Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Just created an account on here, so I'll put what offers I have so far.

University of Birmingam: Conditional (AAA)
    Newcastle University: Conditional (AAA)
    Lancaster University: Conditional (AAA)
    University of Nottingham: Conditional (AAA) (Yay!)

Still waiting on Durham, but I've checked my AES and my application has been passed on to a college, which hopefully is a good sign.

LNAT Score: 23/42

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lis10)
    Congrats on those wonderful offers! Which one are you firming? Did your Warwick offer show up on track or by post? I am still waiting to hear ...
    Thanks . Yh ucas track sent me an email about my Warwick offer yesterday, and they seem to have started responding to offers this week, so im sure u will hear from them soon. Not quite sure which uni im gonna firm at this point though tbh, I havent visited warwick so i guess im gonna have to do that before i decide.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cast.Iron)
    The conditions are:

A*AA in any order in - English Literature, History, Government and Politics.

Grade B in English Language.

My UMS grades for my other three subjects are actually higher than my English Language UMS grades, but I am concerned about the lack of text book in Politics and the shoddy teaching of History.

I am confident in English Lit though :cool:.
    Get Political Ideologies by Andrew Heywood! (If you're doing the ideologies side of the course in Politics)

What course are you doing in history?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xsexygyalx)
    congrats on getting all 5 offers! do you mind telling me your predictions, ASes and gcses? thankyouuu
    *4 offers you mean haha. Not particularly outstanding academic results

GCSEs: 3A*s 5As(including As in ancient greek and Latin) and 3Bs

Predicted: A*AA

And regarding AS exams in my school we do all our exams at the end of our second year so im doing both my AS and A2 exams this year in all my subjects. So my school used general school work and the AS exams from the previous year as internal exams to decide our predicted grades. Though i did take AS philosophy last year and i got an A in that, but I dropped it as I didnt really like it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jcking)
    Just created an account on here, so I'll put what offers I have so far.

University of Birmingam: Conditional (AAA)
    Newcastle University: Conditional (AAA)
    Lancaster University: Conditional (AAA)
    University of Nottingham: Conditional (AAA) (Yay!)

Still waiting on Durham, but I've checked my AES and my application has been passed on to a college, which hopefully is a good sign.

LNAT Score: 23/42
    Well done on all your offers and your lnat! Do you mind me asking your gcse's and predictions? I've also applied to Durham and Nottingham but my lnat score is nowhere near as good as yours..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by forestgumper)
    What was your lnat score?
    21 - you waiting to hear from Nottingham?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hannahx04)
    21 - you waiting to hear from Nottingham?
    Yes but I got 17 so when I do hear..it'll be a ;/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teaandcoffee)
    There were loads on Friday! But I think about half of people were parents. They have 4 law days though don't they? We will find them ! :holmes:
    I think there were about 40ish students there, and there are three other visit days too, yeah. She said they took 165 people a year, so there'll be a couple I reckon. We will have to keep looking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Potiron)
    I think there were about 40ish students there, and there are three other visit days too, yeah. She said they took 165 people a year, so there'll be a couple I reckon. We will have to keep looking.
    1000 applicants per year :eek: that is a lot for 165 places don't you think? :confused:

Well we have offers Woop.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jakko247)
    Get Political Ideologies by Andrew Heywood! (If you're doing the ideologies side of the course in Politics)

What course are you doing in history?
    If only I was doing the ideologies course! Instead, I am doing the course which has the environment and the welfare state in . There's no text book either, so I have to rely on the notes which I have made when extremely bored.

I am doing Superpower Relations 1944-1990 for History, with a strong focus on historiography. The course is fine but the teaching has been so awful that the head of History has had to give us a new teacher following a string of complaints over the last one. I've purchased the Cambridge perspectives in History book on the Cold War in addition to the exam textbook and a load of articles. I will also probably buy a book with a more Soviet interpretation of the Cold War to counteract the Western dogma of most contemporary texts on the Cold War.

ReputationRep:
    If only I was doing the ideologies course! Instead, I am doing the course which has the environment and the welfare state in . There's no text book either, so I have to rely on the notes which I have made when extremely bored.

I am doing Superpower Relations 1944-1990 for History, with a strong focus on historiography. The course is fine but the teaching has been so awful that the head of History has had to give us a new teacher following a string of complaints over the last one. I've purchased the Cambridge perspectives in History book on the Cold War in addition to the exam textbook and a load of articles. I will also probably buy a book with a more Soviet interpretation of the Cold War to counteract the Western dogma of most contemporary texts on the Cold War.

The environment....hmm is that ecology/environmentalism etc? Part of political issues? I may have some notes on that...What exam board are you using?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jakko247)
    The environment....hmm is that ecology/environmentalism etc? Part of political issues? I may have some notes on that...What exam board are you using?
    It's more about how the environment has become a political issue/energy sources etc. Glorified brainwashing.

The exam board is Edexcel.

ReputationRep:
    It's more about how the environment has become a political issue/energy sources etc. Glorified brainwashing.

The exam board is Edexcel.
    I will send you all the relevant stuff via email if you PM me an address, you can decide for yourself if it's useful

ReputationRep:
    Hey Guys,

Is anyone attending the UEA Law Open Day on the 12th February?
    I'm away from home and not sure what time I'm supposed to get there?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicfreak2410)
    hey guys,

is anyone attending the uea law open day on the 12th february?
    I'm away from home and not sure what time i'm supposed to get there?

Thanks!
    im going to that i think its at 9:00 am

ReputationRep:
    1000 applicants per year :eek: that is a lot for 165 places don't you think? :confused:

Well we have offers Woop.
    Wow, that is a lot. Congrats on your offers ^-^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loxemori)
    which university is this?
    Reading.

ReputationRep:
    Reading.
    congrats on your offer ^-^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loxemori)
    congrats on your offer ^-^
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bliss23)
    Well done on all your offers and your lnat! Do you mind me asking your gcse's and predictions? I've also applied to Durham and Nottingham but my lnat score is nowhere near as good as yours..
    Thanks
    Err, my GCSEs weren't great - 6As, 3Bs 1C. No A*s, so I'm surprised I've even got a look in haha.
    AS Level I got AABC and I'm predicted AAA.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.