• PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Course: LLB Law
    University: Birmingham
    Offer: AAA

UCAS sent: 12th October 2010
    Offer receieved: 16th November 2010

REALLY happy 'cos Birmingham is one half of my LNAT unis and I thought that I did terribly on the LNAT! My essay must have saved me!

ReputationRep:
    anothe b'ham offer:

AAA
    Law and French
    22nd Sep
    16th Nov

ReputationRep:
    Me too was not expecting that. Must mean I have done okay in my LNAT

LLB Law
    Southampton
    AAA
    Sent: 4th Nov
    Received: 15th

LLB Law
    Birmingham
    Sent: 4th Nov
    Received: 16th Nov

What a good two days I didn't think I'd get any offers as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ufochaffeuress)
    I want to do so many A-levels because I would like a challenge. If you're GCSE grades were high, undoubtedly you are most like to get 4As in your A-levels. Why follow the same route as the majority? Most of what I study are the maths and science subjects and those are the ones that are the toughest. You'd easily be able to study the other less academic subjects like sociology with a book at home. Anyone can do it that's all I'm saying.
    Why not do IB instead then?

ReputationRep:
    Yet another Birmingham. So relieved my LNAT must've not been too bad. Two to go

UCAS sent: 1st October 2010

Still waiting on Exeter and Bristol, then. So far Birmingham AAA, Cardiff AAA and Reading AAB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doughnuts!!)

UCAS sent: 12th October 2010

REALLY happy 'cos Birmingham is one half of my LNAT unis and I thought that I did terribly on the LNAT! My essay must have saved me!
    Really happy for you! I know you were dying for an offer from Birmingham lol!!! I thought my LNAT went badly too but Birmingham don't seem to think so lol! I got an offer too so maybe I will see you there? Good Luck for the rest of the UCAS process.

ReputationRep:
    Offer: AA D3 in Pre-U

UCAS sent: 26th October (LNAT taken 3rd November)

University: Southampton

Offer receieved: 2nd November 2010

So happy!! Also applied to Notts, Warick and Bristol...hopefully they don't make me wait until Feb...

ReputationRep:
    I just got rejected by UCL due to my LNAT :P But I got into Birmingham so that will be my firm. My LNAT was good enough for Birmingham but not UCL so can't have been that bad! I am so happy, don't think I could have chosen between UCL and Birmingham!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lattywatty)
    Yet another Birmingham. So relieved my LNAT must've not been too bad. Two to go

UCAS sent: 1st October 2010

Still waiting on Exeter and Bristol, then. So far Birmingham AAA, Cardiff AAA and Reading AAB
    hi what are you pridicted?

ReputationRep:

UCAS sent: 26th October 2010 (LNAT taken 3rd Nov)
    Offer recieved: 2nd November 2010

UCAS sent: 26th October 2010
    Offer recieved: 16th November 2010

So happy!! Also applied to Notts, Warwick, and Bristol. Hopefully they don't make me wait until February...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fisayo16)
    Uni: East Anglia
    Offer AAB

UCAS Sent: 4th November
    Offer received: 11th November
    Hey congratulations on your offer!
    I just wanted to ask did you receive an acknowledgement from UEA or just an offer? It's just I sent my application off a week ago and haven't heard anything yet.

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by isrox08)
    I just got rejected by UCL due to my LNAT :P But I got into Birmingham so that will be my firm. My LNAT was good enough for Birmingham but not UCL so can't have been that bad! I am so happy, don't think I could have chosen between UCL and Birmingham!!!
    ohhh man! when did you send yours off..and they specifically said it was due to your lnat score? im doomed then. Thats weird as Birmingham accepted you! when did you send of your application btw?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by isrox08)
    Sorry to hear that! When did you do your LNAT?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lfcwatcher)
    hi what are you pridicted?

Hey I'm predicted A*AA in History, Chemistry and Maths. I got AAAA at AS; fourth in English Lit. My subjects are all very traditional which I think has helped me. How about you?

ReputationRep:
    Offer from cardiff
    conditional-AAA or AABB or AAB and pass in welsh baq
    ucass sent- 3/11/10
    offer recived 16/11/10

ReputationRep:
    University: Reading
    Offer: AAB
    UCAS sent: 8th November 2010
    Offer received: 16th November 2010

(will edit as offers come in, rather than spam with lots of separate posts)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JEMSB12)
    Hey congratulations on your offer!
    I just wanted to ask did you receive an acknowledgement from UEA or just an offer? It's just I sent my application off a week ago and haven't heard anything yet.

Thank you
    Hello, I received an acknowledgement when they got it which was about 2 days after I sent my ucas off and then I got the offer. However, some of my other unis didnt acknowledge me for a while so it could take some time I guess. You will probably get it soon! Goodluck!

ReputationRep:

UCAS sent: 15th October 2010
    Offer received: 27th October 2010

University: Sussex
    Offer: AAB

Offer received: 1st November 2010

Offer received: 16th November 2010

HAPPY TIMES

Congrats everyone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fer'Flo'Fly)
    ohhh man! when did you send yours off..and they specifically said it was due to your lnat score? im doomed then. Thats weird as Birmingham accepted you! when did you send of your application btw?
    No, you're not doomed! You don't know your score yet!
    It was specifically due to my LNAT. This is what they said:
    "Regrettably, your performance in the LNAT does not meet the required level for further consideration of your application".

To be honest I thought my LNAT went horrifically so I am still shocked that Birmingham accepted me, but from what I have gathered from TSR they don't require as high of a score. I sent my UCAS on 12th October. I am actually relieved I got rejected from UCL... in a wierd way! I have heard from all 5 of my choices now. 4/5 offers isn't bad so just gotta get AAA!

(Original post by JH-QC)
    Sorry to hear that! When did you do your LNAT?
    I sat my LNAT on October 26th. Good Luck! Remember the LNAT is only one part of your application!

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=isrox08;28532625]No, you're not doomed! You don't know your score yet!
    It was specifically due to my LNAT. This is what they said:
    "Regrettably, your performance in the LNAT does not meet the required level for further consideration of your application".

To be honest I thought my LNAT went horrifically so I am still shocked that Birmingham accepted me, but from what I have gathered from TSR they don't require as high of a score. I sent my UCAS on 12th October. I am actually relieved I got rejected from UCL... in a wierd way! I have heard from all 5 of my choices now. 4/5 offers isn't bad so just gotta get AAA!

woww welldone..which 4?
    i sat my LNAT on the 16th of October i think, i didnt know UCL had a cut off mark

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 9, 2011
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.