

Harsh. But most probably fair.
    To be fair, you did send the application pretty late (I thought I was really late when my ucas was sent 16/12/10).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jhnj92)
    To be fair, you did send the application pretty late (I thought I was really late when my ucas was sent 16/12/10).
    I think it was a case of me trying to punch above my weight rather than the timing of my application.

I received two offers in two weeks, so I'm not too bothered .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MessyLJH)
    I think it was a case of me trying to punch above my weight rather than the timing of my application.

I received two offers in two weeks, so I'm not too bothered .
    Excellent, congrats anyway

ReputationRep:
    Offer from Nottingham woop
    AAA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cem79)
    Well done!!! When did you receive the offer, today?
    I'm sick of waiting for a reply
    Thanks and yesterday morning. I thought for sure that the email was a rejection from kcl haha

ReputationRep:
    i got an email from ucas saying my track had been updated at like half 7 this morning, but then ucas was down. so i logged onto the nottingham application website thing and it said they were making me an offer
    Hi, i'm still waiting to hear from nottingham. What is the application website thing? I don't know anything about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurenisheeee)
    Hi, i'm still waiting to hear from nottingham. What is the application website thing? I don't know anything about it.
    did you not get an email from them? its this https://my.nottingham.ac.uk/media/uk...ss/layout/psp/

the "applicant portal"

ReputationRep:
    So I was wondering which would be better for Law, UCL or Nottingham? I know of the obvious reasons for UCL but I thought Nottingham is well respected for Law too. Anyone know much more about the benefits of the two that would help me come to a decision?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smallfish)
    So I was wondering which would be better for Law, UCL or Nottingham? I know of the obvious reasons for UCL but I thought Nottingham is well respected for Law too. Anyone know much more about the benefits of the two that would help me come to a decision?
    They're both good uni's, certainly. UCL wins on world (and UK) prestige, and is in London, which is a big plus (it would be for me, anyway. London kicks ass).

ReputationRep:
    Unconditional offers from Dundee (English Law) and Nottingham so far!
    2 down, 3 more to go:excited:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 9, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.