Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natalia93)
    you definitely are! snap on the cambridge rejection, what college did you apply to ?? i have also applied to warwick but haven't heard anything yet (thank god they don't look at LNAT!) i only have one offer from sheffield for AA but was hoping to use that as my insurance!
    fingers crossed for us both!
    I went for St Catharine's, had a bit of trouble though as I needed to rearrange it. I'm desperate to hear from Warwick, but like I said no news seems good news. Unless they save all their rejections to the end! I got a letter from Nottingham, but it was about some unrelated stuff and the worry that it might have been a rejection, as the letter came two days after the Cambridge one, made me think that maybe I don't want to hear from anyone in a while.

Really happy with Southampton but would love to get more offers. Sheffield is a great uni, kind of gutted I didn't apply there as after visiting the city it looked super. I suppose we have to be grateful just to have one offer so far!

ReputationRep:
    I have offers from:
    Southampton: AAA
    Cardiff: AABB
    Leicester: AAA
    and still waiting for KCL and Warwick. Has anyone had offers from KCL????????

ReputationRep:
    Go on then. Cardiff have emailed, thanking me for applying, and informing me that they will let me know their decision soon but in the mean time I'm invited to visit them.

What's that all about?

(Original post by rockydog)
    I have offers from:
    Southampton: AAA
    Cardiff: AABB
    Leicester: AAA
    and still waiting for KCL and Warwick. Has anyone had offers from KCL????????
    I think I've seen a few, so I reckon no news is good news

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natalia93)
    hi guys (sorry to those who have already seen my post on the LNAT thread!)
    i got a poor 17/42 on the LNAT and have applied to both Nottingham and KCL ... do these have cut offs????
    i got 7A*s 3As and a B at GCSE
    last year i got AAB for AS and a B in Alevel maths
    and i am predicted A*A*A*A Alevel and A AS this year
    have i really blown it??!
    Hi
    I got 17/42 too and I applied to Nottingham. I have heard back from my other four choices and I'm waiting on Nottingham. I have tried desperately to find out if they have a cut off to but to no avail
    I think you'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    Got my Rej. of UCL. I hate them. They build and build you up with hope by keeping you waiting, and then BOOM. unsuccesful.

Tbh, I'm not that bitter as I probably couldn't afford to live in London on student funds anyway... It just would have been nice to have got an offer!

Leeds/Sheff/Birm/Hull? hmm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matt1291)
    Got my Rej. of UCL. I hate them. They build and build you up with hope by keeping you waiting, and then BOOM. unsuccesful.

Tbh, I'm not that bitter as I probably couldn't afford to live in London on student funds anyway... It just would have been nice to have got an offer!

I think I would do Birmingham.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adam0311)
    I think I would do Birmingham.
    Yeah, everyone's suggested I do Birm, it's on par with the likes of Manc/Bristol/Warwick in regards to its reputation for Law, I don't know why, I just get a bad feeling about it all. Which I know sounds pathetic. But, I don't know what it is, whether its the connotations surrounding Birmingham (stereotypical high-crime, ethnic prominence which is intimidating, rough areas...) I'm being cynical. I need to visit it :|

ReputationRep:

Sorry to hear...Did you get it today?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, everyone's suggested I do Birm, it's on par with the likes of Manc/Bristol/Warwick in regards to its reputation for Law, I don't know why, I just get a bad feeling about it all. Which I know sounds pathetic. But, I don't know what it is, whether its the connotations surrounding Birmingham (stereotypical high-crime, ethnic prominence which is intimidating, rough areas...) I'm being cynical. I need to visit it :|
    Yeah just visit it. I don't know if I would say its on par with Warwick/Bristol. Certainly on par with Manchester/Newcastle/Southampton. While, Sheffield is another bump down. Completely up to you. If you're going to be miserable at Birmingham bc your scared of ethnics and the potential for crime, then its better to go to your next best option.

ReputationRep:

Oh, no, never nice but not the end of the world.

What was your LNAT score?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thepro)
    Sorry to hear...Did you get it today?
    Yeah about an 1 hour ago!

(Original post by adam0311)
    Yeah just visit it. I don't know if I would say its on par with Warwick/Bristol. Certainly on par with Manchester/Newcastle/Southampton. While, Sheffield is another bump down. Completely up to you. If you're going to be miserable at Birmingham bc your scared of ethnics and the potential for crime, then its better to go to your next best option.
    It's not that I'm scared of ethnics, that kind of depicts me as racist, to which I am most certainly not! I just don't want to be wandering into an area, day or night, where it is heavily dominated and I feel pressured and intimidated, I don't want to live if its that uncomfortable an environment.

(Original post by Varethika)
    Oh, no, never nice but not the end of the world.

What was your LNAT score?
    it isn't, but tbh, I couldn't afford it so it made the decision easier in a sense.

Got 18/42 which is abysmal, so I was expecting a rejection anyway. I despise the Lnat. There are people who apply to places like Oxford, Durham, UCL, Bristol etc etc... and because of this ridiculous test, get 15/42 and get rejected! First they ask for astounding GCSE, AS, A Level Predictions, Extra-Currics... now this. It's becoming absurd. /endrant

ReputationRep:

That sucks, I'm sorry. I'm expecting my rejection soon. Same LNAT score. Don't worry about it, just means you would have been happier elsewhere (:

What were your grades?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loxemori)
    That sucks, I'm sorry. I'm expecting my rejection soon. Same LNAT score. Don't worry about it, just means you would have been happier elsewhere (:

What were your grades?
    1A, 11B GCSE
    ABBB AS
    AAA A2

Surprised they didnt reject me sooner, I'm a bog standard average joe! But hey, UCL isn't for everyone, and maybe this is a sign it wasn't for me!

ReputationRep:
    1A, 11B GCSE
    ABBB AS
    AAA A2

Surprised they didnt reject me sooner, I'm a bog standard average joe! But hey, UCL isn't for everyone, and maybe this is a sign it wasn't for me!
    hay don't be so down, you've probably been looking at this form to much, most students have the grades you have and your LNAT is above average. how long did it take them to replay. when did you send your application off?

ReputationRep:
    Course: Law (LLB)
    University: Exeter
    Offer: AAB

University: Manchester
    Offer: AAA

University: Cardiff
    Offer: ABB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dhar.jishnu)
    University: Exeter
    Offer: AAB

University: Manchester
    Offer: AAA

University: Cardiff
    Offer: ABB
    Has anyone heard from Queen Mary, University of London or London School of Economics?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nottsmay)
    sorry to be nosy but what GCSEs/A level grades did you get/are you predicted?
    I also got an offer from notts today but for AAB, think they may have made a mistake?
    I got 5 A*s 5As and a D at GCSE and 5 As at AS. Sorry for the late reply, but I'm sure it shows up in my signature.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dhar.jishnu)
    Has anyone heard from Queen Mary, University of London or London School of Economics?
    I've got an offer from Queen Mary
    AAA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swift2)
    Yeah! would love an offer but highly doubtful haha are you?
    I am doubtful too, I would love an offer. I only got 19 in the LNAT and my essay was pretty much non existent :P I was quite ill on the day though so I am pleased I still got above the average on the multiple choice :/ how did you do?

ReputationRep:
    Just received my final offer from Durham: AAA Didn't expect that at all All 5 offers in now, so happy

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.