Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studentee)
    Yeah .... it is mighty competitive so getting an offer is some feat.

There does seem to be lengthy deliberation over applications so I am preparing myself for an anxious wait having applied relatively close to the deadline!

Are you thinking of firming Warwick?
    I'm sure you'll be fine What are your grades?

I'm not sure where to firm! I always thought I'd firm Nottingham, although I have no reply yet :/ but I think Warwick might be the way to go... what do you think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *BB*)
    I'm sure you'll be fine What are your grades?

I'm not sure where to firm! I always thought I'd firm Nottingham, although I have no reply yet :/ but I think Warwick might be the way to go... what do you think?
    aaaa at AS, so fingers x'd ....

I'm not that informed on the whole reputation thing, but my major reservation about Warwick is its location.

I've got an offer from Manchester and have applied to QMUL too. Warwick's probably ahead of them both in terms of repute, though even if I was fortunate enough to receive an offer from Warwick then I'd still have to weigh the whole thing up.

Nottingham seems to combine the outstanding reputation and the fantastic location (from my point of view of course!), though obviously has different ideas on what they want from uni!

Either way, nice dilemma to have when the Notts offer comes through!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lfcwatcher)
    can i ask when did you send you application of and when did you receive a diction from UCL, i applied there too and am quite worried
    i sent my application in oct 2xth and got rejected in mid jan
    i think it must be partially because of my lnat but they didnt say about my lnat in the letter...
    dont worry if your lnat isnt that bad, cause ive got a terrible 18 and i deserve the rejection:p:S

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by High As A Kite)
    Well I may be wrong, and I did wish for the term to be used loosely.

The main lectures are held at Streatham. There is also an emphasis on virtual lectures between the two campuses - and since the 'main lectures' are held at Streatham, I fear many at Cornwall will be left learning from videos.

This is why students studying law at Cornwall transfer to Streatham in their final year. -- The staff at Exeter obviously think the teaching/resources at Streatham are better, otherwise they'd all stay at Cornwall.
    Completely erroneous statement.

The current intake (2011) will be the first year to transfer to the main campus in their third year as Exeter are transferring their whole law department to Streatham. This is in the hope it will strengthen their department as a whole.

Correct, whilst their are some lectures which will be sat through video, on the whole CC have strong lecturers with heavy research interests. It is a more than adequate place to study for a law degree.

Regardless of the campus, the degree is from 'Exeter'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studentee)
    aaaa at AS, so fingers x'd ....

I'm not that informed on the whole reputation thing, but my major reservation about Warwick is its location.

I've got an offer from Manchester and have applied to QMUL too. Warwick's probably ahead of them both in terms of repute, though even if I was fortunate enough to receive an offer from Warwick then I'd still have to weigh the whole thing up.

Nottingham seems to combine the outstanding reputation and the fantastic location (from my point of view of course!), though obviously has different ideas on what they want from uni!

Either way, nice dilemma to have when the Notts offer comes through!!

Yeah... weird location :P Congrats on your offers Ahh, I'm so confused haha. I can have a long, hard think... I think it should be if the Notts offer comes through! 17 on LNAT and don't know the cut-off point Thanks for your advice
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Guys, my friend got 15 in the LNAT and got rejected from KCL and is now waiting on UCL. I know that there's a 99.5% chance that she'll get rejected from there, but I can't bring myself to tell her as I fear that it'll sound rude.

:erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *BB*)
    Yeah... weird location :P Congrats on your offers Ahh, I'm so confused haha. I can have a long, hard think... I think it should be if the Notts offer comes through! 17 on LNAT and don't know the cut-off point Thanks for your advice
    I've emailed them asking them if they operate a cut off point for the LNAT, so waiting for their response and I'll let you know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infamy21)
    Completely erroneous statement.

The current intake (2011) will be the first year to transfer to the main campus in their third year as Exeter are transferring their whole law department to Streatham. This is in the hope it will strengthen their department as a whole.

Correct, whilst their are some lectures which will be sat through video, on the whole CC have strong lecturers with heavy research interests. It is a more than adequate place to study for a law degree.

Regardless of the campus, the degree is from 'Exeter'.
    How is it completely erroneous?

I didn't mention that this year would/would not be the first to transfer - I know they are, but it doesn't matter. I know the degree is from 'Exeter', but again, that's irrelevant....

edit - i think your response was pointless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howellsy)
    I've emailed them asking them if they operate a cut off point for the LNAT, so waiting for their response and I'll let you know.
    Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. I've been looking for this for days. Rep.
    I guess I could've emailed myself but I presumed someone else must've done, but no-one replied to my posts :P
    Can't rep atm but will.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doughnuts!!)
    Guys, my friend got 15 in the LNAT and got rejected from KCL and is now waiting on UCL. I know that there's a 99.5% chance that she'll get rejected from there, but I can't bring myself to tell her as I fear that it'll sound rude.

So don't say anything bro. Tell her she has a good shot, not to worry, etc. etc. I gave you some + rep because for some reason you got negged lol.

ReputationRep:
    Interview for Law with French law at UCL (especially pleased as I just found out I got 19 on the LNAT, and thought I'd blown it!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *BB*)
    Hi, thank you. I received a UCAS Track update email around half six last night, then received an email from the University itself at 8pm. I was quite shocked to be honest :P
    And thanks for the Notts info

Where have you applied?
    Offers from:

Liverpool, Sheffield and Leicester.

Interview at York and waiting on Warwick.

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only one, that hasn't received any offers or rejections so far??? Though I applied rather late (11.January) but still...It's driving me crazy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mandds)
    Am I the only one, that hasn't received any offers or rejections so far??? Though I applied rather late (11.January) but still...It's driving me crazy
    where did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    where did you apply?
    Nottingham, KCL, UCL, LSE, QMU
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by adam0311)
    So don't say anything bro. Tell her she has a good shot, not to worry, etc. etc. I gave you some + rep because for some reason you got negged lol.
    Yeah, that's what I said to her when she told me, but I felt awful inside.

Somebody with quite powerful rep negged me... :beard:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, that's what I said to her when she told me, but I felt awful inside.

Somebody with quite powerful rep negged me... :beard:
    It happens bro.

There's this American getting neg repped left, right and sideways in the LSE '11 thread. I'm debating with him about a couple schools in the US vs. LSE. And he's putting LSE down in the the LSE thread. He must have at least 8 negs cumulative.

ReputationRep:

So don't say anything? :dontknow:

EDIT: If she applied early, it looks like it didn't matter much anyway, or she'd have been 'jected by now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by High As A Kite)
    Well I may be wrong, and I did wish for the term to be used loosely.

The main lectures are held at Streatham. There is also an emphasis on virtual lectures between the two campuses - and since the 'main lectures' are held at Streatham, I fear many at Cornwall will be left learning from videos.

This is why students studying law at Cornwall transfer to Streatham in their final year. -- The staff at Exeter obviously think the teaching/resources at Streatham are better, otherwise they'd all stay at Cornwall.

You're wrong.

Lectures are taught on both campuses. For some modules, they are video-linked, Streatham to Cornwall. In other modules, they are video-linked, Cornwall to Streatham. In other modules they are not video-linked at all. Lecturers also make the effort to go to the 'other' campus and teach some lectures from there if they will be video-linking.

The transfer to Streatham from Cornwall only applies to students seeking entry in 2011(2012?) as the main plan for Cornwall is to develop it as an environment research hub. Subsequently it is to the best of my knowledge that only the Enviromental LLM will be done at Cornwall.

This is the link where you can read exactly what the plan is for the Cornwall Campus: http://www.exeter.ac.uk/ESI/documents/ESISummary.pdf
    And here is the reasoning explicitly stating the reason the final year of your degree will be completed at the Streatham Campus.
    (Original post by http://www.exeter.ac.uk/cornwall/undergraduate/)
    * As part of a strategy to strengthen the School of Law and increase the value of our degrees, the LLB in Cornwall will move to the Streatham Campus in Exeter from 2013. The aim is to concentrate the teaching expertise and research resources of both campuses in one location, improving module choice across the School and enhancing the student experience.

If you join us as an LLB student in Cornwall in September 2011 you will spend your first and second years in Cornwall and your final year at the Streatham Campus where you will benefit from the changes we are making.

Joint Honours students will remain at the Cornwall Campus where the programmes will be differentiated by our intention to develop world-class research and teaching in environmental law alongside the new Environment and Sustainability Institute.
    (Original post by D.R.E)
    I'm also curious about this, I have some guys on facebook in all sorts of vitriolic rage cos they got offers from the Cornwall Campus; what's the difference?
    There isn't any.

ReputationRep:
    Wow reading though this im shocked ive recieved any replies.
    I got 7 A's, B, 2C's an F and U at GCSE

2A's a D, an E and 4 U's at AS (obviously i resat my first year)
    am now targeted 3 A's

So far ive got

Exeter Law M103 , AAA
    Exeter Law (cornwall campus) M105 AAB

which are my desired first and insurance anyway but im still waiting on
    Cardiff Law
    Cardiff Law and Politics
    Queen Mary Law

Although ive been invited to an open day for cardiff so i know i will be getting offers(i rang and asked) . I've given up on Queen Mary now though, reading this thread had been soul destroying haha

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.